Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
But seriously though, all of our goals tonight are by guys who got their 1st as a Ranger. Trolling level over 9,000. The way we find ridiculous ways to win is the mark of a team that can take it all.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
But seriously though, all of our goals tonight are by guys who got their 1st as a Ranger. Trolling level over 9,000. The way we find ridiculous ways to win is the mark of a team that can take it all.

Glass didnt score. Over 9,000 trolling level has yet to be reached.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Honestly? I remember in 11-12 we would do the same thing. There were probably 6-8 games where guys like John Mitchell were scoring. It's good, but also lucky to some degree. It's one game, so that's fine, but I don't want to make it a habit of having games where only guys like Sheppard or Hunwick score, means the other guys aren't doing it.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Nobel Peace Prize for uniting the HF main boards

tZj4uo8.jpg

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Honestly? I remember in 11-12 we would do the same thing. There were probably 6-8 games where guys like John Mitchell were scoring. It's good, but also lucky to some degree. It's one game, so that's fine, but I don't want to make it a habit of having games where only guys like Sheppard or Hunwick score, means the other guys aren't doing it.

11-12 team didn't have long stretches of domination like this team has though. 11-12 team was this pretty much every night. At least this team has a positive corsi.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I like Kreider because he actually plays the game but seems to just naturally piss people off without distracting himself. Unique quality.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
11-12 team didn't have long stretches of domination like this team has though. 11-12 team was this pretty much every night. At least this team has a positive corsi.

Yeah, although that team had a 10-2 and 12-2 stretch I think and about four or five 5 game winning streaks, this is just our third.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, although that team had a 10-2 and 12-2 stretch I think and about four or five 5 game winning streaks, this is just our third.

The 11-12 team was obscenely consistent, I just felt the whole year like the bubble was gonna burst. I don't feel that with this team.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
little worried about the overall play of the team lately. Hopefully it's just the fatigue. Hope MSL is fine.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I like Kreider because he actually plays the game but seems to just naturally piss people off without distracting himself. Unique quality.
He's easily the most hated player in the NHL who's never been suspended. Bull in a china shop.

This team is making me nervous; Not because of how they're playing, just because I forgot what losing feels like...

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's easily the most hated player in the NHL who's never been suspended. Bull in a china shop.

This team is making me nervous; Not because of how they're playing, just because I forgot what losing feels like...

Read the Kreider thread and imagine it's our PGT. Basically like that.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
I just want to bring up Matt Martin in that thread for the Isles fans talking about Kreider. :laugh:

But I won't do that to the mods here.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007

Read the Kreider thread and imagine it's our PGT. Basically like that.

Actually, don't read the Kreider thread, unless your blood pressure is frighteningly low and you need a quick boost.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The 11-12 team was obscenely consistent, I just felt the whole year like the bubble was gonna burst. I don't feel that with this team.

Honestly, I feel like last year's team passed the eye test more. That team felt like a team whose bubble wouldn't burst once they got in a groove. That was the most consistent Rangers team I can remember in style of play. It was like a machine. Unfortunately that team had too many games like the Panthers had today. It's just that they almost never seemed to get out-possessioned or outplayed. I remember one game against Carolina where they got badly outplayed and I was in utter shock. This season too many games where they take a period or more off but find a way to win.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Honestly, I feel like last year's team passed the eye test more. That team felt like a team whose bubble wouldn't burst once they got in a groove. That was the most consistent Rangers team I can remember in style of play. It was like a machine. Unfortunately that team had too many games like the Panthers had today. It's just that they almost never seemed to get out-possessioned or outplayed. I remember one game against Carolina where they got badly outplayed and I was in utter shock. This season too many games where they take a period or more off but find a way to win.

After losing in the Finals to a team that basically tried in 30 games, I think we're pacing ourselves more this year. Luckily, things have bounced our way anyhow.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Streaks are nice, but consistency is better. On March 16 2012, we also had 95 points, but 70 games played. Our record exactly 3 years ago was:

70GP. 44-19-7
191GF
150GA

This year:
68GP. 44-17-7
207GF
158GA

This is basically the same season when you look at the stats, but the fact that we have less 5-game winning streaks means this team is more consistent.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
How is Kreider compared to Cooke? Seriously, do these people not understand what Cooke did? Kreider's dirty players are all borderline plays. Nothing close to a suspension. But, maybe it's just me and I forgot that he tried to disintegrate all the goalies MCL's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad