Proposal: Puljujärvi for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Has Trouba signed yet? What's the status of that?

There isn't any problem there, is there?

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Lmao. Trouba plays 4th toughest minutes on Winny and ranks 3rd for corsirel. Also has 50% zone starts. Larsson played 2nd toughest mins on NJ (but 1st pairing with partner being #1) and 30% zone starts and played amongst the toughest comp in the entire

I mean you were smart enough to find a advanced stats website and sort of understand them, surely youd understand the effects of quality of comp? right? This is like understanding how to say a word but not understanding how to speak a sentence. You are half way there to understanding things

lmao back at you. Perhaps you never noticed that Trouba and Larsson's OppCF is identical. I guess maybe Larsson's isn't playing such tough competition after all.

And you might be surprised that Trouba is getting the second highest corsi among Wpg starters playing 75% of the time with Stuart -- the second-worst of 9 defenseman for the Jets.

So Trouba has the second-best CF%RelTM on the Jets at 3%. Larsson at -1.7% was among the bottom-feeders on the Devils. Sure zone starts has a bit to do with the varaince. But you'll have to do a lot more to convince me that Trouba, in spite of playing with a terrible partner, isn't a better D-man than Larsson

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Let's play..... If trouba is willing to sign a market value long term deal no chance the jets make this trade we need D.
If trouba is not happy and is playing hard ball to get out of Winnipeg there is zero chance he would sign in Edmonton also.
Trade won't work either way.

I do think it is a fair offer by the OP.

You can't really say that without knowing his reasoning. Maybe it's cause he wants to be in the states but maybe it's because he's unhappy with the fact he either has to battle Buff and Myers for minutes on the right or he has to switch to his offside, both of which could affect his future earning potential.

Personally I think the situation is Trouba wants a deal in the 4-5 year range at 5-6M so he can get to UFA in his prime pull in a big UFA pay day and pick where he wants to play. WPG wants him 7-8 years at 6-6.5M. Trouble saying well if you want 7-8 years I want 7-8M per and Jets saying if you want 4-5 years we're only going 4-4.5M AAV.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
4 team 3 Way:
(Rangers) McD + for Trouba + (Jets)

(Rangers) Trouba for Reinhart (Sabres)

(Sabres) Ristolainen for Draisatil + (Oilers)

------------------
NYR then flips
Stepan + three 3rds to Canes for Pesce, Murphy, and three 2nds

----------
additional deals to move Staal's NMC

consolidate vets into youth, picks

--------
Jets get needed LD, older, but sweetheart deal 3 years w/chance to extend

Sabes get replacement 1RD, supposedly he is tight with Eichel?

Risto = Draisatil, great for C, but could also power W

Canes get a top 20 C.

WHy do you want Trouba for Mcdonagh all the time? Mcdonagh is alot better than Trouba.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Today I found out that Jakob Kindl is a top10 NHL Defender. Wonder why he hasn't won a Norris yet.
Maybe consider the quality of competition and defensive zone starts. Or just watch the player.

LMAO as somebody who has watched every single wings game the past 5 years I can say Jacub kindly is the worst defenseman I have ever seen play the game. So much potential yet so brain dead

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
A Laine-Schiefele-Puljujarivi pairing could be the best line in hockey a few years down the road. the jets would definitely be interested.
maybe modify it a bit

Trouba, Dano, 2nd for Puljujarvi + Nurse?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
A Laine-Schiefele-Puljujarivi pairing could be the best line in hockey a few years down the road. the jets would definitely be interested.
maybe modify it a bit

How about no? The Jets don't need a downgrade at D, and they don't need to add yet another rookie forward.

Pass.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
puljujarvi + nurse for trouba + one of the Jets' decent young forwards (not sure which one makes the most sense; not wheeler, scheifele, connor level) could make sense, but both teams' fans will overvalue their players and this trade wouldn't be agreed to on this forum

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The counter to that is that Jets fans (for example) probably better understand their own organizational needs versus some random drive-by poster from Toronto.

The reality of our situation hasn't been fully thought out either.

Trouba would force us into a 4 + 4 situation for the expansion draft and he comes with a significant price tag. We would lose those years of Pulju's ELC on a team friendly contract and hurting ourselves as right handed forwards are a positional need. Our future financial reality needs to be carefully considered going forward. We need all of the cheap home grown talent we can get if we are going to be successful in the coming years.

There are valid and intelligent reasons why it wouldn't make sense for either (WPG is strong at wing with a number of prospects on the cusp of being full time NHLers. It would be like EDM trading Klef or Larsson for a Centre. Makes no sense considering specific organizational strengths/weaknesses). Maybe being bogged down in Trouba and Larsson comparisons is a sign this should be closed.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
The reality of our situation hasn't been fully thought out either.

Trouba would force us into a 4 + 4 situation for the expansion draft and he comes with a significant price tag. We would lose those years of Pulju's ELC on a team friendly contract and hurting ourselves as right handed forwards are a positional need. Our future financial reality needs to be carefully considered going forward. We need all of the cheap home grown talent we can get if we are going to be successful in the coming years.

There are valid and intelligent reasons why it wouldn't make sense for either (WPG is strong at wing with a number of prospects on the cusp of being full time NHLers. It would be like EDM trading Klef or Larsson for a Centre. Makes no sense considering specific organizational strengths/weaknesses). Maybe being bogged down in Trouba and Larsson comparisons is a sign this should be closed.

Understood. Thanks for the explanation :)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
How about no? The Jets don't need a downgrade at D, and they don't need to add yet another rookie forward.

Pass.

the jets get a young LHD that could easily be as good as or better than trouba and puljujarvi could be the best player in this deal by game 10.

teams dont always "need" a player that they acquire but situations arise cough* Trouba where they "need" to make a hockey deal.

Laine,Schiefele, Puljujarvi,Little,Wheeler,Connor
Buff,Myers,Nurse
Hellybucyk

that would be an impressive core going forward.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The counter to that is that Jets fans (for example) probably better understand their own organizational needs versus some random drive-by poster from Toronto.

and yet neither is actually the guy who pulls the trigger on a deal so in the end its just speculation on the return trouba will bring no?

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
We don't need Pulj, but I'd value him over Trouba, so I would do that deal and worry about finding another Dman another way. If you can bring in surplus value, whether you need it or not, you do it, imo.

Trade Dano/Burmi/Petan/Stafford + 2017 1st, I'm sure you can find something decent.

Ehlers Schiefele Wheeler
Laine Little Pulj
Connor Perreault Stafford/Dano/Burmi
Matthias Lowry Armia/Copp/Dano/Burmi

That's an unreal lineup for years to come.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
maybe modify it a bit

How about not a chance. Could Jets fans please overrate Trouba just a little bit more. Trouba is only a little better than Nurse right now for christ sake. Guy looked as bad as Nurse did when he was thrust into too many minutes when he wasn't paired with Byfuglien. In what world would or should the Oilers give two prime assets for Trouba and a guy who has Yakupov value right now. This proposal is probably tied with the poster asking for Klefbom and Pool for Trouba and Connor.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
How about not a chance. Could Jets fans please overrate Trouba just a little bit more. Trouba is only a little better than Nurse right now for christ sake. Guy looked as bad as Nurse did when he was thrust into too many minutes when he wasn't paired with Byfuglien. In what world would or should the Oilers give two prime assets for Trouba and a guy who has Yakupov value right now. This proposal is probably tied with the poster asking for Klefbom and Pool for Trouba and Connor.

not a jets fan.
agree about overrating trouba but yeah young dmen have tremendous value. nurse is not even close to trouba yet, that is way off

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
not a jets fan.
agree about overrating trouba but yeah young dmen have tremendous value. nurse is not even close to trouba yet, that is way off

No kidding, this has been discussed numerous times, Nurse is no where near Trouba no matter how much Edmonton fans want to believe it.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
not a jets fan.

No kidding, this has been discussed numerous times, Nurse is no where near Trouba no matter how much Edmonton fans want to believe it.

Oiler fan and major Nurse supporter and I agree.

Trouba will be a top pairing #2. Nurse will be a #3 second pairing, 1st team penalty killer. Still wouldn't move Trouba for Nurse as the main pieces. We can't afford Trouba, come time to resign Nurse won't cost much more than $3M/year or less. The extra savings matter when you have to consider Drai and McDavids impending contracts. The exclamation point for us is Nurse is expansion draft exempt as well.

Nurse is simply not available. It would take a massive overpayment from an Eastern team that included a top 4 RHD right now. Imagine Nurse was on your team, you would have plenty of time to be patient with him. He's worth the wait, he plays an alpha dog style game and the more confidence he builds as he gains experience, the more we'll see his abilities shine through. He has very good size (look at pics from the BioSteel camp just held, he's probably gained nearly 10 pounds this offseason) and outstanding skating. Throw in a mean streak along with being a high character guy, he's someone you want on your team. He makes life miserable for other teams.

He doesn't need to be a #1 or even top pairing guy to play a crucial role on the Oilers. Nurse is the kind of guy teams win with (see: 2015 WJC, best shutdown Dman and MVP of the Gold medal game. Wasn't on the ice for a single even strength goal against). He will be a leader on our team as he gets older. He has the type of game as a Dman that gets better with age as he develops into a man.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Does anyone else read Trouba as tuba? I always do and then I imagine him tripping over the blue line and a trombone going "wah-wah"

Just me?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I'm sure the Jets would love to have Puljujärvi but this leaves them with a ridiculously strong forward core and a very very weak left side defense. Doesn't make sense unless they have another good solution for LD lined up (they don't).

Fowler and Despres for Ehlers if this happened?

Connor Schiefele Wheeler
Laine Little Puljujarvi

Then get Aho from Carolina and reunite all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad