Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I Dont get all the hate on this game. Outplayed the Pens for the most part. They had the better goaltending. This one hurts more than last night cause they actually challenged Fleurey and when they beat him they caught post.

Because after a while, the specifics of how they play become less important. For instance, the power play looked really good at points, but it doesn't matter how it looks, it matters what it does. And the power play fails to score. And the team fails to win.

So that's the hate on the game.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I know we're all bashing Nash and Stepan and the offense, and rightfully so...adding on to that, where the hell is Marty St. Louis? You know, the Art Ross trophy winner last year, and a Stanley Cup champion? I'm more disappointed in him than Nash...with Nash, you almost expect him to disappear and be useless. St. Louis has a reputation of being a big game player, and has done absolutely nothing.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Betcha Tarasenko, Schwartz, or Fowler coulda helped, or Giroux, or insert any random 2003 first rounder other than Jessiman, no I forgot this is the Rangers where we waste picks. That's why we continuously over pay for marginal free agents or trade for overrated losers, because we can't draft our own star players!

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
This organization is a joke! Bunch of heartless millionaires sulking about! I'm ****ing finished! 30 years of trash! It's absolutely pathetic! However, I'll always remember 1994.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Gaborik. Scores with 7 seconds left to tie game one. Wins game one in OT. Opens scoring in game 2 34 seconds in.

Nash and St. Louis have how many goals all playoffs? Gaborik has 3 goals in his last 7 minutes of hockey.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Observations:

NYR - where goal scorers go to die. Nash. Gaborik. St. Louis. and on and on and on. Doesn't matter who the coach is, what the system is, or who the players are. They can't score anymore. They can, however, score again if they move on (a la Gaborik). I don't understand it.

Stepan - so, SO many stupid passes. He doesn't want the puck and is playing hot potato with it and constantly missing. Awful, awful playoffs for this guy.

Passing - the Rangers were the better team tonight but SO many missed passes. All night long.

Mistakes - 3 breakaways in a playoff game? Seriously? Terrible.

NBC can kiss my ass with constantly shoving Crosby down my face. He really wasn't a dominant player tonight. Not at all.

So frustrated with this team. If the CBJ's are scoring more goals against Pittsburgh than the NYR are, then something is seriously wrong.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Gaborik. Scores with 7 seconds left to tie game one. Wins game one in OT. Opens scoring in game 2 34 seconds in.

Nash and St. Louis have how many goals all playoffs? Gaborik has 3 goals in his last 7 minutes of hockey.

St. Louis is 38 and actually has 2 goals. Nash...

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
So basically HF's plan is to get rid of Stepan Nash MSL Hank Richards Dorsett and Hagelin?

Well, tar and fearher Dorsett...pillory Nash, send MSL to senior citizen warehouse,buy out Sad Brad,let Hagelin go back to doing Gevalia commercials and trade "Holdy" to Florida for a bag of chipped practice pucks.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Now everyone misses Gaborik? You guys what on him for 4 years and now you want him back? This fan base doesn't deserve Gaborik.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Observations:

NYR - where goal scorers go to die. Nash. Gaborik. St. Louis. and on and on and on. Doesn't matter who the coach is, what the system is, or who the players are. They can't score anymore. They can, however, score again if they move on (a la Gaborik). I don't understand it.

Stepan - so, SO many stupid passes. He doesn't want the puck and is playing hot potato with it and constantly missing. Awful, awful playoffs for this guy.

Passing - the Rangers were the better team tonight but SO many missed passes. All night long.

Mistakes - 3 breakaways in a playoff game? Seriously? Terrible.

NBC can kiss my ass with constantly shoving Crosby down my face. He really wasn't a dominant player tonight. Not at all.

So frustrated with this team. If the CBJ's are scoring more goals against Pittsburgh than the NYR are, then something is seriously wrong.

Gaborik had multiple 40 goal seasons here, did he not?

member 116805

The same Gaborik that NYR fans ragged on constantly and hated? That Gaborik?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Where is Zucc, he assists on the Pens goal, he is terrible right now, Brass is Pouliot are carrying him

I thought he was having a rather good game, minus the mis-communication with Richards. Came closer to scoring a goal than anyone else as well, that includes the other 2 posts.

But sure, lets bash those who do not deserve it. Lets have a go at Hank as well while we are at it.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Honestly at this point its just sad. We defend our team every year because they get zero respect from everyone else and they back it with this crap? 2 shutouts in a row from the Pens? Lol. Ive seen enough hockey in my life to know this is one team playing VERY bad more than one playing really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad