GDT: Preseason Game 03 - Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets - Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Harkins likes preseason. His game thrives in the chaos. Once structure gets put I place his effectiveness wanes. I'd still have him here but this isn't the first time he's looked good this time of the year.
He's good on a call up for a few games but that's about it. Usually fizzles out after game 5.

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
Maybe Harkins turned a corner last year. He had 25 goals in 44 games with the Moose last year. That's pretty damn good. I think he deserves a good look this year. He certainly deserved a shift in overtime last night but Bonehead decided he needed a better look at Nino, Namestnikov, Lowry and Appleton.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
The Jets need a energy forward like this guy, reminds me of Tanev and we haven't had a guy like that since Tanev was traded.We have a Chevy , may as well have a Ford too .:naughty:
Every team needs a few energy guys. 4th line should exclusively be guys like this. AJF, Ford and Sonic the Hedgehog would be a top shelf line.

Reactions: Jets 31

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Jets need a energy forward like this guy, reminds me of Tanev and we haven't had a guy like that since Tanev was traded.We have a Chevy , may as well have a Ford too .:naughty:

Yeah Tanev seems like a good style comp for him. I'd be pretty happy if we got an equivalent caliber player out of him.

Reactions: Jets 31

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Honestly
Connor Scheif Vilardi
Nino Perfetti Ehlers
Iafallo Lowry Apples
Barron Kupari Names

The D is tougher tho

I think you could see a vet moved out here if Ville keeps showing he's improving

Chisholm? I think you waive him. He's not the answer here. Stanley you can waive also, dude is just a mess. I honestly think they both clear. Capo is hurt so maybe IR him for now

Morrissey demelo
Samberg pionk
Dillon/Vile Schmidt/Ville

Run 7 D and get Ford and Gus staying as extra forwards

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Honestly
Connor Scheif Vilardi
Nino Perfetti Ehlers
Iafallo Lowry Apples
Barron Kupari Names

The D is tougher tho

I think you could see a vet moved out here if Ville keeps showing he's improving

Chisholm? I think you waive him. He's not the answer here. Stanley you can waive also, dude is just a mess. I honestly think they both clear. Capo is hurt so maybe IR him for now

Morrissey demelo
Samberg pionk

Lines look good.

Ville I think can play his way onto the team and still be waived, if the chatter about the org still holding out hope for Big Stan is legit (see Murat's recent TC column, etc).

Not sure they risk losing Chisholm, pretty sure they're happy with how Capo handled his PB ringer role last season, tho he may be less chuffed about doing it all again this year.

If I had to guess on D, they either try to squeeze Chisholm through or run the risk of waiving Capo in order to keep the candle burning for Logan Chara 2.0, however implausible it seems.

Ville has the magical waiver exemption, is promised that next year is his year and he's first injury call-up, and heads Moosewards.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Lines look good.

Ville I think can play his way onto the team and still be waived, if the chatter about the org still holding out hope for Big Stan is legit (see Murat's recent TC column, etc).

Not sure they risk losing Chisholm, pretty sure they're happy with how Capo handled his PB ringer role last season, tho he may be less chuffed about doing it all again this year.

If I had to guess on D, they either try to squeeze Chisholm through or run the risk of waiving Capo in order to keep the candle burning for Logan Chara 2.0, however implausible it seems.

Ville has the magical waiver exemption, is promised that next year is his year and he's first injury call-up, and heads Moosewards.
Yeah I don't see any way the Jets don't leverage Heinolas waiver exemption, fair or not.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Honestly
Connor Scheif Vilardi
Nino Perfetti Ehlers
Iafallo Lowry Apples
Barron Kupari Names

The D is tougher tho

Morrissey demelo
Samberg pionk

Well, if we're going to be honest about it, your forward lineup might work if the 3rd and 4th groups (lines) get equal ice-time. However, based on history, I expect they won't and in my opinion both Barron and Namestikov are better players that Appleton, who I think is one-dimensional (straight-line fast). Of course, this is just one fan's opinion.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Didn't watch this one but glad to hear Heinola did well again. I know some people have gotten down on him over time, but I believe he'll become an effective NHL defenseman as long as we give him the chance.
And let’s not try and make him into something he’s not.
He looks like he’s worked hard during the summer and it’s paying off. But his bread and butter will be offense which includes taking some chances. Most of them work out but there will always be a few that go wrong.
I hope the coaches don’t just focus on the few that obviously didn’t work.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
So what could we realistically get for Stanley now? Maybe a late 3rd round pick?
I'm still trying to figure why they re-signed him. At best he's a 7th defenseman and you can find those for less than they are paying him.

AtomicJets

Dec 20, 2014
I was thinking the same as most of you going into camp, that Heinola's contract would keep him in the AHL this year.

I don't think that any longer. From what I have seen, Heinola hasn't just made the team, I believe he has cracked the starting lineup. Yes that will bring tough decisions on the futures of Stanley, Capo, and Chisholm but Ville simply makes us a better team when he is out there. He has arrived and I think the organization knows it too. We might be looking at a scenario where Schmidt is the #7 D and the Jets maybe keep only one of Capo, Stan, and Chisholm, pending waivers.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
One game does not a season make, but based on what I mostly saw last night I can't help wondering if Tyrel Bauer is going to make it easier to put Logan Stanley on waivers.
He'd be okay for an 8th d man...maybe.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He'd be okay for an 8th d man...maybe.

He's been a lot better than I expected. (low bar)
After another year or two in the AHL he might actually be able to hold his own on a 3rd pair in the NHL. In that case his other talents might be worthwhile.

Unfortunately, until the NHL improves both its rules and its refereeing there will still be a place for enforcers. Bauer is a good one.

If/when the NHL gets serious about protecting the health and the careers of its star players the suspensions for plays like what we saw last night will be measured in years and lifetimes, not games. But there is no sign of them getting serious about it.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Bauer looks a couple of leagues in over his head. He'd be a solid ECHL player. Just a pylon in the NHL...

I don't disagree but I do think there's been flashes that give me some hope that he could eventually stick. Not too dissimilar to how I viewed Stanley about 4 years ago.
The bonus (and difference) is that Tyrel Bauer only cost the Jets a 6th(?) round pick in opportunity cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad