Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I call the Islanders the Piles, as in hemorrhoids as a play on their "Isles" nickname so I am the last to complain. I was just curious as to the word origin because it has no similarity to our actual name. :huh:

No idea, but I hate it with a burning passion. 2k2 is right though, if it bothers us, others will just use it more. I've tried making a push against it as well, but more people think it's just an abbreviation than anything else. I view it in the same light as "Piles" or "Debbies". Neither of which I ever use.

I'll just chalk it up to a pet peeve, but hot damn, I see that word and flip. :laugh:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
94oDvv4.jpg

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I'm 100% positive it comes from that fact that people on the internet are lazy and "Rangs" or "Rans" sounds dumb. Pens, Caps, Cats, Habs, Isles, Sens, Avs, Preds, Canes, Bolts, etc, etc, etc...

Thats how its used. Our classy rivals started it though

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Kreider is a guy that's huge, strong, and fast and plays a fast physical game. He sometimes ****s up his hits because he's a big strong fast guy. I doubt a guy that is a dirty cheap shot artist would give a **** if he got booted from a game like he did this year after Minnesota and stop playing his game.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Gudbransson was the one cross checking and whacking Kreider earlier in the game because he cleanly obliterated Mitchell.

While I think that play could've been a tripping penalty, does anyone else think it looked like Kreider decided at the last minute to stop and turn and thus the hit happened awkwardly? I mean, I don't think it was done with any malicious intent.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
To me, "Rags" is just an easy abbreviation in the same category as Sens, Pens, Habs...

I guess it all depends on the intention.

Agreed. 'Rangs' is just too awkward, so I've seen Rags used a lot before coming to this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I haven't seen any of those used in the mainboards. At least not recently.

That's because there's no one mistakingly shortening the Devils to Debbies. It's a clear insult. There are, however, a large contingent of main board users who use Rags and think they're just using a shorter name and not an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad