RD Brandon Montour (2012 undrafted; 2014, 55th, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
He may be 21 but he is a lacrosse player turned into a hockey player. He is still learning and still producing at that level.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
One of the most underrated prospects in the league, if he was on a Canadian team he would have 5+ threads.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
One of the most underrated prospects in the league, if he was on a Canadian team he would have 5+ threads.

Toronto has TJ Brennan though lol

But yeah he is really underrated. Plus he was a late second pick

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
What Montour was able to do last year as he moved to three different leagues and post ridiculous numbers is unprecedented.
To be able to replicate those numbers this year shows it wasn't a fluke.
He's got serious offensive upside.

Mad Brills*

**** dave nonis.

Could've used a pick on him instead of trading for peter holland.

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto has TJ Brennan though lol

But yeah he is really underrated. Plus he was a late second pick

Oh yeah that TJ Brennan comp was just :facepalm:

rather this guy keep flying under the radar, last thing we need is to overhype him and everyone then want to see him fail

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
This.
He turned 100% hockey only 1 year before draft or something

Hockey and Lacrosse seasons don't overlap too much if you're not playing on one of those powerhouse travelling teams. If anything the Lacrosse has probably contributed to his talent rather than detracted from him focusing on hockey

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Hockey and Lacrosse seasons don't overlap too much if you're not playing on one of those powerhouse travelling teams. If anything the Lacrosse has probably contributed to his talent rather than detracted from him focusing on hockey

The offseason is where young players fine tune their skills. If he was playing Lacrosse more extensively than that is definitely taking away from ice time/drills/etc.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
So any chance he gets a call up next year? Even with Vantanen possibly going it looks like Shea Theodore will get the first crack at a roster spot. you have quite a logjam of studs at D, i'm jealous.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
So any chance he gets a call up next year? Even with Vantanen possibly going it looks like Shea Theodore will get the first crack at a roster spot. you have quite a logjam of studs at D, i'm jealous.

Montour's role next season for the Ducks will likely be similar to the role Theodore played this season, assuming only one of our current defensemen is traded. He'll be our go-to guy in the AHL when calling up a defenseman is necessary.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

he will be the go to guy all next year to be called up. Theo will most likely be in Anaheim full time next year and Montour will be the back and forth guy IMO... UNLESS Ducks trade Vatanen and Montour comes to camp and earns a spot and excels on the PP in Anaheim. That will make things very interesting. Gonna be interesting what happens in Anaheim in offseason and at training camp

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
impressive regular season stats for Montour this year... finished off 14th in league scoring, 2nd in AHL Dmen scoring and also 3rd in rookie scoring.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
impressive regular season stats for Montour this year... finished off 14th in league scoring, 2nd in AHL Dmen scoring and also 3rd in rookie scoring.
I remember when the season first started and you said you could see him being point per game. He was close lol

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I remember when the season first started and you said you could see him being point per game. He was close lol

haha ya... ya he finished with 57 points in 68 games... Honestly thought he would have finished at a point per game atleast but that point total is still real impressive.

Cant wait to see what happens next season now. I think Theodore will be with the Ducks fulltime and Montour will be the one that has the AHL/NHL back and forth season.... UNLESS if Ducks trade Vatanen and management finds that there is a hole with him gone once the season starts and Montour wins a spot

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
How how was vatanen when he came over to the AHL? Vatanen playing in the FEL with grown men probably gave him more development then a guy jumping from children to grown men in a season.

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
How how was vatanen when he came over to the AHL? Vatanen playing in the FEL with grown men probably gave him more development then a guy jumping from children to grown men in a season.

Vatanen had 9 goals and 36 assists for 45 points in 62 games in his only AHL season. But this was also after three seasons in Finland playing against men.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He should demand a trade if he is not called up next season ;)

Judging by your name I see u are a Jets fan... it's funny cause when teams were in pursuit of Ladd, I was saying Jets should be shopping him to Ducks for Montour and picks.. I think Montour in Jets organization would be unreal

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Judging by your name I see u are a Jets fan... it's funny cause when teams were in pursuit of Ladd, I was saying Jets should be shopping him to Ducks for Montour and picks.. I think Montour in Jets organization would be unreal

I don't think the Ducks were interesting in giving up a player like him for a pending UFA like Ladd. Maybe they'd be doing better in their series if they had Ladd ;)

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
I don't think the Ducks were interesting in giving up a player like him for a pending UFA like Ladd. Maybe they'd be doing better in their series if they had Ladd ;)
Chicago is down 3 games to 1. Hes not help the defending champs :laugh:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
just wanted to give props to Montour's first AHL season. 57 pts in 68 regular season games and then 5 points in 9 playoff games.

-AHL allstar
-1st in team scoring in regular season(tied for 1st)
-2nd in dmen league scoring
-3rd in league rookie scoring
-14th in league scoring

successful rookie season and very impressive and exciting player. Cant wait till he gets his chance in NHL

was really hoping he could have gotten a handful of NHL games in this season but unfortunately it didn't happen

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
just wanted to give props to Montour's first AHL season. 57 pts in 68 regular season games and then 5 points in 9 playoff games.

-AHL allstar
-1st in team scoring in regular season(tied for 1st)
-2nd in dmen league scoring
-3rd in league rookie scoring
-14th in league scoring

successful rookie season and very impressive and exciting player. Cant wait till he gets his chance in NHL

was really hoping he could have gotten a handful of NHL games in this season but unfortunately it didn't happen

Is he more or less assured a spot on Anaheim's blueline next year? I'm hoping so, it would mean Fowler/Vatanen could become trade chips in a deal with Detroit.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is he more or less assured a spot on Anaheim's blueline next year? I'm hoping so, it would mean Fowler/Vatanen could become trade chips in a deal with Detroit.

Definately not assured a spot for next year. This offseason will tell alot though for his season next year. Blue line is a little crowded on anaheim and nobody knows what will happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad