Value of: Quinn hughes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Hughes is regularly protected against top competition and has been his whole career. It's truly crazy you think he's a Makar/Fox/Dahlin level player.
What's truly crazy is that you think Fox and Dahlin are on a different level, it makes no sense, why because Hughes doesn't hit? The whole he gets deployed in the offensive zone more (by a small margin I might add) so he is protected is a weak argument. He doesn't have to play as good in his own zone because he starts in the O zone more LOL, really? Like have you watched this team play since he was drafted? TOI as mentioned is the biggest argument against you here and you continue to ignore it.

Hughes is 8th in the league in TOI, he plays against all competition, what’re you talking about :laugh:

Since he’s entered the league, he’s top 5 in time on ice, only Makar, Doughty, Hedman, and Heiskanen have averaged more.

Dahlin his whole career has been mediocre until half of last season and this season, and one of the worst defenseman in GA in history of U24 who have played more than 100 games.
Apparently ice time means nothing, because analytics LOL

Reactions: LemonSauceD

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
I think a lot of canucks fan would be surprised how little you'd fetch for him
Look I can see people getting annoyed by the sheer number of Canuck related tidbits that have come out in the past year or so, and the amount of times that over zealous Canuck fans have overvalued lesser assets, and that it may be jading the values of anyone who is a Canuck at this point, but you are wrong.

Hughes is one of the very few bright spots on our team that in a hypothetical world where he is on the market would actually truly legitimately fetch a king's ransom. Not just a lot, but an OMG that's groundbreaking territory. Unless it comes out that Hughes has either a) asked specifically and on camera for a trade out, or b) has literally boinked Aquilinis wife...he is not available

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I think a lot of canucks fan would be surprised how little you'd fetch for him
Canucks fans don't want him traded. He is what drives the offense from the backend and Hughes is the only D on this team that can pass and score 80 points yearly. Those are elite number, don't care how you view him or how you think he would fetch little in a trade because he wouldn't be traded.

Reactions: Grumpy1

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I'm not sure it'd be a fortune, but two 1sts and a decent prospect plus a cap equivalent of half his deal LD would probably be the thing.

For example, PIT would probably be 2 1sts, Pickering, and Petterson.
Haha ok bud, 2 lowly first for a top pairing dman that gets 80 points. Go ahead and find me another Hughes or two if it's that cheap. Even Karlsson is at 32 with a boat anchor contract has that price tag nevermind someone as young as Hughes. No GM would ever trade a player like Hughes unless they wanted out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Haha ok bud, 2 lowly first for a top pairing dman that gets 80 points. Go ahead and find me another Hughes or two if it's that cheap. Even Karlsson is at 32 with a boat anchor contract has that price tag nevermind someone as young as Hughes. No GM would ever trade a player like Hughes unless they wanted out.

I'm not sure Quinn is a top pairiing dman on most teams trying to trade for him. Much like Chychrun.

He's a very good D though.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers pass
Not sure we could fit under cap w/o gutting youth, and our established stars unfortunately all pretty much w/movement clauses

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I'm not sure Quinn is a top pairiing dman on most teams trying to trade for him. Much like Chychrun.

Not sure if you are even qualified to gauge player's trade values if you are this biased. I bet all GMs in NHL would want Hughes on their team and would put him in the top pairing except maybe the Avs who have Makar. Hughes is ten times the player Chychrun is on the offensive side that it's not even funny.

This thread is honestly pointless when Hughes is untoucheables right now. Maybe close the thread until the time where he is requesting a trade or is close to free agency. Right now it's just all speculations from other fans thinking Hughes is very cheap lol

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Not sure if you are even qualified to gauge player's trade values if you are this biased. I bet all GMs in NHL would want Hughes on their team and would put him in the top pairing except maybe the Avs who have Makar. Hughes is ten times the player Chychrun is on the offensive side that it's not even funny.

This thread is honestly pointless when Hughes is untoucheables right now. Maybe close the thread until the time where he is requesting a trade or is close to free agency. Right now it's just all speculations from other fans thinking Hughes is very cheap lol

Not biased at all. Hughes getting the equivalent of 3 1st round pick and a roster LD is probably what he gets.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
this is stupid honestly...team struggling but let's trade our best D and top young player. just a dumb panic move that solves nothing at all. If Hughes is traded, Pettersson and Demko will be traded too amd they will just start from scratch.
Petterson is their top young player

Vancouver

Hughes and Pettersson for Dahlin who has been hot for 5 games only and hasnt proven much. Are you kidding me? Hughes and Pettersson combined can get a McDavid type player, top 5 NHL player not some player on a hot streak. I wouldnt even trade Pettersson for Dahlin one on one, get real.
Hmm Dahlin has been the best Dman this year.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Nope for a bunch of reasons .
No way in hell we can spend that much on D .

Yeah, can't see this trade at all.

I think the Devils will make a pitch in July 2027, if he ever gets to UFA. Dougie will have one year remaining at that point and could be traded to make room.

Reactions: FooteBahl

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
There is no way Dahlin is on another level then Hughes, like holy f***ing bias, nor would anyone say he's the best dman in the world or even in the conversation. Talk about derailing the thread, look at yourself with statements like that.

I'm not saying Hughes is worth more either BTW.

You're the one trying to derail the thread with nonsense like this lmfao

Yes he is on another level and yes he is in that conversation. If he isn't already (#1), he probably will be soon.

Why does this upset you so?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
What's truly crazy is that you think Fox and Dahlin are on a different level, it makes no sense, why because Hughes doesn't hit? The whole he gets deployed in the offensive zone more (by a small margin I might add) so he is protected is a weak argument. He doesn't have to play as good in his own zone because he starts in the O zone more LOL, really? Like have you watched this team play since he was drafted? TOI as mentioned is the biggest argument against you here and you continue to ignore it.

Apparently ice time means nothing, because analytics LOL
Fox and Dahlin are on a much different level.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

Jesus you are something else :laugh:

You're the one trying to derail the thread with nonsense like this lmfao

Yes he is on another level and yes he is in that conversation. If he isn't already (#1), he probably will be soon.

Why does this upset you so?
Lmao he’s not on another level. Better? Sure. But they’re both on the same level. What a stupid post. There are 2 players on a different level and neither of them play for Buffalo.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
That’s a pretty f***in solid stat line as of recent. He’d cost a fortune. No reason for Nucks to move him, signed till 2027 & these kinda Dman don’t just grow on trees.

I don’t think he’s on a Dahlin/Fox level. But certainly on the tier below. With potential to hit their tier

C069C495-0440-4873-B9D7-BC578A50A9F4.png

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Lmao he’s not on another level. Better? Sure. But they’re both on the same level. What a stupid post. There are 2 players on a different level and neither of them play for Buffalo.

I'm not trading Dahlin for any other D, that also means Makar and Fox if they were the ones being referenced.

I'd be stunned at this reaction during any stage of Dahlin's career post draft, not just this current season where it would be more obvious to other fans.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012

This is why I hate reading posts from none traditional markets.............

Hughes is the 3rd highest scoring LHD in the league today, 6th OA, 8th in total minutes........man!

So, what makes a number one defenseman in your opinion? Geesh!

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
This is why I hate reading posts from none traditional markets.............

Hughes is the 3rd highest scoring LHD in the league today, 6th OA, 8th in total minutes........man!

So, what makes a number one defenseman in your opinion? Geesh!

Teams that want Hughes are giving up a ton to add him to a great roster. That was my point not that Hughes isn't a top pairing D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad