Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season Game #5: Canucks 1 vs. Kings 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Of course I’m going to jinx this, but I think it’s pretty much a slim to none that Quinn Hughes is going to Bust With the way he skates.

We just need to pray that the coaching staff lets them be creative and play his game

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
f*** off! That's the kind of stuff I remember pissing me off about Juolevi when I would watch Knights games a couple season ago. Same shit. So unbelievably passive on D.

He really is destined to toil away in Utica until he's done his ELC and we don't qualify him. That's the kind of outcome I see. We're not talking about someone who just needs some polish. I don't know anymore....

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I kind of miss Vanek, He was a really fun player to watch most nights.

I still remember his clappers

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
How many times this game have the kings just rope a doped the Canucks in their own end for an easy breakout with speed, straight through the D and a good shot.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
which was the worse pick.
Virtanen @ 6
or
Juolevi @ 5

That's a tough call. Although there were 2 clear cut elite talents that we passed on that were clearly the better pick, and it really felt the ownership wanted to pander to us with a local boy with major shoulder surgery coming up, at the very least we drafted some good assets in the 2014 draft (let's just throw out where those assets are today out of the equation for one second).

Think about how truly painful the 15/16 season was, a team that we were told would compete for the playoffs failed so hard after Benning made tweaks that he thought would improve the team, gutted our bottom 6 depth, traded Bonino for a worse player, etc. We go through that season. We go through that deadline and get *nothing* for Hamhuis or Vrbata. We hold onto Ryan Miller instead of dealing him during the year or at the draft. We trade away the 33rd and 94th picks in addition to McCann to get Gudbranson.

We lose the draft lottery. All three of them.

We walk into the 2016 draft with 5 measly picks. No room for error, but damn we have 5th overall and there are still good players available. We are rumoured to have a chance at PLD, a centre who looks like he'd be a great 1-2 punch with Horvat. Matthew Tkachuk dominated the OHL regular season, playoffs, and memorial cup and was very likely to be available.

And we walk out of that draft with Juolevi and that's about it. Lockwood has had two shoulder injuries. The rest were not signed.

All we got for an entire year of pain was Olli Juolevi, who a meh feeling pick as multiple teams walked out with their new elite franchise players.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
**** off! That's the kind of stuff I remember pissing me off about Juolevi when I would watch Knights games a couple season ago. Same ****. So unbelievably passive on D.

He really is destined to toil away in Utica until he's done his ELC and we don't qualify him. That's the kind of outcome I see. We're not talking about someone who just needs some polish. I don't know anymore....
I say we try to trade him asap before more people realize how pathetic he has on the boards.

It’s actually kind of funny to watch. just watch the guy at when he goes along the boards with somebody else

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I think it would be a pretty interesting poll question

But again Virtanen seems pretty reluctant to be considered a hitter, as he still thinks of himself as a skill player.

He had 155 or so hits last year to lead Canuck forwards by a mile

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
LOL

He did the move again.
LOL
Skates in wastes all his energy goes around the net before either turning it over or passing it off.

Virtanen is soooooooooo predictable

Every beer league has that player. That guy who is super fast and everyone is worried about him and then half way through the game you go “huh...if you just keep him to the outside he’ll just skate around doing nothing.” Nothing Virtanen has done in the preseason make me think he’s progressed.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I mean, clean zone entry leading to a corsi for isn't the worst thing in the world.

Hey trust me I appreciate a clean zone entry and Virtanen is great at it.

Its just with Virtanen he doesnt do ANYTHING with it. He could put on the brakes and survey the ice, as he has so much more time than he thinks.
He either lets off some distance shot, or skates all the way around the net.

Reactions: WTG

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Goldy has been the best Canuck imo
Uhh, I guess there’s nothing wrong with having people with different opinions. =]

I honestly believe troy stecher was the best come out tonight by far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad