GDT: Preseason Game 03 - Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets - Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Heinola was fantastic. He’s so much stronger and it’s really helped round out his game. With the coaches having more confidence in him, it’ll only help his game. When he’s playing with confidence he is amazing.

Parker Ford has been good all training camp. He could be a Tanev type guy with more offensive upside. He’s fast and tenacious.

Chisholm showed well too. We need to make room for these guys.

Stanley needs new scenery.

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Heinola's best showing as a Jet IMO. Looks stronger and more confident. Nearly 30 minutes of ice time tonight. Getting every opportunity to show what he can do.

Chisholm is a great skater. Some puck mismanagement on the defensive side but looks great on the offensive side.

Ford with a really nice showing.

Kupari looks like he can play, just fighting the puck a little bit tonight.

Helle and Salminen with nice showings. All of our goalies have looked sharp in these games so far.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Some thoughts …

- Heinola looks ready for the show. I imagine he’s earmarked for the AHL because of waivers unfortunately. I think he might be able to even step into the top four. I wouldn’t be adverse to trying him there.

- I thought Chisholm was good but more erratic than last game

- Don’t know what to make of Stanley. I didn’t hate his game as much as everyone else seemed to but he’s gotta be below Capo, Chisholm and Heinola. I think they’ll keep him up and waive Chisholm or Capo (and send Heinola down) but I almost wonder if he’s just moved for a pick at the end of the pre-season. I would guess most teams are in a similar situation and don’t really have the roster space though

-Iafallo looks like a good player. Does lots of things right

- I know Ford is AHL bound but he’s at least done enough that I’ll be watching him closely on the Moose. Might get the call to the Jets if a forward or two go down

- Pretty lame cheap shot by what’s his face on Perfetti. Hope the magic man is okay.

- Harkins was humming along again. I don’t think he makes the team but I wouldn’t hate him as the 13th forward.

- Overall it’s nice to see a good number of competent forwards in the lineup. Last year we had guys like Saku, AJF, Kuhlman, Stenlund and Gagner eating up lots of ice; the depth this season is obviously way better even without PLD and Wheeler

- I wonder what the top six looks like if (golly forbid) Ehlers and Perfetti aren’t available for game 1

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
We start the season with
Connor-Scheif-Vilardi
Nino-Names-Ehlers
Iafallo-Lowry-Apples
Barron-Kupari-Gus

Jomo-DeMelo
Dillon-Pionk
Heinola-Schmidt
Chisholm

Capo clear waivers

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Heinola and Ford impressive. Harkins with a good one as well.

Stanley was not good, nor was Mallot.

I like Iaffalo. Having him, Nino, and Vlad sure gives Bones lots of options.

Bauer is one tough SOB.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Some thoughts …

- Heinola looks ready for the show. I imagine he’s earmarked for the AHL because of waivers unfortunately. I think he might be able to even step into the top four. I wouldn’t be adverse to trying him there.

- I thought Chisholm was good but more erratic than last game

- Don’t know what to make of Stanley. I didn’t hate his game as much as everyone else seemed to but he’s gotta be below Capo, Chisholm and Heinola. I think they’ll keep him up and waive Chisholm or Capo (and send Heinola down) but I almost wonder if he’s just moved for a pick at the end of the pre-season. I would guess most teams are in a similar situation and don’t really have the roster space though

-Iafallo looks like a good player. Does lots of things right

- I know Ford is AHL bound but he’s at least done enough that I’ll be watching him closely on the Moose. Might get the call to the Jets if a forward or two go down

- Pretty lame cheap shot by what’s his face on Perfetti. Hope the magic man is okay.

- Harkins was humming along again. I don’t think he makes the team but I wouldn’t hate him as the 13th forward.

- Overall it’s nice to see a good number of competent forwards in the lineup. Last year we had guys like Saku, AJF, Kuhlman, Stenlund and Gagner eating up lots of ice; the depth this season is obviously way better even without PLD and Wheeler

- I wonder what the top six looks like if (golly forbid) Ehlers and Perfetti aren’t available for game 1

I was sitting above the bench and Cole was out there chatting for minutes prior to going into the room after the hit. My guess is they pulled him as a precaution.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
No idea if Cole will come out or not for the third but he was standing and chatting by the bench for a good while before he went in. Might be the spotter that called down.

The team may also play it safe and not put him out even if he passes his test.

He was really starting to dial it in as well. Just a gutless hit coming in from behinf on a player in eligible to be hit. Get scum like him out of the game.
He stumbled when he got up.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
IMG_0057.png

I was just starting to calculate what to do with Stanley…

• Wow
Reactions: snowkiddin

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Preseason means f*** all, but holy sh** im loving our preseason so far.

I cant recall another Jets 2.0 era in which the Jets were this deep. There are a dozen guys imo that can slot in anywhere on the 3rd or 4th line.

Like where the hell did this Parker Ford kid come from? And why havent i heard of him before?

I really hope Bonus Capitalizes on the depth this team has to offer by continuing tryouts into the first half of this season.

Let the rookies play and stop worrying about burning an ELC. Also, keep your two-way AHL players on speed dial, should a guy on the Jets decide to take a couple nights off.

I also think these L.A. players are loving how loud the Canadian Life Centre can get. You can tell it gives them an extra gear to their stride. That Kupari breakaway in OT gave me goosebumps. Cant Imagine how Kupari felt.

This season could really surprise a lot of fans that are looking to rid themselves of their season tickets.. It really depends on roster management and giving the blue collar lines minutes imo.

Go Jets Go!

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
What are you even going off here. He was hit in the head well after the play by a player coming from behind. It was a scumbag hit that wasn't even a hockey play. But yeah playing him on line for would have prevented that.

Can't get hurt if you're stapled to the bench ;)

• Haha
Reactions: wraithsonwings

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Hey lets shelter Perfetti... NNNNNOOOOOO THATTTT CRAZZZZYYYYY
because he took a cheap shot... lol that can happen at any moment... but of course you think it's some how because he is now penciled in at 2c

No Perfetti?
poster has been saying names should be our 2c all summer long so anything that happens to cole is just proof that he shouldn't be given a chance at 2c

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
because he took a cheap shot... lol that can happen at any moment... but of course you think it's some how because he is now penciled in at 2c

It's one reason I hate preseason. You have these talentless clowns looking to make a name for themselves taking out other teams good players.

Maybe the NHL should start doing what the NFL does. Don't play your starters until the last games.

He stumbled when he got up.

Didn't see that. Well we will have to wait for the coach to provide an update.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Well pretty scrambly period.

Ville was real strong

I liked the playbof line 2 off the puck but I'd like to see more offensive zone time from them. Cole showing real good poise in his end with the puck and he won all his defensive zone draws as well.

Stanley is cutting himself with this performance.
Yes please.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I enjoy live Hockey although preseason is a different animal it did get a bit spirited for good reason. There is no room in the NHL for that blind side assault on Perfetti that wasn’t around the play? What the actual f*** was that. Totally premeditated targeting of the head with intent to injure IN A MEANINGLESS PRESEASON GAME???

Heinola stood out tonight for sure especially how good and comfortable he looked defending.

Those new luxury seats above the Bud Light lounge look pretty slick.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm getting really sick of the league allowing this type of shit to happen. How many great players need to get hurt by awful players not playing hockey. We saw how many great careers like Kariya, Lindross, Savard etc get derailed by talentless predators. This isn't hockey.

These hits need to be suspended harshly and teams need to be fined heavily for playing these idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad