Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
That's not on Lundqvist, that's on the inability of the Rangers to score and their horrid PP.

You won't win any game when you score zero goals.

Hank should stop every shot until the Rangers get a lucky goal, obviously. So sick of this crappy goaltender. It is like the guy doesn't even care.

:sarcasm::shakehead

Cobra Jack*

Lundqvist is the best goalie to ever play for this franchise. It isn't close either. Fans like you really don't deserve him.

He is the best REGULAR SEASON goalie in this franchise's history. I'll never forget those magical post season runs Mike Richter gave us. Lundqvist? He can't even string together 2 good playoff games in a row, let alone win a cup.

Let me ask you a question...what has Lundqvist done for us? A bunch of 2nd round exits? I think we could have done that with a mediocre goaltender, don't you?

He gets paid BIG BUCKS to win games like tonight and he failed...AGAIN. Forgive me for not being in awe of him the way you are.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Hank should stop every shot until the Rangers get a lucky goal, obviously. So sick of this crappy goaltender. It is like the guy doesn't even care.

If Hank actually did that, theoretically, it could take 4+ OTs for us to win that game on that lucky goal, if we were in our current lovely hot streak.

NYRANGERAMI*

"We were forced to play a stupid schedule, 5 games in 7 nights, & I'm real proud of how our guys handled it"-Alain Vigneault #NYRPlayoffs

Non-sense...i dont like excuses... I root for the team and am always positive...but this sounds like a defeatist attitude and words....

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
And what do they have to show for it? Who cares if they make the second round? Like that's supposed to be an accomplishment? This team needs top draft picks because it can't draft elite players with its mid to late first rounders, and even if they did draft high I don't have the confidence in NYR management. Sather's been here since 2000, look at the track record, then factor in one cup in 75 years. If that's not mediocrity then I don't know what is.

29 teams lose the Stanley Cup every year. This league is a hell of a lot harder to win in than it was in the 40s, 50s, and 60s. That was when fans should have been disgusted with the Rangers, not now.

In a 26-year period, the Montreal Canadiens won the Stanley Cup 16 times. I cannot even imagine that.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's funny I hate the Kings, I find them incredibly boring but watching their top line and comparing them to MSL-Stepan-Nash makes me want to drink heavily.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Not gonna talk about the draft picks we lost but do you honestly think Callahan would be doing much more?

Would have been ok with Callahan for MSL straight up otherwise no deal. Team needs to build from within . Draft and build it the right way thats how you win in todays nhl. young, big , hungry players.
Stop trying to go out and get players at the end of their career. Sather has no concern for the health of this franchise 5-10 years down the road

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
He is the best REGULAR SEASON goalie in this franchise's history. I'll never forget those magical post season runs Mike Richter gave us. Lundqvist? He can't even string together 2 good playoff games in a row, let alone win a cup.

Let me ask you a question...what has Lundqvist done for us? A bunch of 2nd round exits? I think we could have done that with a mediocre goaltender, don't you?

He gets paid BIG BUCKS to win games like tonight and he failed...AGAIN. Forgive me for not being in awe of him the way you are.

did you want him to score a goal?

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
And what do they have to show for it? Who cares if they make the second round? Like that's supposed to be an accomplishment? This team needs top draft picks because it can't draft elite players with its mid to late first rounders, and even if they did draft high I don't have the confidence in NYR management. Sather's been here since 2000, look at the track record, then factor in one cup in 75 years. If that's not mediocrity then I don't know what is.

It's actually 1 cup in 80 years. 1934-2014

Cobra Jack*

Fleury has faced twice as many shots, and guess what? HE HAS STOPPED EVERY SINGLE ONE until his team scored.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
If Hank actually did that, theoretically, it could take 4+ OTs for us to win that game on that lucky goal, if we were in our current lovely hot streak.

4OTs? Jeez. I bet by then Hank would let in a breakaway goal from some crappy player. Like Crosby. LOL, what a bum

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

How many breakaways did we have? Did they have?

Team failure. Not on Lundqvist. If your team scores ZERO FREAKING GOALS in two consecutive games then the LAST thing you should be eyeballing is your goaltender.

Some of you are unbelievable.

*Bob Richards*

Your opinion might have had the slightest bit of credibility if we managed at least one goal over the last two games. You know how many goalies have won games in which their team got shutout? Somewhere between 0 and none.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
"We were forced to play a stupid schedule, 5 games in 7 nights, & I'm real proud of how our guys handled it"-Alain Vigneault #NYRPlayoffs

Non-sense...i dont like excuses... I root for the team and am always positive...but this sounds like a defeatist attitude and words....

Which is the opposite of what he said after last game. He's all over the place. But the scheduling is a joke. Because of the scheduling we watched one of the worst playoff games I can remember. The Pens didn't look much better either.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
It's baffling that some people still defend Rick Nash. Richards has had a solid playoffs so he gets a pass tonight, but he didn't play well.

St. Louis hasn't done **** since game 3 against Philly.

Lundqvist gave up 2 breakaway goals. Not his fault that Zuccarello sucked.

Pouliot's been great but he's been consistently our best forward these playoffs (sans stupid penalties) and that can't happen.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Your opinion might have had the slightest bit of credibility if we managed at least one goal over the last two games. You know how many goalies have won games in which their team got shutout? Somewhere between 0 and none.

Not getting on Lundqvist, but in theory you can still win if your team doesn't score in 60 minutes.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
People keep posting this but I don't understand what this has to do with the ******** scheduling. As another poster pointed out, other teams went seven games and are not subjected to back to backs. Let alone back to back on travel days!

And, there's NO REASON it had to happen.

Billy Joel plays Friday night.

The Liberty play Thursday MORNING.

There's no reason on God's Green Earth that the Rangers couldn't have played Game 3 tomorrow night, and Game 4 on Thursday night.

OR, Game 2 could have been tonight in Pittsburgh, Game 3 Wednesday night, and Game 4 on Saturday night.

Nahhh, those options make too much sense.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ

Cmon man, I'm critical of Lundqvist too but the Rangers didn't score at all, it does matter if prime Hasek in there, Rangers lost because of their horrid PP and inability to crash the net, screen Fleury and deflect shots.

Cobra Jack*

4OTs? Jeez. I bet by then Hank would let in a breakaway goal from some crappy player. Like Crosby. LOL, what a bum

The goal against Crosby was not a breakaway. He was at an angle and Lundqvist gave up a bad goal. He needed to make that save. He failed...again.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
29 teams lose the Stanley Cup every year. This league is a hell of a lot harder to win in than it was in the 40s, 50s, and 60s. That was when fans should have been disgusted with the Rangers, not now.

In a 26-year period, the Montreal Canadiens won the Stanley Cup 16 times. I cannot even imagine that.

I can - if every Canadian team has exclusive rights to draft players within a 150 (I think) mile radius of their home city. It's not like a ton of hockey was being played in NYC, Boston, Chicago, & Detroit. Montreal and Toronto had a HUGE advantage for decades.

NYRANGERAMI*

Which is the opposite of what he said after last game. He's all over the place. But the scheduling is a joke. Because of the scheduling we watched one of the worst playoff games I can remember. The Pens didn't look much better either.

Yea scheduling is what it is...but 0 for 33 on the PP started way before this schedule...

You out-shoot your opponent by double and cant score...if your tired you should be getting outshot...

It is what it is...LGR!!!!!!!!!!...till the end....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad