Value of: Quinn hughes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Both offers are terrible for Vancouver.
One of the best Shutdown D in the league
A young player that was high up in the Calder race last year
a 1st in the 2023 draft which is supposedly deep
and a Young 6'6 Defenseman that is showing that he is NHL worthy
Is terrible?

People on HFboards need to learn not to always go to extremes with their words just because its easy.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
One of the best Shutdown D in the league
A young player that was high up in the Calder race last year
a 1st in the 2023 draft which is supposedly deep
and a Young 6'6 Defenseman that is showing that he is NHL worthy
Is terrible?

People on HFboards need to learn not to always go to extremes with their words just because its easy.
For Myers or someone? That's a hell of a package.

For Hughes? Yes, it is a terrible offer.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You're not great at reading, are you?
You put Myers there for some reason, That would be the biggest overpay in NHL history. You wouldn't have put his name out there if you didn't believe that he was somewhat worth that haul.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Vancouver

Hughes and Pettersson for Dahlin who has been hot for 5 games only and hasnt proven much. Are you kidding me? Hughes and Pettersson combined can get a McDavid type player, top 5 NHL player not some player on a hot streak. I wouldnt even trade Pettersson for Dahlin one on one, get real.
You may want to reconsider your position...

Reactions: lanceuppercut75

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
You put Myers there for some reason, That would be the biggest overpay in NHL history. You wouldn't have put his name out there if you didn't believe that he was somewhat worth that haul.
Am I wrong about that being a great return for a meh player? We'd snap that up with any extra thought.

Hughes isn't some average player, and you've offered two older, significantly worse defenders, a first, a prospect that won't have the impact on a team Hughes has now and a cap dump, and then thought one of the defenders was too good to include and plugged in a project D prospect instead.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Am I wrong about that being a great return for a meh player? We'd snap that up with any extra thought.

Hughes isn't some average player, and you've offered two older, significantly worse defenders, a first, a prospect that won't have the impact on a team Hughes has now and a cap dump, and then thought one of the defenders was too good to include and plugged in a project D prospect instead.
1. Siegenthaller is Great at defense like Hughes is great at offence, Obviously Hughes type players are valued more then shutdown defenders.
2. Bahl is not a project
3. No duh, Quinn would/has a bigger impact then Mercer. Thats why the trade has MULTIPLE players in it.

Just say that you want to keep Quinn, You don't have to disparage the players offered. Van has both OEL and Quinn right now, its redundant and OEL would be impossible to trade. Vancouver's Defence would instantly become more well rounded instead of a defensive sieve it currently is and don't forget the 2023 1st and Mercer.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
no interest from the Devils.

Next year.
Hamilton $9
Marino $4.4
Siegs 3.4
Bahl $2+
Hughes
Nemec
Smith-should be gone.

how does another $7.85 fit in and relegate one of Bahl, NEmec or his own brother to the bench or minors.
Bahl is proving that he is at least a valuable bottom pairing defenseman and is only to get better and for the most part is never going to be more than a bottom pairing D in NJ, due to where he is on the depth chart and still has the potential to be a top 4 D onthe bottom pairing.
Lets look at 25-26. Hamilton is a top pairing D. Siegs is arguably a top pairing D. Hughes and Nemec shoudl be top pairing D. MArino is a top four.
BAhl, Muhk and maybe even Okhotiuk all have top four potential. Not to mention numerous other prospects that are stil pretty decent and unknown including Seamus Casey, Walsh etc

I wouldn't trade one of Siegs or MArino for Hughes straight up. They are needed more than Hughes and contracts are easier to work with.

We need to stop with the Quinn to NJ because his brothers are there. NJ is the last team that needs Quinn Hughes.
Thank you

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Didn't go through the whole thread.

Q. Hughes
DiPietro

For

Siegenthaler
Mercer
2023 1st
Marino
Tatar(cap)

giphy.webp

Reactions: Guttersniped

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
1. Siegenthaller is Great at defense like Hughes is great at offence, Obviously Hughes type players are valued more then shutdown defenders.
2. Bahl is not a project
3. No duh, Quinn would/has a bigger impact then Mercer. Thats why the trade has MULTIPLE players in it.

Just say that you want to keep Quinn, You don't have to disparage the players offered. Van has both OEL and Quinn right now, its redundant and OEL would be impossible to trade. Vancouver's Defence would instantly become more well rounded instead of a defensive sieve it currently is and don't forget the 2023 1st and Mercer.
I agree that NJ isn't a fit on the Devils for the simple fact the cost to aquire him and the cost to get him would gut your roster. Quinn improves your team instantly, the amount of mis information on HF about Quinn is nuts. In 5 games he's averaging 27 mins is somehow +1 with 5 points while not 100% carrying Schenn or Poolman facing teams best forwards.

I get it he's a small dude who doesn't defend in the typical way but he's learned to use his stick, speed and iq and he's 22 years old. There is no scenario where he gets traded.
Bit if he did the package would be insane for the simple fact guys like him are rare and people saying Nemec will be better based on absolutely nothing need to have their head examined.
The kid isn't even near his prime and already could very easily be a ppg ice tilter who kills penalties above average and can play 27 minutes without breaking a sweat.
Our stupid management should be finding him a decent RHD, I mean Christ some of these takes here show a complete lack of actually watching him play.

Jack is a stud and Quinn is value wise the equivalent on D and your saying you wouldn't move the guys you mentioned but I'm sorry man bit there isn't one D in your organization that has done anything close to what Quinn has done and everyone assuming Luke or Nemac deserves to be held in the same esteem are Homer's. Until they break multiple rookie records in the regular season and playoffs they have nowhere near the value of Quinn locked up for 5 years at 7.2 cap hit.

Again I will point out at 21 he was close to a ppg +10 killed penalties while playing with Luke Schenn.

Any nuck fan that would trade him are idiots, we've waited 50+ years for a stud like him and a shitty 7 game stretch where the team is ravaged with injuries and literally the most odd 5 game road trip where every bad bounce went against us is no reason to sell off the cornerstones who are still kids.

Reactions: Xirik

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
it is common knowledge, his brothers have already chose a mansion for him to buy in Saddle River NJ, and he's already toured it. but believe what you want

his salary s at 8.6M now and then jumps to 9.5M and then 10,250M, he's got his money, now everything else is his choice
it might be quinn's favoured destination, but it is not a given, that new jersey will structure their roster and salary cap to fit him in, when he becomes a free agent. he might needs to play with the lowly flyers, rangers or islanders to live with his brothers. :naughty:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Doubtful, his brothers are two of the Devils most valued assets. do you really think they'd risk upsetting them by refusing to sign Quinn If he was willing to sign there? This isn't Keith Gretzky and Wayne here. Jack and Luke were top picks on their own merit. If the Trio says to Devils management, we want to play together, then that's what will happen.

The NHL isn't the NBA yet. But it's getting there. Players are using their leverage more and more.
if the devils become a contender in the next few seasons, they hopefully care about something else than reunite brothers in 2027. i even hope for jack and luke winning a title has priority over playing with their other brother.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I am an Islanders fan. I just really liked Kesler so the Canucks became my second team. Since they played late at night I could watch both teams. And if you're a Devils fan you know as well as I do that since Jack was drafted the brothers have been driving the bus to bring them all to Jersey. It doesn't matter if the Devils would rather not because they used top picks to draft Jack and Luke....it's in the Devils best interest to keep those boys happy. Otherwise they could all decide to end up as Red Wings.

if they want to play together and apparently they do. They hold all the cards. It just depends on how far they are willing to use their leverage

While I agree they'll attempt to keep them happy, that doesn't mean they'll mortgage the prospect pool they've been accumulating to trade for Quinn right now.
When he becomes a UFA, I'd expect NJ to go all in to sign him

Reactions: HBK27

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
While I agree they'll attempt to keep them happy, that doesn't mean they'll mortgage the prospect pool they've been accumulating to trade for Quinn right now.
When he becomes a UFA, I'd expect NJ to go all in to sign him
He wont reach UFA status, either Canucks will re-sign him or trade him. Canucks management is not dumb.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
it might be quinn's favoured destination, but it is not a given, that new jersey will structure their roster and salary cap to fit him in, when he becomes a free agent. he might needs to play with the lowly flyers, rangers or islanders to live with his brothers. :naughty:
I agree except the UFA part. Canucks would trade him if he didnt want to re-sign

Doubtful, his brothers are two of the Devils most valued assets. do you really think they'd risk upsetting them by refusing to sign Quinn If he was willing to sign there? This isn't Keith Gretzky and Wayne here. Jack and Luke were top picks on their own merit. If the Trio says to Devils management, we want to play together, then that's what will happen.

The NHL isn't the NBA yet. But it's getting there. Players are using their leverage more and more.
You keep dreaming about this scenario.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I'm not sure if you're aware, they actually become UFA's even if they are on a different team
Ok but the team usually getting Hughes will have agreement for extension before the trade. similar to how Calgary re-signed Huberdeau and weegar. I doubt another team will give huge assets for an unsigned Hughes. Its very rare these players go to FA market. So instead of teams trying to cheap out they will trade for the players they want even if it costs them assets to guarantee that they get the player. Also how do you know Hughes automatically goes to NJ? what if Detroit throws a 10 mil per offer his way? He will then choose Detroit. Stop dreaming about Hughes coming to NJ

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
it is common knowledge, his brothers have already chose a mansion for him to buy in Saddle River NJ, and he's already toured it. but believe what you want

his salary s at 8.6M now and then jumps to 9.5M and then 10,250M, he's got his money, now everything else is his choice

Dua Lipa wants to be with me. This is common knowledge. Don't even try, fellas. Let me have this.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
For me personally, I think

To NJ: Quinn Hughes
To Canucks: Nemac + 1st

Would be a fair deal. NJ have already violently tampered with Quinn Hughes in an indirect way (i.e. getting Luke and Jack to talk about how they wished Quinn was with them) and so they might as well go the whole 9 yards.

It was a Tom Fitzgerald master plan and the Devils should thank their lucky stars that Q. Hughes doesn't play for Toronto, NYR, Chicago, Boston, or Pittsburgh (i.e. teams that receive open preferrential treatment from the league) otherwise the Devils would have been fined with a tampering charge.
Wow, a poor me about preferred franchises and then projected fantasy about conspiracy to get Quinn Hughes to New Jersey.

Yes, drafting Luke is such a draw that Quinn signed his 6 year/7.85m two months after the 2021 draft and it’s only 6 years long to keep the AAV down.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

This hasn’t come up on the Devils board, man do we suck when it comes to juicy gossip.

Well, if his brothers chose him a Saddle River mansion to buy I guess this is where he’ll play in, uh, 2027-28.

• Haha
Reactions: Bone Density

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Ok but the team usually getting Hughes will have agreement for extension before the trade. similar to how Calgary re-signed Huberdeau and weegar. I doubt another team will give huge assets for an unsigned Hughes. Its very rare these players go to FA market. So instead of teams trying to cheap out they will trade for the players they want even if it costs them assets to guarantee that they get the player. Also how do you know Hughes automatically goes to NJ? what if Detroit throws a 10 mil per offer his way? He will then choose Detroit. Stop dreaming about Hughes coming to NJ

Read what I've said in this thread, I'm not dreaming about Hughes heading to NJ in the slightest.
Vancouver can trade him to whoever they want, and if he chooses to eventually go to UFA, I'd imagine NJ and Detroit would have a leg up on the competition. Players are traded as rentals, not every player comes with an extension.
What I'm saying is why would NJ trade for him, when he's not needed right now?
I don't know if you just see my pic and assume I'm thirsty for Quinn to be on NJ, but it's just not the case.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I am an Islanders fan. I just really liked Kesler so the Canucks became my second team. Since they played late at night I could watch both teams. And if you're a Devils fan you know as well as I do that since Jack was drafted the brothers have been driving the bus to bring them all to Jersey. It doesn't matter if the Devils would rather not because they used top picks to draft Jack and Luke....it's in the Devils best interest to keep those boys happy. Otherwise they could all decide to end up as Red Wings.

if they want to play together and apparently they do. They hold all the cards. It just depends on how far they are willing to use their leverage
Again, Quinn didn’t have to sign for 6 years after Luke was drafted but he did.

So I’m not actually seeing how all three brothers are desperate to be on the same team ASAP. Luke is the youngest brother, the big brother vibe is cute. You don’t have to read more into it though, they’re adults who can play on different teams.

Vancouver has things like getting Kuzmenko and Pettersson re-signed to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad