GDT: Preseason Game 03 - Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets - Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Fair post. Thanks for taking the time. I apologize if i came off as a Dick. Not my intention as the vast majority of the time i genuinely appreciate your criticism knowing that you are more informed than i am.

Having said that, it sounds like with the number of players seemingly about to start the season on "IR" (albeit day-to-day), that perhaps we'll get to see an "extended tryout" afterall.

I still feel this team should (and will) see more rotation this year compared to previous years. Especially with PoMo gone and the depth this team has to offer. I dont believe this to be an impossibility as you had initially suggested. The CBA certainly restricts rotation, but There's always a way to circumvent CBAs and rules and were seeing it now.

Agree to disagree on this one KingBogo, but i will always respect your opinion and appreciate your feedback.

Here's a clip of Bonus (4 hours ago) talking about potentially injecting more prospects into the line up due to "IR".

I appreciate this post. Thank you. And I do agree with you in terms of using promising young players on ELCs as callups as injury replacement players. This is where they provide a team a competitive advantage as they can be brought up and sent down without waivers. Though I wouldn't call it a tryout, every once in awhile a player blows the doors off with their performance after a callup and sticks permanently (Hello KC), but the majority of time it is for a time limited period and they are sent back down. This at least gives opportunity and experience. What I personally don't like to see happen is a player on an ELC is called up and then stuck in the PB. While it is good for the player's paycheck, too much of it can hamper development.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Agreed. He's probably been asked by the coach to focus on his defensive play first, faceoffs second and offense third. My guess is it really comes together once he's fully comfortable with his defensive reads.

Not really worried about his offense, even whe focusing on defense he's generated some real good looks.

Also my guess is the org is taking more of a Jonathan Toews type template for him then a Scheifele type one. They probably want him to be a true two-way C, not a one dimensional scoring C. He's shown some good signs already and we are only teo games in. It's not about the now bit the end product for the org.
Should I try making an apple pie milkshake or a cinnamon bun milkshake next?

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Apple and cinnamon go together, so I would add both. And some bacon. :nod:

I approve of this message...

And only unhappy people don't like bacon...

tenor.gif

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That was part of my point I was making. If you put yourself in a position to lose players to waivers along the way you will lose players you don’t want to lose.
And in the end losing guys like Eyssimont and Kovacevic mean jack shit. Just people whining about fringe tweeners

Reactions: sipowicz

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Sure - but in this case, they chose the wrong player to expose. They kept both AJF and Kuhlman. IIRC we already had Kuhlman at the time and he is the one who should have been waived.

Not a big deal, just an instance of poor player evaluation. If we had kept Mikey we would probably be waiving him in a couple of weeks anyway.
Poor player evaluation? Says you.

The team made a call and imo it was not wrong. We're agreeing here in a sense. All of Kuhlman, Fjallby and Eyssimont are AHL plug ins with slightly different skillsets.

The org made a call based on what the coach wanted and at that level of player you appease the coach 10/10 times

Reactions: sipowicz

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Outside of the lovefest for Heinola I still think people are sleeping on Capobianco.

Don't disagree. Unfortunately he just adds to the logjam at LD. He ought to be playing somewhere if not here.

Also adds to Stanley must go, one way or another. He is too much in the way right now.

Reactions: Jet and FonRiesen

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Poor player evaluation? Says you.

The team made a call and imo it was not wrong. We're agreeing here in a sense. All of Kuhlman, Fjallby and Eyssimont are AHL plug ins with slightly different skillsets.

The org made a call based on what the coach wanted and at that level of player you appease the coach 10/10 times

Then it was poor player evaluation by the coach. Mikey is clearly better than Kuhlman and a little less clearly better than AJF. Still at a low level which is why it is not a big deal. But little things add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad