Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
This is the time of year I miss Jagr the most. Should never have let that guy go - he brings it every playoffs and is wasted in NJ.

Not resigning that guy actually did us more harm than good. Imagine if Sather was patient and smart in the off season. We could have had:

Jagr
Briere
Gaborik
Nylander
Straka

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Seriously, the PP in this year's playoffs is the worst I've ever seen, and that's saying something.

How the **** do you go 0 for your last 34 or whatever it is on your PP tries? ******** pathetic. The ironic thing is that if the Pens go onto the ECF, Boston or Motreal will expose the hell out of MAF.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Not resigning that guy actually did us more harm than good. Imagine if Sather was patient and smart in the off season. We could have had:

Jagr
Briere
Gaborik
Nylander
Straka

No Gomez means no McD.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Seriously, the PP in this year's playoffs is the worst I've ever seen, and that's saying something.

How the **** do you go 0 for your last 34 or whatever it is on your PP tries? Fuc***** pathetic. The ironic thing is that if the Pens go onto the ECF, Boston or Motreal will expose the hell out of MAF.

Well, it's actually officially the worst ever, so that's not surprising. Record set.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I go from a team in Liverpool that couldn't keep a hippo out of a 2 door Toyota to the Rangers who couldn't put a marble through the doors of a military hangar.

Where's the middle?

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
2010/11 Was the year he played through a bum shoulder.

2011/12 He was definitely a disappointment in the playoffs, but he managed 5 goals and 11 points, including 3 tallies against the Caps.

Certainly not worth running the guy out of town.

Hey, I liked Gaborik and the above is true. Doesn't change the fact that he performed well below his career #'s in the playoffs for us.

Not #epicfail numbers like Nash, but still.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
2010/11 Was the year he played through a bum shoulder.

2011/12 He was definitely a disappointment in the playoffs, but he managed 5 goals and 11 points, including 3 tallies against the Caps.

Certainly not worth running the guy out of town.

2012 playoffs he had a torn labrum he played through.

Regardless, we need more from Nash. Stepan as well.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Beyond frustrating game. Just got no bounces. Every play was just a bit off, Pens got very lucky.

They need to come out with a better effort on Wednesday. Just getting chances isn't good enough anymore. Play like it's game 7.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Stepan, Richards, Brassard, Zuccarello, St. Louis...all heavy passers.

When is this team gonna bring in a legit shooter? And don't tell me Nash because he couldn't break a window with his shot.

Benoit Pouliot is our sniper right now. With all due respect to Ben, that's why our powerplay is 0 for 33.

Ive been saying this all year. This team is too one-dimensional - there is an abundance of pass first perimeter players. Not many natural goal scorers and definitely not enough players who are willing to score dirty goals when things tighten up.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

How the **** do you go 0 for your last 34 or whatever it is on your PP tries? Fuc***** pathetic. The ironic thing is that if the Pens go onto the ECF, Boston or Motreal will expose the hell out of MAF.

What pisses me off is that they hit 2 posts on those 4 minutes, they actually looked good today on the PP, but the team not only sucks big time they have no luck.

After the Sharks and Lightning, this has been the most embarrassing performance of the playoffs. I'm embarrassed to be a Rangers fan. This is worse than the series against Boston last year. I actually believed in this team and thought they had the best chance they've ever had this year. Again to be burned.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Its amazing the difference in the other games. So much more intensity, it actually feels like a playoff game. The Crowd in MSG sounds like a crypt nowadays. Not the the players give them much to cheer for, but compared to the other venues our Crowd is a ****in joke.
Well the teams a joke, so...

Wolfy*

This is what they play for all season, and they came out flat in a playoff game...incredible.

Is 5 games in a week an excuse? Guess so...

The Pens are in better shape, and their goalie is damn good.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
That was arguably the worst Rangers game of the year.

Everything went against us...Only hope I have right now is that its still only 3 games in a series...can we win one Wednesday?

If not, then it is pretty much over? :(

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
Beyond frustrating game. Just got no bounces. Every play was just a bit off, Pens got very lucky.

They need to come out with a better effort on Wednesday. Just getting chances isn't good enough anymore. Play like it's game 7.
We are done if we lose

Pretty much game 7

*Bob Richards*

I go from a team in Liverpool that couldn't keep a hippo out of a 2 door Toyota to the Rangers who couldn't put a marble through the doors of a military hangar.

Where's the middle?

This has me in tears, holy ****.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
You know what? I've lost all optimism.

Nash 0 goals this playoffs.
Stepan 5 games 0 points.
MSL 7 games 0 points.
McDonagh looks like **** defensively, directly responsible for several goals and 0 points all playoffs.
Richards has been ******.
Girardi has been on and off.
Kreider is never coming back.
0 goals in 120 minutes against a known playoff choker, who now has the confidence to stop everything.
0-33 on the PP.

I can't take this ****ing ****. 1 Cup in 80 years. I would rather see one Rangers Cup at an age where it's significant than see the Mets and Giants win 1,000 championships.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
My favorite tweet of the night:

Drew Nesbihal ‏@Drew_Nes 1m
Why not play game 4 tonight at msg @NHL ? Think there's time to squeeze another in

Rangers have only themselves to blame for this tough stretch they have, but it still made me chuckle.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
did anybody seriously think this teamk could beat pittsburgh.......i mean it, did anybody seriously think they cold win?

Its so much easier to stomach a loss going into a series knowing that your team really has no shot at beating the other team.

I personally believed they could have beaten the flyers....and thankfully, they did.

No PP goals.......say bye bye to the post season against the penguins.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Another thing, the whining around here about "mediocrity".

The Rangers are one of a handful of teams that have made the second round the last three seasons.

The last four Cup winners are all still alive. The NHL does not have anywhere near the parity it likes to think it has. The Rangers, like it or not, are part of the "better than average" teams in the league.

Some of you deserve to be Edmonton Oiler fans with their parade of high draft picks after tanking seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad