Proposal: Puljujärvi for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I would absolutely trade Trouba fof Pulju, if I had a deal in place for A or multiple forwards going out for another defenseman.

Pulju is great, but why are we going to be the Oilers of 3+ years ago?

WPG wouldn't be. Your forward group is significantly stronger and more importantly, even without Trouba, your blueline is better.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Trouba's contract demand has been leaked for a while and still no signing. Seems as if the two sides are pretty far apart

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...jacob-trouba-free-agents-asking-term-million/

Especially since Jets management seemed to prefer to invest big dollars in a vet like Buff, they may not want to lock so much cap into another player when they'll need more cap space sooner rather than later for their other RFAs.

When there's smoke there's usually fire after all

And you couldn´t even try to dig up this one...

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/12/14/jacob-troubas-agent-denies-report-about-7m-asking-price/

So, back to square one...

SabresSociety

Jan 3, 2014
4 team 3 Way:
(Rangers) McD + for Trouba + (Jets)

(Rangers) Trouba for Reinhart (Sabres)

(Sabres) Ristolainen for Draisatil + (Oilers)

------------------
NYR then flips
Stepan + three 3rds to Canes for Pesce, Murphy, and three 2nds

----------
additional deals to move Staal's NMC

consolidate vets into youth, picks

--------
Jets get needed LD, older, but sweetheart deal 3 years w/chance to extend

Sabes get replacement 1RD, supposedly he is tight with Eichel?

Risto = Draisatil, great for C, but could also power W

Canes get a top 20 C.

No way in hell do we trade Reinhart and Risto for Draisaitl + Trouba

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
4 team 3 Way:

------------------
NYR then flips

----------

--------

Canes get a top 20 C.

Sabres wont be trading Ristolainen for a center. They are set at center with Eichel and ROR. They need to improve their blueline not weaken it.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
4 team 3 Way:

------------------
NYR then flips

----------

--------

Canes get a top 20 C.

my lord this is ridiculously far-fetched and overly-complicated...and just bad...

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
So dont bother reading or posting! Thank you

Signed

Every hockey fan

You didn't make it a public service announcement doesn't count. Lol I agree though if you don't want to read about these trades then don't click on them don't read them pretty easy. I mean this is the trade proposal/rumor section. The thread is also clearly titled Puljujärvi for Trouba you don't even have to click on it to know what it is about.

As an Oilers fan I don't do this trade I want to see what Puljujärvi can do first and the longer he goes without signing back with Winnipeg the less I believe he can be had for. The Oilers also don't exactly have alot of depth at the rw position. If Trouba did somehow get traded to the Oilers kind of contract will it take to get him signed is also another thing to consider.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm going to eat my own words. Go against the grain of some of my other Jets fan posters and say yes. I would trade Trouba for Pulj. I would then try to bundle a couple forwards and a pick for a L defenseman. I was always high on Pulj and Laine, to have both on the team gets me giddy with excitement.

Stafford, Burmi,Lowry, Armia,Dano,Petan, could all be trade bait for a team that had a glut of defensemen but missing some young mid forwards.
Two of the players mentioned above and a second round pick for a possible 2nd pairing L defenseman ?

I am in the minority for jumping on this trade, but I think we have enough prospects and rookies to make another trade for a defenseman with a willing partner somewhere out there ?

There seems to be a severe shortage of willing partners to trade good D or even good D prospects for wingers. Look what Edmonton had to pay for Larsson. Trouba is better than Larsson (will get a bigger contract to go with that). So the value is = Hall +. Once we have traded Trouba for yet another forward we are going too have to pay Connor + to get the LHD we need. Not suggesting that just saying what the price will be.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Expecting Jets fans to demand McDavid for Trouba...that's been the way these threads tend to go. Pretty sure Trouba invented the position and he's the best defenseman of all time.

I like Trouba a lot, though the jury is out on where he lands on the Doughty----------------Bogosian spectrum.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
There seems to be a severe shortage of willing partners to trade good D or even good D prospects for wingers. Look what Edmonton had to pay for Larsson. Trouba is better than Larsson (will get a bigger contract to go with that). So the value is = Hall +. Once we have traded Trouba for yet another forward we are going too have to pay Connor + to get the LHD we need. Not suggesting that just saying what the price will be.

Hall+ for Trouba :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Expecting Jets fans to demand McDavid for Trouba...that's been the way these threads tend to go. Pretty sure Trouba invented the position and he's the best defenseman of all time.

Come on now, you know better then that. Jets fans points are don't throw us your scraps and expect us to get a woody over it.

You know actually take our needs into consideration for a change? 90% of offers rarely do.

Value aside (b/c that's where people get their hair up), Jets don't need wingers but everyone wants to offer wingers or guys with 1-2 years left before Ufa. What do you expect us to say?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
No from Edmonton. Pulju doesn't need to be protected and honestly I think we need him just as much as we could use Trouba.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I'll humor the notion that Trouba is available and play along. Going to add some more peices here for the fun of it.

Puljujärvi
Nurse

For

Trouba
Burmistrov
Kostalek
3/4th 2017

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The Oilers give up the better asset long term, but adding a solid #4 guy would be tempting for a team desperate to prove they aren't a joke anymore.

Jets easily say yes, especially since they don't seem to have much interest in paying Trouba

Have you read any of the posts in this (or the many other Trouba threads)?

first post:
Jets say no.
next post:
Jets say no.

1)No, the Oilers do not give up the better asset. Trouba is demonstrably a top pair D (#2) now, at 22 YO. That is despite having been carrying Mark Stuart on his back for 3 years. He still clearly has #1 D upside. Puljujarvi is a highly regarded PROSPECT who has yet to play a game in the NHL. He is unproven. He is a winger. Always worth less than an equivalent C or D. If this proposal had any legs Oil would have to add. They just paid more for a lesser D.

2)Jets need a replacement D, a lefty to replace Trouba. Jets do not need wingers, even very good ones, at least not until after they have traded 2-3 for LHD. If the Jets could be enticed by a F from Edmonton it would be Drai, a C.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We can't afford Trouba and his contract demands (McDavid and Drai will need to be paid soon). Plus we would have to protect him in the expansion draft. Furthermore, Pulju fills a need as a right shot RWer. I expect Pulju to have a very bright future in EDM on McDavids RW down the road.

This deal also doesn't address WPGs needs at all. They would need a centre coming back, they have an excellent pipeline of young wingers coming up. They would want Drai and there's no way in hell we would trade Drai for Trouba.

Both sides easily pass. Trouba is a solid young Dman and will be with the Jets for a long time, our situation just doesn't make it ideal with his contract demands + expansion draft + Drai and McDavid coming off ELCs soon makes it unpractical for us.

Edit: see post directly above. Jets would want Drai as I predicted.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I'm going to eat my own words. Go against the grain of some of my other Jets fan posters and say yes. I would trade Trouba for Pulj. I would then try to bundle a couple forwards and a pick for a L defenseman. I was always high on Pulj and Laine, to have both on the team gets me giddy with excitement.

Stafford, Burmi,Lowry, Armia,Dano,Petan, could all be trade bait for a team that had a glut of defensemen but missing some young mid forwards.
Two of the players mentioned above and a second round pick for a possible 2nd pairing L defenseman ?

I am in the minority for jumping on this trade, but I think we have enough prospects and rookies to make another trade for a defenseman with a willing partner somewhere out there ?

We already have enough quality forwards to make a 2-1 trade of any of the above named prospects for a quality LHD. We don't need to kill our D by trading Trouba to accomplish that. Pulji with Laine would be something else, but we'd end up with one of the worst D lineups in the league.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
value wise, jets are far off. But I can understand why the jet fans dont wanna make a trade. He's just a prospect and the jets wanna compete as soon as possible. But I would argue a complete rebuild is a worthy one.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
value wise, jets are far off. But I can understand why the jet fans dont wanna make a trade. He's just a prospect and the jets wanna compete as soon as possible. But I would argue a complete rebuild is a worthy one.

The Jets aren't rebuilding, FYI.

Even if they were, rebuilding teams don't dump 22 y/o key parts of their D core, just so ya' know.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Dear Entire HF Community:

This is Public Service Announcement

Although the entire Jets fan base has enjoyed and laughed at the 2000+ trade proposals for Trouba during the off-season we are in fact growing tired. Unfortunately like all good things these proposal threads need to come to an end. As such we would like to officially, state the following non-requirements of the organization should in the future any HF's decide to send out a mindless trade proposal for Trouba;

WE DO NOT NEED or WANT any of the following;

1. prospects
2. forwards unless they are Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin etc etc. you get the drift
3. Spare parts in any quantity (Quality over quantity)
4. Any trades involving Toronto (or proposals henceforth)

Feel free to flame away and argue that Trouba won't sign is over valued etc etc (I've read it all and then some over and over). Unless you have a credible source and link any talk that he won't sign here is ENTIRELY based on speculation considering no comments have come from either negotiating side. The Answer to any proposal not involving a D man of value is fruitless and quite frankly the joke is over now.

Signed

EVERY JETS FAN

Or you could just not read the threads involving your team if this is such a pain for you.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Wild idea posted.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

That's very debatable and you said it right there, Trouba will get a big contract so that right there makes his value lower than Larsson's since Larsson is signed to a steal of a long term contract so stating that the price for Trouba's RFA rights is to the level of Hall+ is laughable.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

lol Jets aren't in a complete rebuild. They are one year removed from the playoffs and have many good core veteran pieces in place. I think they just play in a tough division, they might have finished last in the Central, however they only finished 9 points out of a playoff spot.

Definitely not in a complete rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad