Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
It doesn't matter.. did you see the cup run? He was unconscious... he has a cup hank doesn't.. hank isn't the better goalie

Unconscious in the Cup run?

I remember a pretty crappy outing against Washington that didn't cost them anything in Game 4, and another 150 foot goal against in Game 5.

He **** the bed in Game 4 against the Devils too, and was replaced.

He gave up one of the most awful goals of all time in Game 5 of the Finals after the Rangers fought back to tie the game at 3 midway through the third. He did his patented come out of the crease 30 feet to try to cut the angle and got beat short side.

Yes, he had some unbelievable moments, but was far from the greatest ever.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Crawford is the most underrated goalie in the league the guy is good...and both of them just got on another level a level hank hasn't been at

The supporting cast never put pucks in the net either right? I seem to remember Chicago scoring like 2 goals in 2minutes to win the cup in Boston... I don't think any of the Rangers teams that have been in the playoffs with Hank could score two in 2 minutes

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I'm officially a Hawks fan. I can't imagine how nice it must be to have management that can add guys like Sharp and Hossa to a core like Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook and then keep drafting guys like Saad.

Rangers don't need glory hunters

Hawks seem like a great choice for you

NYRANGERAMI*

So the Rangers haven't scored in 2 games, have had maybe 4 quality chances yet it's lundqvists fault for not stopping breakaways according to some of you. Yet Richter keeps on being brought up, like he would have made a difference. Lundqvist has yet to play on a team close to that 94 team.

You also have to realize that our defense has scored more goals into our own net than into the Pens net in these past 2 games...lmaoooooo....LGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
All these arguments about Lundqvist are detracting from the real issues of PP ineptness and inability to finish. Maybe it's a deflection tactic orchestrated by Sather :sarcasm:

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
We also had 4 pipeshots right?

Team looked snakebit tonight...Really wanted the W tonight

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
Here's my view of the game.

This was a total team losing effort. There are no stars of the game for the Rangers.

If I had to single out three who are most at fault for the loss . I would pick Nash, The PP, and Lundy. In my opinion the stars aren't elevating their game. Without anyone to carry the team we are looking at what we thought we'd see in the middle of the season.... an early playoff exit.

NYRANGERAMI*

We also had 4 pipeshots right?

Team looked snakebit tonight...Really wanted the W tonight

Yea i agree they were snakebit...but...also how many rebound shots are we getting..i think they only had 1 in the 2nd...the offensive flow isnt there...The PP is proof of that...not gel'ing for some reason...oh well..figure it out or its off to golf we go...LGR!!!!!!

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Yes, plus the PP would certainly be better.

Callahan is terrible in playoffs every year. I doubt he's changing anything right now.

People just need to give props to the Penguins. They've been the better team this series so far.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
He is the best REGULAR SEASON goalie in this franchise's history. I'll never forget those magical post season runs Mike Richter gave us. Lundqvist? He can't even string together 2 good playoff games in a row, let alone win a cup.

Let me ask you a question...what has Lundqvist done for us? A bunch of 2nd round exits? I think we could have done that with a mediocre goaltender, don't you?

He gets paid BIG BUCKS to win games like tonight and he failed...AGAIN. Forgive me for not being in awe of him the way you are.

We haven't scored in two games. Two games. No goals. Two straight games with no goals. You can't win when you don't score. No goals. Didn't score. Haven't scored in two games. No goals. Can't win 0-0. How many more ways can I put this?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
He is the best REGULAR SEASON goalie in this franchise's history. I'll never forget those magical post season runs Mike Richter gave us. Lundqvist? He can't even string together 2 good playoff games in a row, let alone win a cup.

Let me ask you a question...what has Lundqvist done for us? A bunch of 2nd round exits? I think we could have done that with a mediocre goaltender, don't you?

He gets paid BIG BUCKS to win games like tonight and he failed...AGAIN. Forgive me for not being in awe of him the way you are.

Leetch, Messier, Kovalev, Graves....

Injured McDonagah, Nash, St.Louis, Stepan....

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
All these arguments about Lundqvist are detracting from the real issues of PP ineptness and inability to finish. Maybe it's a deflection tactic orchestrated by Sather :sarcasm:

Even still, Lundqvist hasn't been able to shut anyone out yet. Yes, sometimes you need to rely on the goalie to keep the game 0-0 and hope that the team can luckily pot one. Game 7 was the only playoff game so far out of 10 where the Rangers went into the 3rd period with zero goals against.

Of course there would be a lot less Lundqvist talk if they PP was actually even decent, if Nash, St. Louis, Stepan, etc. would wake up and all that. I feel like it's the same story year after year with the Rangers. The forwards completely disappear come playoff time and then everyone bashes Lundqvist. Either way, Lundqvist isn't blameless like many people want to say, but he also isn't the main culprit either.

NYRANGERAMI*

Some guy said... and i thought it was funny...Stepan before faceoffs telling all the guys what to do...he never wins a faceoff...ohhhh i was laughing hard at that...LGR!!!!!!!!!

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Lundqvist has 2 shutouts: This is why he is the best ever, and a playoff performer

Opponent has 2 shutouts: Wow, we're so horrible, and make every goalie look amazing. He certainly didn't play well

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Even still, Lundqvist hasn't been able to shut anyone out yet. Yes, sometimes you need to rely on the goalie to keep the game 0-0 and hope that the team can luckily pot one. Game 7 was the only playoff game so far out of 10 where the Rangers went into the 3rd period with zero goals against.

Of course there would be a lot less Lundqvist talk if they PP was actually even decent, if Nash, St. Louis, Stepan, etc. would wake up and all that. I feel like it's the same story year after year with the Rangers. The forwards completely disappear come playoff time and then everyone bashes Lundqvist. Either way, Lundqvist isn't blameless like many people want to say, but he also isn't the main culprit either.

If you have to do that, you probably aren't winning anything.

You can't rely on your goalie to get a shut out every game. And that's what's he would've had to do the past 2 games seeing as the Rangers have been shut out in both of them.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY

You can't rely on your goalie to get a shut out every game. And that's what's he would've had to do the past 2 games seeing as the Rangers have been shut out in both of them.

plus doesn't matter if he keeps it 0-0 the team still needs to score

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Start showing it on the ice, Hank. That Crosby goal was junk tonight. He has no angle and you let him beat you 5 hole (the only place he had to shoot). Then you came up small on the JOKE-inin breakaway and failed to keep us in the game. Bad game, dude.

How about the team actually score a goal? Been shutout twice in a row.

Or how about a PP goal? 0 for their last 33, a complete joke.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY

No, you don't have to rely on him to do it every game, but let's say he does it in Game 2 against Philly or game 4 or game 6? Now suddenly the Rangers aren't playing a 7 game series and aren't playing this insane schedule that they now find themselves in. Sometimes your goalie needs to be unbelievable when the rest of the team sucks in order for the team to get to that next level.

Also, when your team is having trouble scoring, being down by even a goal seems like a mountain to climb. There's a huge difference psychologically.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
What revision? Winning a cup?

The 1997 Rangers were garbage and Richter carried them to the ECF that year. In 1994 he went the distance and won the cup for us. Lundqvist has ONE ecf under his belt that he BARELY achived by the team winning 2 game 7 series in 2012.

I don't see a comparsion between him and Richter in the playoffs. Richter will always be regarded higher than Lundqvist, that's a fact.

Richter was outplayed in the Finals. Imagine that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad