Proposal: Puljujärvi for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Lol pure speculation. Chevy keeps his deals under wraps. I believe a deal will be done.

Does he? Or is this what Jets fans are telling themselves. What incentive does TSN or Walters have to make things up. Treliving is even more tight lipped than Cheveldayoff- yet TSN was reporting a deal was close with Monahan for a week before, then boom a reasonable deal happens. Why werent they reporting they were so far off?

Isnt it weird that every source is saying they are far apart. Far apart on term, money AND usage

There is major smoke here. There was similar smoke in Montreal a couple months back in season when TSN people were saying they thought Subban was as good as gone but ofcourse Bergevin keeps everything so tight lipped and these guys were just gong for clicks.

This is not to say defintely something is up. Just doenst pass sniff test that every insider and source is rining alarm bells

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Today I found out that Jakob Kindl is a top10 NHL Defender. Wonder why he hasn't won a Norris yet.
Maybe consider the quality of competition and defensive zone starts. Or just watch the player.

:laugh::laugh:

Here is a list of best D in NHL

Derek Forbort
Karl Stollery
David Runblad
Danny Beiga
JOsh Manson
Brett Kulak
Jeff Schultz
Lubomir Visnovsky

I am woke. I have seen the light

My god this is why advanced stats get such a bad rap. Just brutal example

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I mean completing the rebuild. Pulji would do wonders. Jets imo are like 3 years away from competing.

[mod] They had a setback last season when their #1C went down with a neck injury for nearly 1/2 of the season. In the meantime, a 23 y/o beast has since emerged in that spot and was dominant in the process. The Jets are running a strong 1/2 pair down the middle now (Perreault aint' bad at 3C either) and they are adding scoring power on the left side that has been lacking to date. Both their pp and pk are likely to be improved this season, and the goaltending as well if they run with Hellebuyck.

Prepare to be surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd do it. I'd even add some depth stuff that won't convince any Jets fans that its a better deal (picks, etc.)

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Trouba
Davidson-Fayne
Oesterle

Let's us marinate Nurse and Reinhart in the AHL until injuries hit (and they always do).

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
[mod] They had a setback last season when their #1C went down with a neck injury for nearly 1/2 of the season. In the meantime, a 23 y/o beast has taken over that spot and was dominant in the process. The Jets are running a strong 1/2 pair down the middle and are adding scoring power on the left side that has been lacking to date. Prepare to be surprised.

Well, locially, if your 2C stepped up and filled the role of your #1C (and he did, I loved Scheifle's game last year), then that shouldn't have been the problem, right?

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Does he? Or is this what Jets fans are telling themselves. What incentive does TSN or Walters have to make things up. Treliving is even more tight lipped than Cheveldayoff- yet TSN was reporting a deal was close with Monahan for a week before, then boom a reasonable deal happens. Why werent they reporting they were so far off?

Isnt it weird that every source is saying they are far apart. Far apart on term, money AND usage

There is major smoke here. There was similar smoke in Montreal a couple months back in season when TSN people were saying they thought Subban was as good as gone but ofcourse Bergevin keeps everything so tight lipped and these guys were just gong for clicks.

This is not to say defintely something is up. Just doenst pass sniff test that every insider and source is rining alarm bells

Time will tell. I'm not concerned.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Well, locially, if your 2C stepped up and filled the role of your #1C (and he did, I loved Scheifle's game last year), then that shouldn't have been the problem, right?

Well, Scheifele couldn't play both 1 & 2 C at the same time; that should probably have been self-evident, FYI. Now that Little is back from injury they are set.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
[mod] They had a setback last season when their #1C went down with a neck injury for nearly 1/2 of the season. In the meantime, a 23 y/o beast has taken over that spot and was dominant in the process. The Jets are running a strong 1/2 pair down the middle and are adding scoring power on the left side that has been lacking to date. Prepare to be surprised.

yeah yeah ive heard this a million times. Truth be told, there are easily 8 teams better than the jets in the west. Dallas, STL, Chicago, Anaheim, San Jose, Nashville, LAK, Edmonton and prob the Flames. The jets are on par, imo, with the Avs, Arizona and Minnesota. Thier D and G is really poor while the O has a bunch of young rookies who u cant expect to carry them. Didnt the jets finish in the 4th last in the west in terms of Goals?? You can very well say look at scheifelle, Ehlers, Laine, Connor and so on, but u can say the same thing for a bunch of other teams in the West. Monahan, Gaudrea, Bennet. McDavid, Eberle, Pulji, Drasitl. Domi, Strome, OEL, Duclair. And so on.

With that being said they are still a very good and promising team but no way do they compete in the West next year barring a Kings, Sharks collapse as we saw 2 yrs ago. They are just better than ur jets.

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
Today I found out that Jakob Kindl is a top10 NHL Defender. Wonder why he hasn't won a Norris yet.
Maybe consider the quality of competition and defensive zone starts. Or just watch the player.

his nickname is "troubabooster" so i mean....not that hard to see his bias

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah if Trouba is going to Edmonton, I seriously doubt that Cheveldayoff would be asking for Sekera in return. Have to think either Klefbom or Nurse would be the return for the Oilers.

You did notice Puljujarvi in that proposal right? Sekera is secondary to that offer. There is no way Trouba is worth Puljujarvi and Klefbom or Nurse. To be truthful I wouldn't offer a lot more than either Nurse or Klefbom for Trouba.

People from other fan bases need to get over teh fact that the oilers overpayed to get Larsson and realize that oiler assets are worth something.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Lmao. Trouba plays 4th toughest minutes on Winny and ranks 3rd for corsirel. Also has 50% zone starts. Larsson played 2nd toughest mins on NJ (but 1st pairing with partner being #1) and 30% zone starts and played amongst the toughest comp in the entire

I mean you were smart enough to find a advanced stats website and sort of understand them, surely youd understand the effects of quality of comp? right? This is like understanding how to say a word but not understanding how to speak a sentence. You are half way there to understanding things

I mean, if you actually did this you would A. Realize the effects of QOC and Zone Starts on corsirel are negligible and B. Realize that Schneider dominates against top competition, not Larsson :laugh:

Schneider should have won the vezina. Somehow Larsson is getting credit for Schneider's god-like season.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
You don't think Ehlers, Connor, Laine, Perreault and Wheeler are good enough top 6 wingers moving forward? Not to mention Petan, Armia, Dano, Lemieux, De Leo etc. are fighting for bottom 6. I think forward wise we're pretty good on this build.

Sure Ehlers, Laine, Connor look great. But then again, both Connor and Laine never played in the NHL. To expect them to carry one of the worst Offense of the West is delusional. They may as well be able, i mean laine looks like a beast, but they are still rookies. And u have to consider others team top 6. There are alot of teams with better top 6.

You then come up with a bunch of prospects. Petan is not a bottom six player. He looks like a top 6 winger or bust. Armia, its been what 5 years(!!!) since his draft and has proven nothing. He cant even produce in the A, seems like a bust to me. Dano, hes young and small. He cant play the role of bottom six player. Bottom 6 needs to be filled with checkers with scoring touch who can shut down team's top lines and play on the PK. I just dont see the jets having any of that, unless im mistaken.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
The Jets should be a playoff team this year but that potential falls apart if Trouba is moved for anything that isn't another Top 4 D.

The Jets will sign him for a slight over payment IMO.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Sure Ehlers, Laine, Connor look great. But then again, both Connor and Laine never played in the NHL. To expect them to carry one of the worst Offense of the West is delusional. They may as well be able, i mean laine looks like a beast, but they are still rookies. And u have to consider others team top 6. There are alot of teams with better top 6.

You then come up with a bunch of prospects. Petan is not a bottom six player. He looks like a top 6 winger or bust. Armia, its been what 5 years(!!!) since his draft and has proven nothing. He cant even produce in the A, seems like a bust to me. Dano, hes young and small. He cant play the role of bottom six player. Bottom 6 needs to be filled with checkers with scoring touch who can shut down team's top lines and play on the PK. I just dont see the jets having any of that, unless im mistaken.
So get another unproven winger (pulijarvi) and that will do it

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
add Nurse and WPG could consider (with a + to Trouba)

No way. Although, thinking about Nurse and Buff together would be a sight to see. Talk about a menacing pairing, they would be without question the most intimidating pairing in the NHL. Damn.

Pulju and Nurse are two major pieces with long term futures in EDM. Both are expansion exempt as well and still on ELCs, pretty easy pass.

Oil fans don't need to diminish Trouba. He's a good young Dman, we just can't afford him with the type of money he's demanding knowing Drai and McDavid are due for raises in the coming years. He'd also be another player we would have to protect during the expansion draft.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
No way. Although, thinking about Nurse and Buff together would be a sight to see. Talk about a menacing pairing, they would be without question the most intimidating pairing in the NHL. Damn.

Pulju and Nurse are two major pieces with long term futures in EDM. Both are expansion exempt as well and still on ELCs, pretty easy pass.

Oil fans don't need to diminish Trouba. He's a good young Dman, we just can't afford him with the type of money he's demanding knowing Drai and McDavid are due for raises in the coming years. He'd also be another player we would have to protect during the expansion draft.

Nurse seems too over rated by oilers fans. He doesnt look like a top 10 pick.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I said rebuild. How is pulji not part of a rebuild^^

You know, we'd rather contend sooner than later. Buff and Wheeler aren't exactly getting younger, and we can still do some damage during their primes.

Trouba is not expendable, and won't be traded for another rookie forward. End of story. I don't care how valuable they are. I care about what we need.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nurse seems too over rated by oilers fans. He doesnt look like a top 10 pick.

Not really, he was just thrown to the wolves in his first year. He played over 20 mins/game, no rookie his age or younger played more minutes per game than him last year.

No one is calling him a future #1 or top pairing. He'll be a beast on the 2nd pairing and 1st pairing PK, he's not fun to play against. Develop your own top 4 they've been telling us, that's what we are doing. Nurse will be an Oiler for a very long time. He just needs time.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
You know, we'd rather contend sooner than later. Buff and Wheeler aren't exactly getting younger, and we can still do some damage during their primes.

Trouba is not expendable, and won't be traded for another rookie forward. End of story. I don't care how valuable they are. I care about what we need.

Fair enough. But often teams fall into the trap of needing to contend cuz of some veterans still in their prime. Im not saying the jets are but maybe the safer path would be the smarter one. Sell big pieces like buff and wheeler and contend for the stanley cup in 2 years or so instead of just hoping to make the playoffs.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Fair enough. But often teams fall into the trap of needing to contend cuz of some veterans still in their prime. Im not saying the jets are but maybe the safer path would be the smarter one. Sell big pieces like buff and wheeler and contend for the stanley cup in 2 years or so instead of just hoping to make the playoffs.
If we're contending in 2 years it's because we still have them IMO

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Not really, he was just thrown to the wolves in his first year. He played over 20 mins/game, no rookie his age or younger played more minutes per game than him last year.

No one is calling him a future #1 or top pairing. He'll be a beast on the 2nd pairing and 1st pairing PK, he's not fun to play against. Develop your own top 4 they've been telling us, that's what we are doing. Nurse will be an Oiler for a very long time. He just needs time.

I dont think he will be for a very long time. Its just a matter of the next great oilers collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad