Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
He is the best REGULAR SEASON goalie in this franchise's history. I'll never forget those magical post season runs Mike Richter gave us. Lundqvist? He can't even string together 2 good playoff games in a row, let alone win a cup.

Let me ask you a question...what has Lundqvist done for us? A bunch of 2nd round exits? I think we could have done that with a mediocre goaltender, don't you?

He gets paid BIG BUCKS to win games like tonight and he failed...AGAIN. Forgive me for not being in awe of him the way you are.

This cannot be a serious post.

Dude, this team HASN'T SCORED a goal in two games against a very average goalie who's a known playoff choker. And their PP is 0 for their 33 (which is really beyond a joke).

Switch MAF and Lundqvist, and Pittsburgh is still up 2-1 with ease. Only the Rangers would have allowed more goals with MAF in net instead of Lundqvist.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
He is the best REGULAR SEASON goalie in this franchise's history. I'll never forget those magical post season runs Mike Richter gave us. Lundqvist? He can't even string together 2 good playoff games in a row, let alone win a cup.

Let me ask you a question...what has Lundqvist done for us? A bunch of 2nd round exits? I think we could have done that with a mediocre goaltender, don't you?

He gets paid BIG BUCKS to win games like tonight and he failed...AGAIN. Forgive me for not being in awe of him the way you are.

I love Mike Richter, but other than the cup run (with multiple hall of famers in front of him) he had exactly 1 other run to the conference finals (with multiple hall of famers playing in front of him). Where are all these magical post season runs you speak of? Besides that he had a lot of early round exits and a couple of awful moments.

Give Lundqvist a top 5 forward to ever play the game and a generational offensive defenseman with a little greatest player of all time sprinkled in, then we can talk about the Rangers lack of a "magical post season run". Until then we are dealing with the Rangers who don't score in 2 games.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
The goal against Crosby was not a breakaway. He was at an angle and Lundqvist gave up a bad goal. He needed to make that save. He failed...again.

You know who else has failed? Every one of our ****ing forwards. Again.

Where is Nash, MSL, Stepan, Brassard, Richards, Hagelin etc? You can't say anyone had a good game because nobody could put the puck in the net.

0 goals.

ZERO GOALS.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yea scheduling is what it is...but 0 for 33 on the PP started way before this schedule...

You out-shoot your opponent by double and cant score...if your tired you should be getting outshot...

It is what it is...LGR!!!!!!!!!!...till the end....

Exactly.

The schedule sucks, but 0 for 33 is the real story.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yea scheduling is what it is...but 0 for 33 on the PP started way before this schedule...

You out-shoot your opponent by double and cant score...if your tired you should be getting outshot...

It is what it is...LGR!!!!!!!!!!...till the end....

So you're upset that they didn't get outshot?

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
This team has sever problems from within, no speed in the center position outside of Moore, no PP Qb, no right handed shots, no PWF to park in front of the net, look @ what the Ducks did with Maroon, we need grit, Boyle is not a Bickell, Lucic, Or Clifford, he has 0 awareness, we have too many passengers on this team. St.Louis looks worse than Zuccarello. Richards single handedly lost us the game with that cheating he did on Jokinen's goal, he kills 20 seconds of PP time because he is too slow! Pouliot is our best player this playoffs, that's a huge problem. We are too soft, Staal has the most balls on this team, Klein is a big softy, Girardi, McDonagh too many softies. Nash? Are you kidding me, how can anyone have any high hopes for this ****ing bum? He's a little ***** who gets harassed by people twice his size. He has no balls whatsoever.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
"We were forced to play a stupid schedule, 5 games in 7 nights, & I'm real proud of how our guys handled it"-Alain Vigneault #NYRPlayoffs

Non-sense...i dont like excuses... I root for the team and am always positive...but this sounds like a defeatist attitude and words....

Excuse or not, it's the truth.

And it's bull**** that they had to do this, because logically the schedule did not have to be like this.

NYRANGERAMI*

So you're upset that they didn't get outshot?

i dont quite get what your statement is...but if the coach is blaming the schedule ...he is saying were tired... well if your tired you would get out-shot as your not getting to pucks cause your gassed...your not developing plays in order to get a shot on goal cause your gassed...I think they just couldnt score...it happens...but i dont think your tired if you throw more punches than me in a round...you might miss them all like the Rangers couldnt score...but your not tired...so why talk abut the schedule....

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
pretty much all the best power plays in the league have someone who can rifle the shot from the point and is not at all scared to just keep firing away.

rangers have nobody who can legitimately beat you with a point shot.

there is no PK Subban rifling shots at 100+mph.

There is no Ovechkin blasting slapper after slapper on net.

Rangers really need a point shot. Theres probably nobody availble. Byuf might be the only one, and to me hes not really a guy built to play this kinda hockey.

ideally youd love to have a guy like Kovalchuk or AO who can play as a right handed shot to be fed those one timers on the left point from our plethora of left handed play makers.

*sigh*

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I'm officially a Hawks fan. I can't imagine how nice it must be to have management that can add guys like Sharp and Hossa to a core like Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook and then keep drafting guys like Saad.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
pretty much all the best power plays in the league have someone who can rifle the shot from the point and is not at all scared to just keep firing away.

rangers have nobody who can legitimately beat you with a point shot.

there is no PK Subban rifling shots at 100+mph.

There is no Ovechkin blasting slapper after slapper on net.

Rangers really need a point shot. Theres probably nobody availble. Byuf might be the only one, and to me hes not really a guy built to play this kinda hockey.

ideally youd love to have a guy like Kovalchuk or AO who can play as a right handed shot to be fed those one timers on the left point from our plethora of left handed play makers.

*sigh*

Why sigh? I still think we can poach AO.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I love Mike Richter, but other than the cup run (with multiple hall of famers in front of him) he had exactly 1 other run to the conference finals (with multiple hall of famers playing in front of him). Where are all these magical post season runs you speak of? Besides that he had a lot of early round exits and a couple of awful moments.

Give Lundqvist a top 5 forward to ever play the game and a generational offensive defenseman with a little greatest player of all time sprinkled in, then we can talk about the Rangers lack of a "magical post season run". Until then we are dealing with the Rangers who don't score in 2 games.

Thank you.

I'm not sold on Lundqvist being the Ranger goalie to lift the Cup, and in some ways, a point could be made that Lundqvist's money might be better spent on a forward, but some of the Richter revisionist history is revolting.

NYRANGERAMI*

Excuse or not, it's the truth.

And it's bull**** that they had to do this, because logically the schedule did not have to be like this.

It might be true...im not contesting that...but let others say it... as a coach your basically giving your team an excuse to quit on their stool by making that statement... If your in the corner and im your trainer im not saying to you... your tired dont worry ...im saying...what did we train for...feint dip and hit the body...lets go we got 2 rounds left...He is saying to the Rangers...dont worry ..your horrible play is ok because your tired...so tired you out shot the other team...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad