GDT: Preseason Game 03 - Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets - Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Not sure what your question is? Teams don’t to a rotational tryout style of distributing games because of contract and player movement rules under the CBA that would lead to risking multiple players regularly to waivers.

Dude... Sweet... Dude... Sweet.

i dont think you understood what i was saying..

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Dude... Sweet... Dude... Sweet.

i dont think you understood what i was saying..
Then why don’t you just say what you’re saying. We come here to discuss hockey and specifically the Jets. You made a suggestion that is impossible under the CBA and I merely pointed it out. Not sure where you are going with this?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Harkins was good but the team doesn't seem interested at all in him. Feels like he's auditioning for a waiver claim more than anything.

3 players were above 80% in xGF% and none surprised me to see. Perfetti, Heinola, and Ford. I wasn't a big fan of Ford based on his stint with the Moose but he's showing really well this preseason.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Didn't watch this one but glad to hear Heinola did well again. I know some people have gotten down on him over time, but I believe he'll become an effective NHL defenseman as long as we give him the chance.

Reactions: thereturn

B33R LEAGUE

May 19, 2021
Then why don’t you just say what you’re saying. We come here to discuss hockey and specifically the Jets. You made a suggestion that is impossible under the CBA and I merely pointed it out. Not sure where you are going with this?

What did i suggest that is impossible? Having more callups than last season?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
What did i suggest that is impossible? Having more callups than last season?
Unless there is an injury every callup requires a player to be sent down. Unless they are on a ELC they are subject to waivers. Calling up players for rotational tryouts comes at the risk of losing a big chunk of your depth.

B33R LEAGUE

May 19, 2021
Unless there is an injury every callup requires a player to be sent down. Unless they are on a ELC they are subject to waivers. Calling up players for rotational tryouts comes at the risk of losing a big chunk of your depth.

My dude.. Get real..

I said we can use more callups than last year...

Is this really an impossibility in your mind?

Last edited:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I was sitting above the bench and Cole was out there chatting for minutes prior to going into the room after the hit. My guess is they pulled him as a precaution.
I hope Cole is OK, but I do see him as being very fragile, and easily injured. That goes for Ehlers as well now, and you have to wonder if these 2 smaller type guys can stay healthy for a whole season. You have to wonder how much these 2 guys can help the team if they can only play 1/2 a season at best. I hope they both prove me wrong tho, and play the whole 82 game season. Ehlers is not the player he used to be, regarding durability.

B33R LEAGUE

May 19, 2021
I just went back and reread your original post and it was a ridiculous proposal. Sorry to call you on that.

lol.. What was impossible about it? What was ridiculous about it?

Dude...Sweet...Dude

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
lol.. What was impossible about it? What was ridiculous about it?

Dude...Sweet...Dude
Enough with the sweet dude shit. It doesn’t help your argument and you come off as a bit of an arrogant SOB especially when there are so many flaws in your original post. If you’d like I can point them out 1 by one for you but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

B33R LEAGUE

May 19, 2021
Enough with the sweet dude shit. It doesn’t help your argument and you come off as a bit of an arrogant SOB especially when there are so many flaws in your original post. If you’d like I can point them out 1 by one for you but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

You misunderstood and overreacted. its fine...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's been enough time for me on waiting to see if Stanley could be a NHL starter, he isn't. Swing and a miss on that one Chevy.:laugh:

Last edited:

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
- Pretty lame cheap shot by what’s his face on Perfetti. Hope the magic man is okay.
A little less violent but reminded me of the Steckl cheapshot on Crosby in the 2011 Winter Classic. Hopefully Perfetti doesn't seem all right here for a few days/weeks then misses extensive time like Crosby did with a concussion after the cheapshot he took from Steckl
Bauer is one tough SOB.
Yes he is. Shame he didn't happen to be on the ice when Perfetti got cheapshotted. Though Tree attempted to I'm quite show Bauer would've given (to quote snowkiddin) what's his Flames face the beating he deserved for that cheap shot.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Preseason means f*** all, but holy sh** im loving our preseason so far.

I cant recall another Jets 2.0 era in which the Jets were this deep. There are a dozen guys imo that can slot in anywhere on the 3rd or 4th line.

Like where the hell did this Parker Ford kid come from? And why havent i heard of him before?

I really hope Bonus Capitalizes on the depth this team has to offer by continuing tryouts into the first half of this season.

Let the rookies play and stop worrying about burning an ELC. Also, keep your two-way AHL players on speed dial, should a guy on the Jets decide to take a couple nights off.

I also think these L.A. players are loving how loud the Canadian Life Centre can get. You can tell it gives them an extra gear to their stride. That Kupari breakaway in OT gave me goosebumps. Cant Imagine how Kupari felt.

This season could really surprise a lot of fans that are looking to rid themselves of their season tickets.. It really depends on roster management and giving the blue collar lines minutes imo.

Go Jets Go!
To follow up from our conversation from last night. Under the current CBA rules rolling guys in and out on tryouts would most likely lead to the team losing a good junk of the player depth you are excited by. Right before the season the Jets and all other teams will have to reduce down to a 23 man roster which is the maximum allowed. Currently the Jets have the following players in hunts for roster positions:

Forwards:
Scheifele
Connor
Ehlers
Valardi
Names
Nino
Lowry
Perfetti (ELC)
Iaffalo
Baron
Appleton
Kupari
Gus
AJF
Harkins

Defenseman:
Morrissey
Dillon
Samberg
Pionk
Schmidt
DeMelo
Stanley
Capo
Chisholm
Heinola (ELC)

Goalies:
Helly
LB

That is 27 players, so 4 will be sent to the minors. The only 2 not subject to waivers are Perfetti and Heinola. No way Perfetti gets sent down so at least 3 players requiring waivers will have clear or be picked up by another team and lost for nothing. End of camp "cuts" are usually the safest as all teams are sending down players, but they are not without risk as we saw last year with Kovy.

After that bringing in players on your proposed tryouts would require waiving a player that then could be lost for nothing. Mid season waivers are far more risky as teams pay close attention to the waiver wire for player replacements of their own or to fill in for injuries. So a good chance each proposed tryout could to lead to the loss of 1 of our depth players. No team would ever follow such a strategy as it would potentially lead to a loss of their depth.

In terms of burning ELCs, no team does that as ELC contracts are very team friendly in terms of player movement rand cost control, especially under a cap situation.

Also you were the one who over reacted when an obvious flaw to a proposal was pointed out, even to the point of name calling.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
To follow up from our conversation from last night. Under the current CBA rules rolling guys in and out on tryouts would most likely lead to the team losing a good junk of the player depth you are excited by. Right before the season the Jets and all other teams will have to reduce down to a 23 man roster which is the maximum allowed. Currently the Jets have the following players in hunts for roster positions:

Forwards:
Scheifele
Connor
Ehlers
Valardi
Names
Nino
Lowry
Perfetti (ELC)
Iaffalo
Baron
Appleton
Kupari
Gus
AJF
Harkins

Defenseman:
Morrissey
Dillon
Samberg
Pionk
Schmidt
DeMelo
Stanley
Capo
Chisholm
Heinola (ELC)

Goalies:
Helly
LB

That is 27 players, so 4 will be sent to the minors. The only 2 not subject to waivers are Perfetti and Heinola. No way Perfetti gets sent down so at least 3 players requiring waivers will have clear or be picked up by another team and lost for nothing. End of camp "cuts" are usually the safest as all teams are sending down players, but they are not without risk as we saw last year with Kovy.

After that bringing in players on your proposed tryouts would require waiving a player that then could be lost for nothing. Mid season waivers are far more risky as teams pay close attention to the waiver wire for player replacements of their own or to fill in for injuries. So a good chance each proposed tryout could to lead to the loss of 1 of our depth players. No team would ever follow such a strategy as it would potentially lead to a loss of their depth.

In terms of burning ELCs, no team does that as ELC contracts are very team friendly in terms of player movement rand cost control, especially under a cap situation.

Also you were the one who over reacted when an obvious flaw to a proposal was pointed out, even to the point of name calling.
Good post. I know what will cheer you up this morning @KingBogo :laugh:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tenor.gif

A Husqvarna Rancher... including chain oil and 2 stroke oil thrown in...

That's a fair trade...
Husquavarna - the toothbrush of champions.

Reactions: John Agar

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
In other news, good game again for Future Tanev Litem the feisty Park 'er, Ford. Played quick, aggressive and error-free hockey. Coach's dream.

Heinola showing well but is inevitably sent Moose-wards, so Stan and Capo maybe fighting it out I guess. Chisholm looked more nervous than usual but still a smarter and more solid game than I Am Groot. If I'm the Jets it's easily Capo as the 7 and Chisholm 8, but I ain't.

Harkins auditioning for his next team, everyone else started to play in the 3rd, following hallowed Jets tradition.

So outside of a few bright spots, a mostly dull game, except for the obligatory Flames cheap shot on a star. Roll on opening night.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
In other news, good game again for Future Tanev Litem the feisty Park 'er, Ford. Played quick, aggressive and error-free hockey. Coach's dream.

Heinola showing well but is inevitably sent Moose-wards, so Stan and Capo maybe fighting it out I guess. Chisholm looked more nervous than usual but still a smarter and more solid game than I Am Groot. If I'm the Jets it's easily Capo as the 7 and Chisholm 8, but I ain't.

Harkins auditioning for his next team, everyone else started to play in the 3rd, following hallowed Jets tradition.

So outside of a few bright spots, a mostly dull game, except for the obligatory Flames cheap shot on a star. Roll on opening night.

Harkins likes preseason. His game thrives in the chaos. Once structure gets put I place his effectiveness wanes. I'd still have him here but this isn't the first time he's looked good this time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad