Value of: Quinn hughes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Every thread inevitably boils down to people who have seen Dahlin play since Krueger was fired and people who havent.

what makes him a different level than Hughes? That he’s playing at a different level than Hughes.
Every thread like this, inevitably boils down to people who have actually watched QH play, understand context and people who haven't/don't.

What makes Dahlin on another level than Hughes? Nobody actually knows but people like to pretend a small sample size somehow matters more than consistency and context.

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Hughes is nowhere near Karlsson on either end of the ice.

Barrie wasn't that good at 23, but that's not what I meant. What is a 23 year old with Tyson Barrie's profile worth? That's Quinn Hughes.
This is a truly humiliating take.

You don't watch Hughes, that's clear. And this coming from someone who liked young Barrie and watched quite a bit of the Avs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is a truly humiliating take.

You don't watch Hughes, that's clear. And this coming from someone who liked young Barrie and watched quite a bit of the Avs.

I like Hughes but I don't consider him a complete D man. Great offensive guy that holds his own in the D zone and most would love to have him on their PP. He's better than a young Barrie, I agree there. How much better? Subjective on who you ask. He don't have a young Karlsson trade value though. Somewhere in the middle of Karlsson and Barrie but that is a wide gap man. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
With nj looking like the destination, what does it take for Canucks to move Quinn
Do they even have room? That's a player you give big minutes to and he has a big cap. I don't see the fit right now. They probably don't want 18 million on the backend between 2 players. So you'd have to think Hamilton, but not sure what sense that currently makes for Vancouver, and adding a great player to Hamilton, or a prospect such as Nemec doesn't make much sense for NJD, other than to say they grabbed another Hughes.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Hughes will be traded in the 2026 off season unless there is new management that suddenly changes around a crap show that the Canucks have been for a couple decades.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Nope. Hughes is the likely captain. He’s got better leadership qualities and has been a vocal part of the dressing room for a better part of the last 2 years.
That's a bit of a tough gig right now it would seem. Best of luck to him if he lands it. Hopefully the new management can keep ownership somewhat at bay and retool/rebuild as needed.

Reactions: Raistlin

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Is there a player in the NHL whose reputation is more unfairly maligned by people's uninformed opinion of him than Quinn Hughes? And, on the other hand, is there another player who is credited for playing at a level he's never actually sustained more than Dahlin?

By reading some of the opinions in this thread, you'd think Quinn Hughes was a poor man's Marc-André Bergeron. I suppose the time zone issue really is a thing.

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022
Is there a player in the NHL whose reputation is more unfairly maligned by people's uninformed opinion of him than Quinn Hughes? And, on the other hand, is there another player who is credited for playing at a level he's never actually sustained more than Dahlin?

By reading some of the opinions in this thread, you'd think Quinn Hughes was a poor man's Marc-André Bergeron. I suppose the time zone issue really is a thing.
Its actually wild... By no means is he an all world defensive guy but he is by no means even below average. People think "oh hes small and puts up numbers must be trash in his own end". Hes Kimmo Timonen defensively with twice the skill offensively

Last edited:

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
What’s with all the rough takes on Hughes’ defensive game? He’s miles ahead of Barrie and Karlsson in his own zone. He’s got elite IceQ, vision, puck retrieval, edge work, and never seems to wear out despite having the puck on his stick more than 98% of the league. Kid controls games every time he steps on the ice. I’d say his worst quality is his shot power. That’s an offensive quality fyi. Lol.

Best D man in team history already… and has the will/work ethic/coachability to continually improve. he won’t be going anywhere unless he wants to.

TBH the Canucks are one of the more underrated teams in the league. If they get the post injury Demko to start the year, and improve the PK from historically bad to average, they’ll be fighting for far more than a wildcard birth.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
With nj looking like the destination, what does it take for Canucks to move Quinn
Ehhh as a NJ fan I wouldn't want him right now unless it was a steal of a trade. Fair value? I'll pass. Reason? We just don't need him. Our dmen is already locked up for the next few years with no weakness. We have Hamilton taking up 9 mill per year with a NMC, so he ain't going anywhere. Behind him we have Marino & Nemec. Left side we got Siegs, Luke Hughes & Bahl. Safe to say I'm very comfortable with our dmen & I wouldnt go out of my way to get Quinn. Adding a player like him is a luxury & if his last name wasn't Hughes we wouldn't even be in the conversation. The trade chips we have left can be used for other spots. If Holtz busts then we need a 3rd line winger. I also wouldn't mind looking to upgrade on goalie. So yeah Quinn is the last thing we need. He will prob come on to NJ for free when his contract is up.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Sees proposals without Siegenthaler + L. Hughes coming back, and folks railing on Quinn's defensive ability given his skating
[Insert Grandpa Simpson Walking in and Out GIF].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad