RD Brandon Montour (2012 undrafted; 2014, 55th, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
i wish at some point Ducks fell into injury trouble or something cause I was hoping he woulda gotten a handful of games with the Ducks this year. VERY curious to see how he would have done.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
i wish at some point Ducks fell into injury trouble or something cause I was hoping he woulda gotten a handful of games with the Ducks this year. VERY curious to see how he would have done.

... you mean like right now? Both Bieksa and Vatanen are injured yet neither Theodore nor Montour have been recalled. Stoner and especially Holzer have played solid hockey though.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
... you mean like right now? Both Bieksa and Vatanen are injured yet neither Theodore nor Montour have been recalled. Stoner and especially Holzer have played solid hockey though.

Now's not the time to give someone their NHL debut (in Montour's case). Let him sit in the minors and play games he's comfortable with. The only teams who should be calling up players now is teams like Toronto, where expectations are very low and mistakes aren't as critical, because mistakes will happen.

Next season will be interesting in Anaheim along the blueline.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
What has he done recently that has impressed you so much?

Watch a SD game if you can. Logs a ton of minutes, has a lethal shot, solid skater, getting better defensively, plays the entirety of the PP and is a beast PPQB. ;)

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Watch a SD game if you can. Logs a ton of minutes, has a lethal shot, solid skater, getting better defensively, plays the entirety of the PP and is a beast PPQB. ;)

Yep, I really like Montour. Just thought I missed something in the last week or so. He is every bit what you described; huge future.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Still don't think he will ever be a duck unfortunately

I think if he were to be moved, it woulda been at this past trade deadline. Since he didn't get traded, I think he will stay in Ducks organization and Vatanen will be dealt in offseason

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
We would be on page 35+ if this was a Canadian team's prospect :laugh:

This is pretty standard. I laugh when I see how much love our prospects get when they get to the NHL. Lindholm got nothing until he started killing it in the NHL.

I think if he were to be moved, it woulda been at this past trade deadline. Since he didn't get traded, I think he will stay in Ducks organization and Vatanen will be dealt in offseason

I doubt it. Bob, and the ducks as an organization, dont make big deals at the deadline ever. If he is going to be moved it will be at the draft.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Montour named to the AHL First All Star Team and the All-Rookie Team. Good year for him. 12+43 for 55 points in 64 games.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Last year he played in USHL, NCAA and AHL, being over or very close to PPG. First full year in AHL and not too far away from PPG.
So far he have adjusted to any level, obviously finaal step will be the biggest one but i`m even more confident with him and i was already excited after last year.

He is the leading scorer for a team that is fighting for 2nd spot in the division. As a defenseman

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Is montour becoming a blue chip prospect? Or is he still a boom or bust?

I don't think he can be classified under 'boom or bust' anymore. The boom factor is there but I really don't see a bust here. From what I have seen he looks like a legit NHLer but it's hard for me to say how good he will end up being.

His progression and his dominance in lower leagues has been impressive but I am still cautious to label him as blue chip. In any case I have a very small pool of players that I consider to be blue chip.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
I don't think he can be classified under 'boom or bust' anymore. The boom factor is there but I really don't see a bust here. From what I have seen he looks like a legit NHLer but it's hard for me to say how good he will end up being.

His progression and his dominance in lower leagues has been impressive but I am still cautious to label him as blue chip. In any case I have a very small pool of players that I consider to be blue chip.
Fair enough. I do think he if he was drafted higher or maybe on a bigger team market he might have gotten that title. I don't think vatanen was considered a blue chip prospect and he turned out great :nod:

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Fair enough. I do think he if he was drafted higher or maybe on a bigger team market he might have gotten that title. I don't think vatanen was considered a blue chip prospect and he turned out great :nod:

I won't pretend that draft hype doesn't play a big part. The higher a player is drafted, the more people are going to watch him play. I had only heard mentions of Montour from Ducks fans last year.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He`s also already 21 years old tbh (was drafted as an overager in 2014). But he`s starting to get hype for sure. He made not even AHL first All-Rookie team but the general All-AHL team. That`s not bad at all.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's got really high upside and he's been a huge difference maker every time I see him, but he's still figuring out the defensive side, kinda raw there, so if he gets into the NHL next year, expect a steep learning curve in that regard, maybe even more so than Vatanen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad