RD Brandon Montour (2012 undrafted; 2014, 55th, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Who knows how many spots will be available in Anaheim, this summer is going to be a circus for that roster because of all the free agents.

Murray hinted that both Lindholm and Vatanen's people were looking for big bucks this offseason, one of those will definitely go, my guess is Vatanen only because Lindholm pencils as the more well rounded player.

Theodore is not ready in my opinion, I thought he was largely ineffective this season and not ready for either the speed or physicality of the NHL.

I can't imagine a scenario where Fowler gets traded because of how favorable his contract is for Anaheim, he's just too cheap for that spot to trade.

Can Montour crack the roster? you bet he can but will he? Probably unlikely but there will be an opportunity, they'll want him to play a lot in the AHL and call him up starting in the 2nd half of next season. Just my 2 cents.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
Who knows how many spots will be available in Anaheim, this summer is going to be a circus for that roster because of all the free agents.

Murray hinted that both Lindholm and Vatanen's people were looking for big bucks this offseason, one of those will definitely go, my guess is Vatanen only because Lindholm pencils as the more well rounded player.

Theodore is not ready in my opinion, I thought he was largely ineffective this season and not ready for either the speed or physicality of the NHL.

I can't imagine a scenario where Fowler gets traded because of how favorable his contract is for Anaheim, he's just too cheap for that spot to trade.

Can Montour crack the roster? you bet he can but will he? Probably unlikely but there will be an opportunity, they'll want him to play a lot in the AHL and call him up starting in the 2nd half of next season. Just my 2 cents.
Theodore looked great in the regular season. Not so good in the playoffs. Even if the ducks trade Vatanen, Montour would still be behind a lot of guys.
Fowler-Bieksa
Lindholm-Manson
Theodore-depres
stoner
Montour

I can see him being the first call up after an injury like Theodore was

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I still don't think he's NHL ready. Offensively maybe, but again, Vatanen had a pretty steep defensive learning curve when he broke in and Montour is pretty far behind him imo, especially when the Gulls aren't in control of the game.

Like the above poster said though if Vatanen is out Theodore looks to be ready for regular season on-the-job training, and Montour getting some action would be the perfect way to break him in.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I still don't think he's NHL ready. Offensively maybe, but again, Vatanen had a pretty steep defensive learning curve when he broke in and Montour is pretty far behind him imo, especially when the Gulls aren't in control of the game.

Like the above poster said though if Vatanen is out Theodore looks to be ready for regular season on-the-job training, and Montour getting some action would be the perfect way to break him in.

Right. Many expect Montour to have the role next year that Theodore had this year: games in the AHL and first D call up in the NHL.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hes been tearing it up already to start the season. Had 1g. 1a and 12 shots on goal last night. Its really too bad hes in the Ducks organization(due to depth on Ducks blueline and 1 way deals) or else he would definitely be in the NHL IMO.

Leading Dman AHL scorer and leading the league in shots on goal in only 4 games played

He is a complete stud and a lot of AHL fans are saying hes the best player in the league. On a different level

He needs to be in NHL now

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
My eyes popped out of my head when I saw 12 shots. Shame he's got Kevin "NMC" Bieksa blocking him in the RHD position.

He needs to be in the NHL, but unfortunately hasn't even gotten his first sniff yet.

Last edited:

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
montour is the best player in the AHL.

4 games 2 goals 4 assists +4 27 shots on goal.....

Last edited:

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Leafsfan comming in peace!

Any thoughts on a deal around Montour and Kappanen? I have the Leafs taking on some salary as well.

Maybe something around Stoner and Montour for Kapanen and Polak?

Polaks deal is for $2.25 (so 1 million less) and is only one year instead of two.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Any thoughts on a deal around Montour and Kappanen? I have the Leafs taking on some salary as well.

Polaks deal is for $2.25 (so 1 million less) and is only one year instead of two.

I wouldn't be able to do it. Montour's ability to adjust to (and master) every next level in quick succession is just something you have to see through first. The Gostisbehere comparisions have been there for a little bit. I wouldn't trade him before he gets a chance to raise his value further by having an impact in the NHL. He's going to get his shot.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If I were Leafs I would go hard after him and even take a cap hit(Stoner) with him

He would be deadly with the Leaf youth

Id be curious if Ducks would ever move him... Ducks have some good young dmen tied up longterm and I could potentially see them moving him for help up front but I really don't know

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
If I were Leafs I would go hard after him and even take a cap hit(Stoner) with him

He would be deadly with the Leaf youth

Id be curious if Ducks would ever move him... Ducks have some good young dmen tied up longterm and I could potentially see them moving him for help up front but I really don't know

Someone will be moved down the road, but the Ducks aren't some kind of Santa Claus that hands out free defensemen around the league.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
We aren't Oprah either.

There will be no:

"You get a defenseman! You get a defenseman! EVERYBODY GETS A DEFENSEMAN!"

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Ducks DMen 25 and under:

Fowler
Vatanen
Hampus
Manson
Theodore
Montour
Larsson
Despres (RIP?)

I would say that is pretty good depth...enough top 4 dmen in that group to fill out a couple's teams rosters....

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I know this isnt a trade forum, but yeah, I still think a deal around Stoner+Montour makes sense.

TBH only seen him play a few times on AHL streams, but he has the look of a solid #2/3 RHD.

I would probably go as far as offering Kapanen and a 2nd rounder for the pair.

Oct 18, 2011
And doesn't get it just like Trouba won't :laugh::laugh:

well i look at it like montour is a young guy who deserves a chance to establish a career. he wants to be able to maximize his income potential and play in the best pro league, it could be as simple as just getting an answer from the ducks on what their time table for him is

i don't see shea theodore going back to the minors he just looks ready, so you got him, plus the other 4 young dman who are all under contract. if you do bring montour up and decide to put stoner and bieksa on the bench you then have a very young blueline, albiet very talented....

so at some point there has to be a trade to make room, and maybe montour is the one traded for a forward, but it could really backfire just because of how dynamic he is

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

I rather move Montour to forward than trade him for kap

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Not enough value

Fair enough - I would keep an open mind on Kapanen, finally getting good AHL minutes and 9pts through 6 games

Montour looks good, could elevate himself to being thought of as a real blue chip prospect with another good year. I think Kapanen is in that same boat though

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Not the worst proposal but no. Also wouldn`t want Polak imo

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I know this isnt a trade forum, but yeah, I still think a deal around Stoner+Montour makes sense.

TBH only seen him play a few times on AHL streams, but he has the look of a solid #2/3 RHD.

I would probably go as far as offering Kapanen and a 2nd rounder for the pair.

It makes sense for Toronto you mean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad