Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
How is it possible for Nash to be so atrocious in the playoffs? How has he not accidentally scored at this point? I just don't understand him and now I'm going from "dislike" to "loathe". Can't believe we traded a first and Dubinsky for this bum let alone the other two pieces and I felt that way when it happened. Started to warm up to him last year then the playoffs came... Been downhill ever since.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This is what they play for all season, and they came out flat in a playoff game...incredible.

Is 5 games in a week an excuse? Guess so...

The Pens are in better shape, and their goalie is damn good.

They didn't come out flat, they just suck and got no bounces. We had more jump than the Penguins whose schedule wasn't anywhere near as bad. We just had breakdowns and they didn't hit posts. Horrible game for both teams.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
My favorite tweet of the night:

Drew Nesbihal ‏@Drew_Nes 1m
Why not play game 4 tonight at msg @NHL ? Think there's time to squeeze another in

Rangers have only themselves to blame for this tough stretch they have, but it still made me chuckle.

Why do the Rangers only have themselves to blame?

Minnesota isn't getting reamed for going 7 in the first round. Either are the Kings.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I was rage screaming at my radio but the HF GDT made me laugh many many times. One of the better in game meltdowns we've had. Did not disappoint. All warranted too. Reggie Dunlop is a godlike poster too. That "on ice awareness post" lol

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Another thing, the whining around here about "mediocrity".

The Rangers are one of a handful of teams that have made the second round the last three seasons.

The last four Cup winners are all still alive. The NHL does not have anywhere near the parity it likes to think it has. The Rangers, like it or not, are part of the "better than average" teams in the league.

Some of you deserve to be Edmonton Oiler fans with their parade of high draft picks after tanking seasons.

The last time a Ranger fan could seriously be proud of this team was back in 2012, where fatigue was definitely an issue, where we lost a solid D-man earlier in the season, and where, while we didn't know it at first, players put their hearts on their sleeves and busted their ***** playing hurt (Cally, Hags, Gaborik).

These last two playoffs? DEAR LORD. No gusto. No semblance of hockey IQ. All around dumb. 0 heart.

Cobra Jack*

Fleury outplayed Lundqvist. YET ANOTHER GAME where we outshoot the opponent by DOUBLE and lose.

I am not a fan of Lundqvist...but getting outplayed by Fleury? He really has reached a new low and it should be clear to everyone now that he is no Mike Richter. He will ALWAYS be in Mike Richter's shadow, I don't care how many wins he COMPILES in the regular season.

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
Fleury outplayed Lundqvist. YET ANOTHER GAME where we outshoot the opponent by DOUBLE and lose.

I am not a fan of Lundqvist...but getting outplayed by Fleury? He really has reached a new low and it should be clear to everyone now that he is no Mike Richter. He will ALWAYS be in Mike Richter's shadow, I don't care how many wins he COMPILES in the regular season.

We haven't scored a goal in 2 games

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012

Mike had Leetch, Graves, Messier, Kovalev, Zubov...

Let me put it just this way: 22PPG.

Now go child and rest your head.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Lundqvist is the best goalie to ever play for this franchise. It isn't close either. Fans like you really don't deserve him.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You know what? I've lost all optimism.

Nash 0 goals this playoffs.
Stepan 5 games 0 points.
MSL 7 games 0 points.
McDonagh looks like **** defensively, directly responsible for several goals and 0 points all playoffs.
Richards has been ******.
Girardi has been on and off.
Kreider is never coming back.
0 goals in 120 minutes against a known playoff choker, who now has the confidence to stop everything.
0-33 on the PP.

I can't take this ****ing ****. 1 Cup in 80 years. I would rather see one Rangers Cup at an age where it's significant than see the Mets and Giants win 1,000 championships.

Really MSL 0 points in last 7? Lmao. I knew that trade was a disaster. Where are all the Ranger fans who thought that was a brilliant trade

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Because they should have never gone 7 with the Flyers. Series should have been done in 5 or 6.

Unbelievable.

As I said, the Kings aren't getting this, and they went 7. Neither are the Wild, and they went 7.

Yes, maybe the Rangers should have knocked Philly off in 5 or 6, but that does not change the fact that this series started with 3 games in 4 nights.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY

Hahhaha.

Oh, you were serious.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Because they should have never gone 7 with the Flyers. Series should have been done in 5 or 6.
People keep posting this but I don't understand what this has to do with the ******** scheduling. As another poster pointed out, other teams went seven games and are not subjected to back to backs. Let alone back to back on travel days!

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013

That's not on Lundqvist, that's on the inability of the Rangers to score and their horrid PP.

You won't win any game when you score zero goals.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Another thing, the whining around here about "mediocrity".

The Rangers are one of a handful of teams that have made the second round the last three seasons.

The last four Cup winners are all still alive. The NHL does not have anywhere near the parity it likes to think it has. The Rangers, like it or not, are part of the "better than average" teams in the league.

Some of you deserve to be Edmonton Oiler fans with their parade of high draft picks after tanking seasons.

And what do they have to show for it? Who cares if they make the second round? Like that's supposed to be an accomplishment? This team needs top draft picks because it can't draft elite players with its mid to late first rounders, and even if they did draft high I don't have the confidence in NYR management. Sather's been here since 2000, look at the track record, then factor in one cup in 75 years. If that's not mediocrity then I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad