Value of: Quinn hughes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
because its common knowledge he's already planning to go there. why would ANY other team risk not being able to resign him? thats a risk for vancouver to take, not the acquiring team

you want to pretend its not a real Probability, but it is, he can go there as a free agent, if he wishes, and theres nothing the Canucks can do to stop it. NOTHING. he can even torpedo any possible trades, by saying If im traded I will not resign, unless im traded to New Jersey

again yo can pretend its not real but its not YOUR decision, its 100% HIS
Its not common knowledge, how can you read his mind? Maybe Jack hughes comes to Canucks to play with his brother

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
Don't trade elite talent or you will end up regretting it. Trade everyone else, if you must..

Even more stupid is the idea of trading away the only legitimate top-4 D on the team who you can build around and who is signed for another 5 years at a very reasonable cap hit.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
You are forgetting what Quinn can bring to the table with his offensive talents. NJ's power play still sucks despite Dougie Hamilton arriving. If there's an opportunity to upgrade Graves at a cost of one our top prospects or 1st round pick, they would be mad to not consider it.

The cap can be managed with Graves and Tatar going the other way. Vancouver will accept them as their are expiring. Holtz or Zetterlund can be inserted for Tatar. And I think the team gets probably stronger if Tatar is out of the lineup.

Severson and Johnsson gone next year still means we have cap to re-sign Bratt.
Hughes would net a lot more than a top prospect and a 1st, let alone one or the other. I doubt the Devils will want to pay the cost to acquire Hughes. They are better to wait 5 seasons for him to be a UFA and hope he wants to play with his brothers. Think more than Eichel got. A lot more.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If he's traded, I suspect it'll be to the Devils
Says who? just because his brothers are with New jersey doesn't mean that Quinn wants to be there, he was pissed when Detroit didn't take him. He pretty much already said that he'd love to play for Detroit. that's where the family home is. just because his brothers are in new Jersey means absolutely nothing.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Says who? just because his brothers are with New jersey doesn't mean that Quinn wants to be there, he was pissed when Detroit didn't take him. He pretty much already said that he'd love to play for Detroit. that's where the family home is. just because his brothers are in new Jersey means absolutely nothing.
Yeah am getting tired of NJ fans simping on Hughes. Like a guy that has a crush on a girl tgat is not in his league and keeps flirting with her eventhough she always declines

No you can’t. I’m just saying that once a player makes up his mind, you no longer have the hammer anymore.

Lindros did it, Laine did it, Duchenne did it, even Kessel forced his way out of Boston.

If Hughes decides he wants to be in New Jersey, with his brothers he’s under no obligation to help the Canucks get the most they can, on the contrary he will do whatever he can to help his new team pay as little as he can. Just as others have done.
Thats cute, didnt know you are the new insider. If Hughes wanted to go to NJ, he would have left already instead of signing an extension but I guess you know more, right?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
How uninformed are you, he signed that contract before the second brother was drafted
So the second brother is the one that decides where Hughes signs, what he eats and who he gets married to? cmon man, they are grown adults not little kids anymore. They dont all need to live in the same bedroom, jesus christ. If Vancouver offers 10 million per on next contract extension and NJ offers 7 or 8, you really think he will choose NJ?

How uninformed are you, he signed that contract before the second brother was drafted
Also you are an Islanders fan, I dont know why you keep talking about NJ getting Hughes when none of this concerns your team. Its like you are a closet NJ fan or something

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Yeah am getting tired of NJ fans simping on Hughes. Like a guy that has a crush on a girl tgat is not in his league and keeps flirting with her eventhough she always declines

Did you read this thread at all? Take a look back and see how many DEVIL fans are suggesting Quinn to NJ.
All that shit is coming from outside fans, almost every Devil fan in here is saying they don't need Quinn especially at the price.

Reactions: HBK27

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Did you read this thread at all? Take a look back and see how many DEVIL fans are suggesting Quinn to NJ.
All that shit is coming from outside fans, almost every Devil fan in here is saying they don't need Quinn especially at the price.
That outside fan pretending to be islander fan is probably a closet NJ fan since he always talks about NJ. Heck he talks more about NJ than Isles so I kind of consider him a NJ fan lol

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
The idea that Q. Hughes will end up in New Jersey because his other two brothers are there is complete nonsense.

There are so many variables at play that would need to be accommodated for this to happen - to think that's his likely destination is.....simple minded.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
IF and I do mean IF the Devils traded for Q. Hughes then Siegenthaller would either have to be part of the deal and possibly Nemec/Hamilton or it would force a trade with another team.

Quinn Hughes- Hamilton/Nemec
Luke Hughes - Marino
Bahl/Muk - ???

You could put one of the Hughes on their offside but I don't like the idea of playing them as a pairing. They'd be better separate.

on the + side you could probably get some good stay at home defence to be paired with the Hughes if you traded the players listed above.

I guess you could put Siegs on his offside but I don't know how good he would be.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This is something insane that I cooked up.

I didn't even bother to attempt to figure out which team adds picks/prospects, or anything like that. That could definitely be added in here to make it work. This is just based on NHL rosters and NHL contracts and salaries. I'm pre-emptively telling you that your team might also be getting a good future piece back in the deal, so keep that in mind.

Vancouver gets pieces that fit their team better.
San Jose gets more long-term flexibility and a younger star.

VANCOUVER RECIEVES...
Erik Karlsson 10% retained (5y @ $10.35m)
Mario Ferraro (4y $3.25m)

SAN JOSE RECIEVES...
Quinn Hughes (5y @ $7.85m)
Tyler Myers (2y @ $6.00m)

---SJS retaining $1.15m on Karlsson for 5 years

Vancouver sends out $13.85m in salary
Vancouver recieves $13.60m in salary

San Jose sends out $13.60m in salary
San Jose recieves $13.85m in salary

OEL - Karlsson
Ferraro - Poolman
Rathbone - Dermott
Stillman / Juulsen / Woo
--- Schenn gone at deadline
--- Burroughs gone at deadline

Knyzhov - Myers
Hughes - Benning
Simek - Merkley
Vlasic - Megna
--- Nutivaara gone at deadline

Worst proposal I’ve ever seen

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Significant changes are likely coming in Vancouver, but I can see know way that Hughes, Demko, or EP get dealt. This will be the core that they build around.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
That outside fan pretending to be islander fan is probably a closet NJ fan since he always talks about NJ. Heck he talks more about NJ than Isles so I kind of consider him a NJ fan lol

I don't know that dude at all, he doesn't post on the Devils board much if at all. Maybe he thinks he just thinks he knows something though.
I seriously doubt the Devils would have any interest in trading for Quinn right now though.

Edit: I checked his history a little, he is in almost every Canuck thread, a lot of times spreading the Quinn to NJ shit but I'd say he's closer to a Vancouver fan more than a Devil fan though.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Didn't go through the whole thread.

Q. Hughes
DiPietro

For

Siegenthaler
Mercer
2023 1st
Marino
Tatar(cap)

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Didn't go through the whole thread.

Q. Hughes
DiPietro

For

Siegenthaler
Mercer
2023 1st
Marino
Tatar(cap)
Take Marino out and it would be better, Without him the the Right side would be Hamilton and potentially Nemec next year. Would defnitely destroy the Right side for awhile.

You can have Kevin Bahl instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad