Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

Sather is just going to throw infinite money at Stastny.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Observations:

NYR - where goal scorers go to die. Nash. Gaborik. St. Louis. and on and on and on. Doesn't matter who the coach is, what the system is, or who the players are. They can't score anymore. They can, however, score again if they move on (a la Gaborik). I don't understand it.

I like jumping on this ship but Gabby scored 40 goals for us. He had the rough half season with Torts and injury but before that he was pretty good.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Observations:

NYR - where goal scorers go to die. Nash. Gaborik. St. Louis. and on and on and on. Doesn't matter who the coach is, what the system is, or who the players are. They can't score anymore. They can, however, score again if they move on (a la Gaborik). I don't understand it.

Stepan - so, SO many stupid passes. He doesn't want the puck and is playing hot potato with it and constantly missing. Awful, awful playoffs for this guy.

Passing - the Rangers were the better team tonight but SO many missed passes. All night long.

Mistakes - 3 breakaways in a playoff game? Seriously? Terrible.

NBC can kiss my ass with constantly shoving Crosby down my face. He really wasn't a dominant player tonight. Not at all.

So frustrated with this team. If the CBJ's are scoring more goals against Pittsburgh than the NYR are, then something is seriously wrong.

We do not have a legitimate #1 center and our D can't make a pass to save their lives, let alone scoring a goal. So our only true threats are our wingers which the defense suffocates to hell and back.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
last 2 games have been HORRIFIC for Nash, Richards, and MSL. just so....SO bad.

Nash in particular.

Ive defended him out the wazoo but the last 2 games have been just putrid.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Observations:

Stepan - so, SO many stupid passes. He doesn't want the puck and is playing hot potato with it and constantly missing. Awful, awful playoffs for this guy.

Passing - the Rangers were the better team tonight but SO many missed passes. All night long.

Mistakes - 3 breakaways in a playoff game? Seriously? Terrible.

NBC can kiss my ass with constantly shoving Crosby down my face. He really wasn't a dominant player tonight. Not at all.

So frustrated with this team. If the CBJ's are scoring more goals against Pittsburgh than the NYR are, then something is seriously wrong.

Gabby had 114 goals in 255 games for us. Two 40+ goal seasons in 4 years.

Vidic15*

Now everyone misses Gaborik? You guys what on him for 4 years and now you want him back? This fan base doesn't deserve Gaborik.

I'm wondering why the hell Columbus traded him? They could have used a pure goal scorer against the Pens.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
St. Louis is 38 and actually has 2 goals. Nash...

Did I ask his age? We're all aware of it. Woo. He has 2 in 9 games. My point was our two "stars" combined have 2. Gaborik has 3 in the last 7 minutes and 6 total. He was a Ranger pretty recently. We moved him for Brassard, Dorsett and Moore. Studs, all.

Water1

May 4, 2013
If not for the ot goal, it has been 160+ minuets of no goals
Gabrick has more goals than Nash
Stephan should not hit the ice again, should watch from the press box
Just ranting
Though I am sure fatigue had something to do with it, not scoring on the pp for 33 straight times is disgraceful

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
The issues with this team start and end with center ice. Way too one dimensional, way too inconsistent. It's really hard for wingers to carry lines/teams in the NHL.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Maybe a partial rebuild is in order. Consider the Nash trade a sunk cost; buy out Richards. Build around McD, Staal, Girardi, Kreider, Zuke and Hank. I'd keep Miller and Fast -- they're young and cheap -- but they aren't core material; Boyle might be worth keeping as well (for the PK). I wouldn't mind trading Stepan for picks. I'm on the fence about MSL.

Tackaberry

Old School
Dec 12, 2009
fast forward is great
you don't have to waste time watching this team
after the first goal the DVR was on 2x and I could get on with watching Kings/Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad