Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The supporting cast never put pucks in the net either right? I seem to remember Chicago scoring like 2 goals in 2minutes to win the cup in Boston... I don't think any of the Rangers teams that have been in the playoffs with Hank could score two in 2 minutes

2 in 17 seconds.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
So the Rangers haven't scored in 2 games, have had maybe 4 quality chances yet it's lundqvists fault for not stopping breakaways according to some of you. Yet Richter keeps on being brought up, like he would have made a difference. Lundqvist has yet to play on a team close to that 94 team.

It's just one guy, ignore him and move on, you aren't going to change his mind. The rest of us realize that Hank doesn't score goals.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You can win 1-0 in five overtimes.

What's your point?

Just saying that what Bob Richards (or whoever it was) was saying that it didn't matter because we didn't score and the chances of us winning were zero. If he pitched a shutout we could have won in OT. Not blaming him for not pitching a shutout, just technically he was wrong.

NYRANGERAMI*

I love your posts. Ya keep things positive. Hope the team is as well, as we should too.

Hahahhaha...keep the faith...I like the one thing our coach said after the game..they made mistakes we didnt make them pay...we made mistakes they made us pay... and i yell on these boards all the time during the game...make them pay!!!!!...we can win this series ..i really have no doubts...but we have to make them pay... Lets say we got all our PP goals during this series with the Pens..with just 6-33 we'd be up 3-0 in the series...i know its coulda, shoulda, woulda...but im not talking about that really...what im saying is ...moving forward...we gotta dig deep and find a way to make them pay...we just must...if we do..we will win...so its up to the players to decide what they want to do....LGR!!!!!!!!!!

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Hank wasn't great tonight but when your goalie gives up 2 goals or less in 95% of the playoff games like he has, the team should be able to win most of them. Problem is the Rangers lack of scoring makes it almost impossible to win if Hank gives up 2 or more goals(hell he let in 2 in the last 2 games and they lost both)

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Just saying that what Bob Richards (or whoever it was) was saying that it didn't matter because we didn't score and the chances of us winning were zero. If he pitched a shutout we could have won in OT. Not blaming him for not pitching a shutout, just technically he was wrong.

I still don't see your point, unless you are saying that in the fifth overtime that a Penguin might knock it into his own net.

NYRANGERAMI*

Hank wasn't great tonight but when your goalie gives up 2 goals or less in 95% of the playoff games like he has, the team should be able to win most of them. Problem is the Rangers lack of scoring makes it almost impossible to win if Hank gives up 2 or more goals(hell he let in 2 in the last 2 games and they lost both)

:laugh: ....i agree...were asking him to do super natural things now on these boards... save everything or your toast Lundy.... :laugh: .... only 2 goals each game ... scoring just minimal on PP we win both.. we need to start lighting it up ..score 4 or 5...LGR!!!!!!

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Crawford is the most underrated goalie in the league the guy is good...and both of them just got on another level a level hank hasn't been at

Neither MAF nor Crawford are as good as Lundqvist.

Unlike Lundqvist, they have (or have had in the past) much better teams in front of them. They are also built differently.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
The worst part about this team is that they keep fooling me into thinking they're talented just before they turn into a disaster once again. I'm not usually gullible but this team plays me time and time again.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I have seen some of the posters here make fun of the knowledge of the fan bases of other teams.

And here we have these same posters complaining about their goaltender while the rest of the team just broke an NHL record for most consecutive power play attempts without a goal.

None of you should ever make fun of those other "ignorant" fans.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I still don't see your point, unless you are saying that in the fifth overtime that a Penguin might knock it into his own net.

The point is that if he didn't give the 2 goals up a Ranger could have scored in OT. I'm not blaming him for the loss, just "there's no chance we win this even if Lundqvist didn't give up those 2 goals" is wrong.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
If you have to do that, you probably aren't winning anything.

You can't rely on your goalie to get a shut out every game. And that's what's he would've had to do the past 2 games seeing as the Rangers have been shut out in both of them.

Yup. It happened last year against the Caps and we ended up losing 1-0 in OT. All it did was delay the inevitable.

Not to mention that teams have been coming back left and right in the 3rd in this playoffs. A two goal deficit is hardly insurmountable - Pitt was blowing leads against Columbus in the first round.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was so pissed I called my Pens fan cousin and said "congrats on winning the ****ing series" and hung up. He talks **** all the time and even he tried to make me feel better. He said it's going 7. My ass. We might win one more game this series. Maybe.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I have seen some of the posters here make fun of the knowledge of the fan bases of other teams.

And here we have these same posters complaining about their goaltender while the rest of the team just broke an NHL record for most consecutive power play attempts without a goal.

None of you should ever make fun of those other "ignorant" fans.
Well they broke the record for embellishment calls in a game too, so there's that.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The point is that if he didn't give the 2 goals up a Ranger could have scored in OT. I'm not blaming him for the loss, just "there's no chance we win this even if Lundqvist didn't give up those 2 goals" is wrong.

You can rephrase that 100 different ways.

If Zuccarello doesn't backpass to no one and sends a player off on a breakaway.

If coverage was up to snuff on the other one, there is no breakaway.

But why bother.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

I think the point is more that we'll win zero games where we don't score as opposed to Lundqvist giving up a goal or two. Our goalie isn't the problem

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I was so pissed I called my Pens fan cousin and said "congrats on winning the ****ing series" and hung up. He talks **** all the time and even he tried to make me feel better. He said it's going 7. My ass. We might win one more game this series. Maybe.

I worry about the Pens playing much better Wednesday night, game was there to take tonight, and the Rangers looked like crap. Pens did sit back in the 3rd with the two goal lead which was a smart move because the Rangers are basically incompetent if they go into the 3rd trailing even by 1 goal.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
You can rephrase that 100 different ways.

If Zuccarello doesn't backpass to no one and sends a player off on a breakaway.

If coverage was up to snuff on the other one, there is no breakaway.

But why bother.

I blame Richards more than Zukes on that. No reason for him to be 5' in on the blue line there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad