Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Ok let's be real here. If Gaborik was playing in NY, he'd probably have no points and be invisible. When Gaborik is not scoring, he is 100% invisible.

The players who he was playing with:
Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, Muzzin

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
last 2 games have been HORRIFIC for Nash, Richards, and MSL. just so....SO bad.

Nash in particular.

Ive defended him out the wazoo but the last 2 games have been just putrid.

Leaving out game 7 against Philly, I see very little difference between his last two games and the other 7.

Clinched

Oct 17, 2011
Bergen
I know we're all bashing Nash and Stepan and the offense, and rightfully so...adding on to that, where the hell is Marty St. Louis? You know, the Art Ross trophy winner last year, and a Stanley Cup champion? I'm more disappointed in him than Nash...with Nash, you almost expect him to disappear and be useless. St. Louis has a reputation of being a big game player, and has done absolutely nothing.

He cant carry the team alone, a team needs to be synced. This team isnt.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Gaborik with a bummed shoulder played better than Nash in the playoffs as a Ranger. Nash is soft. He literally forgot how to skate and compete. He gets pushed off the puck like he ways a 120lbs.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Did I ask his age? We're all aware of it. Woo. He has 2 in 9 games. My point was our two "stars" combined have 2. Gaborik has 3 in the last 7 minutes and 6 total. He was a Ranger pretty recently. We moved him for Brassard, Dorsett and Moore. Studs, all.

No, but St. Louis is contributing in all facets of the game. I can't say the same for Nash who towers over St. Louis, who should be using his fat ass (Which everyone in the hockey world is alluding to), and should be winning those dirty battles in the crease. One is at least trying to engage, the other..who the **** cares? I think he should be moved irregardless.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Ok let's be real here. If Gaborik was playing in NY, he'd probably have no points and be invisible. When Gaborik is not scoring, he is 100% invisible.

The players who he was playing with:
Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, Muzzin

It's not the players he's playing with. It's just the Rangers. You're right though. But it's just the Rangers. He'd have none because Rangers. Not because Kopitar etc. just because Rangers don't score. Malkin would be lucky to put up 65 points playing on a line with Nash and St. Louis in our jersey.

Wolfy*

Beautiful assist by Zucc, just too bad he forgot he's a Ranger...

BarbaraAlphanse

The issues with this team start and end with center ice. Way too one dimensional, way too inconsistent. It's really hard for wingers to carry lines/teams in the NHL.

Stepan - 45% on face offs.
Brassard - 48% on face offs.
Richards - 49% on face offs.

Not one of them is above 50% on face offs.

None of them drive to the net. None are physical. Stepan has really **** the bed since game 3 against the Flyers.

Stastny is 54% on face-offs. He may not be the best move for the future, but he sure would help in that regard. He's also faster than Richards, at this point in his career. I'd love a swap like that.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
This team has been totally reamed by either the league or NBC, and you don't think it matters. That's totally pathetic. This schedule has absolutely ****** them in the *******. It's also ****** Pittsburgh should they advance. A week sitting around is almost as bad as playing too many games in too few nights. Basically, NBC handed a Final to Boston or Montreal.

Plus, MAF ALWAYS LOOKS LIKE PATRICK ROY AGAINST THE RANGERS! He might be awful against 28 other teams in the league, but he always looks great against the Rangers.

It's only 2-1. This series is far from over. All they need is a little luck for once.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That was the most frustrating game of hockey I've seen in a long time. Every single pass by the Rangers was off by just a little bit, every time someone had space they fumbled the puck, Penguin defensemen got lucky every single time they made a defensive play it seemed. Puck was constantly bouncing over our sticks. Every good chance we had, we squandered. Everytime someone was open, they waited a second too long. Then Pittsburgh gets two breakaways. Typical.

Seriously frustrating I wanted to pull my hair out.

And what was with Zucc on the second goal? The penalty is expiring, why did he curl back and play the puck back? GET IT DEEP! WTF! That same thing happened just last game, jesus christ.

NEED to win Wednesday night. Get the momentum back. We need to make life harder on Fleury. He saw almost everything.

The boys were seriously gassed tonight, it was noticeable on the defensemen and Stepan, Hags didn't have his usual jump, Richards and MSL both looked tired. Brass looked like he was skating in mud. God do I wish Kreider was healthy.

This schedule really sucks. Not to make excuses but 5 games in 7 nights of playoff hockey is brutal. Hard fought games, including a game 7. Really a pretty unfair schedule for the Rangers, which sucks.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
No, but St. Louis is contributing in all facets of the game. I can't say the same for Nash who towers over St. Louis, who should be using his fat ass (Which everyone in the hockey world is alluding to), and should be winning those dirty battles in the crease. One is at least trying to engage, the other..who the **** cares? I think he should be moved irregardless.

Last 4 games they are pretty much a toss up for who has been worse. Let's not sugar coat it MSL has screwed up MULTIPLE prime scoring opportunities and flubbed a ton of passes.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Gaborik with a bummed shoulder played better than Nash in the playoffs as a Ranger. Nash is soft. He literally forgot how to skate and compete. He gets pushed off the puck like he ways a 120lbs.

Hit the nail on the head. Nash has to be the worst skater I've ever seen. Guy is constantly falling all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad