Value of: Quinn hughes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Read what I've said in this thread, I'm not dreaming about Hughes heading to NJ in the slightest.
Vancouver can trade him to whoever they want, and if he chooses to eventually go to UFA, I'd imagine NJ and Detroit would have a leg up on the competition. Players are traded as rentals, not every player comes with an extension.
What I'm saying is why would NJ trade for him, when he's not needed right now?
I don't know if you just see my pic and assume I'm thirsty for Quinn to be on NJ, but it's just not the case.
You keep saying If Hughes this or if Hughes that. I guess Bedard is guaranteed to come to Vancouver since he is originally from North Van why would he go to the team that drafts him. If Bedard doesnt report and asks for trade, then Vancouver can get him for cheap.

How about you come back down to reality instead of coming up with these scenarios that NJ will get Hughes for free at free agency and Hughes will sign long term for 6 million dollars and everything magically works for NJ. It never happens like that but hey its nice to dream for you guys. Bedard also said Canucks will win the cup so am guessing Bedard to Vancouver is 100% guaranteed

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Dua Lipa wants to be with me. This is common knowledge. Don't even try, fellas. Let me have this.
This is exactly how NJ fans act here when it comes to Quinn Hughes. Like a girl they have a big crush on but cant get but they keep insisting that she will marry them one day. Its actually starting to sound so desparate and pathetic ever since Hughes signed the 6 year deal with Vancouver. Maybe NJ can get Hughes once he hits 40 and comes there as a front office personnel 😅

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
So Buffallo says no to getting Quinn Hughes and Petersson for Dahlin? Ypu are out of your depths with this one because Vancouver hangs up before Buffalo says no and if Buffalo says no to that offer then their GM is even dumber than Benning or Milbury

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
You keep saying If Hughes this or if Hughes that. I guess Bedard is guaranteed to come to Vancouver since he is originally from North Van why would he go to the team that drafts him. If Bedard doesnt report and asks for trade, then Vancouver can get him for cheap.

How about you come back down to reality instead of coming up with these scenarios that NJ will get Hughes for free at free agency and Hughes will sign long term for 6 million dollars and everything magically works for NJ. It never happens like that but hey its nice to dream for you guys. Bedard also said Canucks will win the cup so am guessing Bedard to Vancouver is 100% guaranteed

Ya, you're not making any sense at all.
I never said anything you're spouting off about, I said if Quinn goes to UFA the Devils would go all in to try and sing him. I didn't say he was coming cheap, I didn't give any other scenarios where the Devils get him.
In fact if you weren't so hung up at inexplicably being mad at all Devil fans for non Devil fans comments you'd probably see we are a lot closer in our trains of thought than you think.

It was an Islander/Canuck fan saying all that shit about the brothers picking a house for Quinn to live when he ends up in NJ.... Not a Devil fan

It was a Montreal fan that said the Devils were likely to get him, not a Devil fan

I keep telling you to read the thread and pay attention to the poster, but you continue to dump on Devil fans

The only "if" I posted was if he goes to UFA the Devils would go for him, so kindly stop saying I said stuff I clearly didn't say.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Ya, you're not making any sense at all.
I never said anything you're spouting off about, I said if Quinn goes to UFA the Devils would go all in to try and sing him. I didn't say he was coming cheap, I didn't give any other scenarios where the Devils get him.
In fact if you weren't so hung up at inexplicably being mad at all Devil fans for non Devil fans comments you'd probably see we are a lot closer in our trains of thought than you think.

It was an Islander/Canuck fan saying all that shit about the brothers picking a house for Quinn to live when he ends up in NJ.... Not a Devil fan

It was a Montreal fan that said the Devils were likely to get him, not a Devil fan

I keep telling you to read the thread and pay attention to the poster, but you continue to dump on Devil fans

The only "if" I posted was if he goes to UFA the Devils would go for him, so kindly stop saying I said stuff I clearly didn't say.
If he goes the FA market which is a big if. I really dont see him going to FA market since he is a player in high demand that will be re-signed right away whether its Canucks or the team that pays to get him. The only way NJ can get him is via trade so forget the FA route. HFboard always discusses big names that might become available during summer and 95% of them sign with their current team.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
If he goes the FA market which is a big if. I really dont see him going to FA market since he is a player in high demand that will be re-signed right away whether its Canucks or the team that pays to get him. The only way NJ can get him is via trade so forget the FA route. HFboard always discusses big names that might become available during summer and 95% of them sign with their current team.

I agree it's a big if, but even still I doubt NJ would have any desire to trade for him until he's in his contract year and then they'd trade for him, when the price wouldn't be astronomical like it is should be right now.

Presuming they'll play together in NJ is kind of where it gets weird for me.
Yes, it's the easiest and most obvious choice but it's certainly not the only choice these brothers are obviously close and have expressed a desire to play together but, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Quinn go to Detroit and the Devils duo join him there as soon as they can.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Even if they do decide to go the rebuild route, trading Hughes, EP or Demko is not the answer. It's guys like Boeser/Horvat/Miller/Garland and you take whatever you can get for them.

I realize the notion of "they won't resign" but they are both RFAs at the end of their deal so you can go down that path if you need to and hope you can convince them on building it back up "properly".

Knowing the Aquaman though, this team will likely be trying to ship out Boeser + 1st for a top 4 dman and continue to go at it with this core because he cares more about short term profits
Agreed, good post. But Horvat a lot better than Miller, Garland or Boeser.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
So we trade Hughes for a bunch of garbage? cmon man thats really trying to rip off Canucks. We get the worst contract in NHL history for a young star player in Hughes and 1 year of Myers who is still a top 4?? Like Mario Ferraro going to make a difference? Thats like Canucks trading OEL and Hoglander for Timo Mier and Hertl. Cant believe why Vancouver would make such a dumb trade. If they made that trade, I would just cheer for another team.
Agreed with this post 100 percent. What the hell was that post?

Anywho, Canucks are lucky to have Hughes.
Only way he leaves Vancouver is if he wants out

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I agree it's a big if, but even still I doubt NJ would have any desire to trade for him until he's in his contract year and then they'd trade for him, when the price wouldn't be astronomical like it is should be right now.

Presuming they'll play together in NJ is kind of where it gets weird for me.
Yes, it's the easiest and most obvious choice but it's certainly not the only choice these brothers are obviously close and have expressed a desire to play together but, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Quinn go to Detroit and the Devils duo join him there as soon as they can.
if the brothers expressed the desire to play together today, it might be different in 5 years, when quinn can become a free agent first time. 5 years is a long time in a young adults life and the priorities can change fast at that age.

it's not worth to discuss this for the next 4 years and in 4 years the roster and cap situation of the teams in play will have changed a lot.

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think the value is too high atm for any team.

btw. Quinn Hughes became the first LD in a long time
in the NHL to score at least 40 points in first 4 seasons in the NHL

53 points
41 points
68 points
40 points (so far this season)
---------------------------------
205 points in 245 games

Now i know, its not some official stuff
but helluva impressive feat, Rasmus Dahlin couldn't do that.

Reactions: Szechwan

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I think the value is too high atm for any team.

btw. Quinn Hughes became the first LD in a long time
in the NHL to score at least 40 points in first 4 seasons in the NHL

53 points
41 points
68 points
40 points (so far this season)
---------------------------------
205 points in 245 games

Now i know, its not some official stuff
but helluva impressive feat, Rasmus Dahlin couldn't do that.
Saying LD is just a way to disqualify Fox and Makar. Defense is defense wtf cares which side they play on.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Just want to point out, he's +6 on a team that has no other top4 Dmen, while also playing PK minutes. He should be defensively adequate in his prime, still just 23.

Last edited:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Value for Quinn Hughes is highest amongst teams that don't need a guy that can play defense.
Value for Quinn Hughes is highest amongst teams that don't still live in the 2000s and think like a bunch of meat heads. When he's on the ice, it's very noticeable. 57% Corsi (Next closest defenceman on the Canucks is at 46%), on ice goal percentage of 58.3% (Next closest defenceman on the Canucks is at 42.4%). When Hughes is off the ice, the expected goals for percentage drops to a staggering 44.2%. There are a handful of defencemen that are better than him, sure, but I feel confident in saying he's a top-10 defenceman and the numbers back that statement up.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Just want to point out, he's +6 while playing PK minutes on a team that has no other top4 Dmen. He should be defensively adequate in his prime, still just 23.
The ‘Hughes can’t play defense” claims are a myth and always have been, barring a period in which he struggled during his sophomore season. He’s not exactly a shutdown D man but that’s not what he’s being paid to be.

The problem is the defense around him.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Just want to point out, he's +6 while playing PK minutes on a team that has no other top4 Dmen. He should be defensively adequate in his prime, still just 23.
They don't hand out a minus on the PK. I think you just meant to have separate sentences there worded a little different.

Reactions: Raistlin

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
This is exactly how NJ fans act here when it comes to Quinn Hughes. Like a girl they have a big crush on but cant get but they keep insisting that she will marry them one day. Its actually starting to sound so desparate and pathetic ever since Hughes signed the 6 year deal with Vancouver. Maybe NJ can get Hughes once he hits 40 and comes there as a front office personnel 😅
Then stop trying to move him here in trade ideas! No serious Jersey fan thinks or wants him here! The marketing part of it is great, that's where it ends! We are overloaded with (almost never a thing here in jersey but its true). If Van fans want to move him here look at our cap before you make proposals.
The only way he comes to Jersey is a part way through his almost $8M deal. I feel NJ only does that once they have contended a while which we are not even in yet! Enjoy hm, he's a great player, which we are not in need of at this time!

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
Remove Pettersson and it’s still bad for Vancouver
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SB716 and Love

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Can we all just ignore this comment? It’ll make the rest of the thread more bearable.
Why? He's absolutely right about it being bad for Vancouver.

Dahlin is better than Hughes, yes. But look at those contracts. Hughes is signed for 3 more years. Sure, Dahlin is still RFA, but he's going to get a raise.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Why? He's absolutely right about it being bad for Vancouver.

Dahlin is better than Hughes, yes. But look at those contracts. Hughes is signed for 3 more years. Sure, Dahlin is still RFA, but he's going to get a raise.
Because the opinion that Hughes is worth more than Dahlin is so outrageous it’s just going to derail the thread. Dahlin is in the conversation for being the best defenceman in the world and a Norris favourite this season. Hughes is great too but not at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad