Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season Game #5: Canucks 1 vs. Kings 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The Canucks remind me of the Blackhawks in the early-mid 2000s. Roster full of crap draft choices and stupid contracts. "Promising" prospects on paper but just not fulfilling their potential (due to injuries or unrealistic expectations). This is making for some utterly brutal hockey.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
With juolevi shitting the bed also, I am pretty much calling it.

When it comes to hoping players turn it up and earn a spot, this preseason has been hilariously awful.

Ty, motte EP for showing up at least.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Anybody still holding out hope that while they may be bad at least they’ll be entertaining? This team will be playing a passive system a dozen games into the season as they will only have a chance to win 1-0 or 2-1. Oh wait Marky is the starter...2-1. That is the only score they’ll get 2 points from.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
The Canucks remind me of the Blackhawks in the early-mid 2000s. Roster full of crap draft choices and stupid contracts. "Promising" prospects on paper but just not fulfilling their potential (due to injuries or unrealistic expectations). This is making for some utterly brutal hockey.
I honestly think a majority of it just comes because of our back end.

The defence is so important for the offense, when you have guys like gudbranson skating in quicksand and watching juolevi go into a corner vs a mouse and lose, must be the demoralizing as a forward.

I will say this though, hutton Has been pretty good this preseason and I could see a nice bounce back year.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
chicago at least had duncan keith emerging as a high-calibre defenseman from 8263728th overall

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
which was the worse pick.
Virtanen @ 6
or
Juolevi @ 5

Juolevi.

Virtanen, at the time, was drafted around where he was ranked. He was viewed as a swing for the fences type pick, and there were a lot of scouts who felt he was a potential home run pick. Hindsight has been ugly on this one, but I don’t fault the logic for the pick at the time.

Juolevi was clearly a case of drafting for position, BPA be damned. They reached, left better players on the table, and it certainly seems bleak right now. I was and am still confident he will be an NHL player, and I don’t loathe the pick as some do, but compared with the logic for the Virtanen pick, this was poor strategy and execution. IMO.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Virtanen legit reminds me of a Poor man’s David booth

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Juolevi easily. Soft and useless while thinking he is good.

At least Virtanen brings speed and is the only forward on the team who hits

I think it would be a pretty interesting poll question

But again Virtanen seems pretty reluctant to be considered a hitter, as he still thinks of himself as a skill player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad