GDT: Preseason Game 03 - Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets - Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I was sitting above the bench and Cole was out there chatting for minutes prior to going into the room after the hit. My guess is they pulled him as a precaution.
He definitely looked a little shakey after the hit. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's concussed. Hopefully not, though.

Reactions: Atoyot

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Preseason means f*** all, but holy sh** im loving our preseason so far.

I cant recall another Jets 2.0 era in which the Jets were this deep. There are a dozen guys imo that can slot in anywhere on the 3rd or 4th line.

Like where the hell did this Parker Ford kid come from? And why havent i heard of him before?

I really hope Bonus Capitalizes on the depth this team has to offer by continuing tryouts into the first half of this season.

Let the rookies play and stop worrying about burning an ELC. Also, keep your two-way AHL players on speed dial, should a guy on the Jets decide to take a couple nights off.

I also think these L.A. players are loving how loud the Canadian Life Centre can get. You can tell it gives them an extra gear to their stride. That Kupari breakaway in OT gave me goosebumps. Cant Imagine how Kupari felt.

This season could really surprise a lot of fans that are looking to rid themselves of their season tickets.. It really depends on roster management and giving the blue collar lines minutes imo.

Go Jets Go!
You can’t really do those types of things. You can only carry a 23 man roster and everyone not on an ELC would require waivers to be sent down. Where you going to park your vets as you give all these kids their 10 game tryouts?

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He definitely looked a little shakey after the hit. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's concussed. Hopefully not, though.

Seems like he passed his test as per Murat. Seems the org is going to be cautious and test again tomorrow just to be sure.

Wouldn't be surprised if he had a minor one either but he also could have just been a bit stunned to by it.

In next game then gone for a month with concussion like symptoms... 😬

Lol, I doubt he was even going to play on Friday given how they are rotating the top 6's.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Seems like he passed his test as per Murat. Seems the org is going to be cautious and test again tomorrow just to be sure.

Wouldn't be surprised if he had a minor one either but he also could have just been a bit stunned to by it.

Lol, I doubt he was even going to play on Friday given how they are rotating the top 6's.
Wouldn't be the first time someone cleared and then was out afterwards. Obviously hoping for the best.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
You can’t really do those types of things. You can only carry a 23 man roster and everyone not on an ELC would require waivers to be sent down. Where you going to park your vets as you give all these kids their 10 game tryouts?
I realize this, but theres no doubt that there could be more rotation between the farm and the jets than there has been in the past few years.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Wouldn't be the first time someone cleared and then was out afterwards. Obviously hoping for the best.

Very true. Which is why they are going to test him tomorrow and will in all likelihood hold him off the ice as a precaution. If he's good tomorrow he'll likely be back at practice Friday.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

That is good news. I couldn’t really watch the game to closely. I was at my mother in laws 92 birthday dinner. The game was on in the background but not conducive to watching the details of the game.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I realize this, but theres no doubt that there could be more rotation between the farm and the jets than there has been in the past few years.
Every rotation potentially means losing a player to waivers. Some around here are still complaining about losing Mikey last season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As for Cole's actual play. He was playing excellent off the puck hockey. Very good in his end and was making great plays with the puck in his end. He also was very good on the draw. He was really picking his play up with the puck in the second and was starting to dictate shofts and generate chances. Just needs to keep building.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I know it's preseason but everything that Heinola previously did that made me think "yeah, that's not good, but everything else he brings can compensate for those warts" he hasn't been doing. He's been physical and out muscling players much bigger than him and his skating doesn't look like a weakness anymore at all (4 way mobility still needs some work). He might force his way onto the team.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
He had that first wobble 100%, and it looks bad when you're actively looking for concussion but also maybe he just slipped or had a misstep or was momentarily dazed? Like it's not Sami Kapanen or Jonathan Toews stumbling continuously to the bench. Perfetti seemed good after that one stumble, chatted with his bench, went over to chat and laugh with Mangiapane, then left to get checked out. Even if he passed the tests, I wouldn't put him back in. Concussions can take time to show symptoms, even if I'm not seeing it I'm not risking making it worse for a preseason game.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
He had that first wobble 100%, and it looks bad when you're actively looking for concussion but also maybe he just slipped or had a misstep or was momentarily dazed? Like it's not Sami Kapanen or Jonathan Toews stumbling continuously to the bench. Perfetti seemed good after that one stumble, chatted with his bench, went over to chat and laugh with Mangiapane, then left to get checked out. Even if he passed the tests, I wouldn't put him back in. Concussions can take time to show symptoms, even if I'm not seeing it I'm not risking making it worse for a preseason game.
Would you like to participate in my Jets forwards power ranking activity?

Yesterday, me, surixon, and Wolfhouse, had fun listing our top 10 Jets forwards.

After receiving feedback, and thinking about it for a while today, I’ve decided I was too hard on Lowry and have elected to move him up:

1. Scheifele, Mark
2. Connor, Kyle
3. Ehlers, Nikolaj
4. Vilardi, Gabriel
5. Perfetti, Cole
6. Niederreiter, Nino
7. Iafallo, Alexander
8. Lowry, Adam
9. Namestnikov, Vladislav
10. Barron, Morgan

Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Fragile Perfetan broken again!

Park your Ford had a nice test drive!

Tiny Heiny looked okay against some NHL'rs and AHL'rs!

Harkins dressed!
Never change Sip! A HF Original!
IMG_4857.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad