Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
It doesn't matter. Even if we somehow claw back and win (it'll be in 7, no way we win 3 straight), we'll be in the same spot we were in 2 years ago. Back to back game 7s in the first 2 rounds. The team will be so beat up and tired that they'll get romped, especially if it's the Bruins.

AHB*

Hank shouldn't have re signed here.

Such a tragic story for a such a good player.....

Oh how tragic to make 8.5 million per year for the next 8 years!

There are lot of things that are tragic on this planet, Henrik Lundqvist making tens of millions of dollars playing in a massive hockey market in the greatest league in the world is not one of them.

While Lundqvist hasn't been the problem the last two games, where was he last series with these efforts.

If he plays like he did yesterday maybe that series is over in 5 or at least 6.

While he can't be blamed for the back to back losses here, he can CERTAINLY take partial blame for their lack of rest.

Win as a team, lose as a team, Hank doesn't get a free pass since his mediocre performance last round is not helping their case today.

As was clear, this team has far to many holes, especially when the guys filling those holes, can't even produce at a 3rd liners pace.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Oh how tragic to make 8.5 million per year for the next 8 years!

There are lot of things that are tragic on this planet, Henrik Lundqvist making tens of millions of dollars playing in a massive hockey market in the greatest league in the world is not one of them.

While Lundqvist hasn't been the problem the last two games, where was he last series with these efforts.

If he plays like he did yesterday maybe that series is over in 5 or at least 6.

While he can't be blamed for the back to back losses here, he can CERTAINLY take partial blame for their lack of rest.

Win as a team, lose as a team, Hank doesn't get a free pass since his mediocre performance last round is not helping their case today.

As was clear, this team has far to many holes, especially when the guys filling those holes, can't even produce at a 3rd liners pace.

I have no idea what Mint's stance is. In another thread he said the Rangers were elite.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
That loss hurt but it's not even close to being over, I have faith we will win Wed.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Anyone have stats on faceoffs in offensive zone? It must be disastrous.... Has Brassard won a single faceoff in offensive zone these playoffs?

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
I find it funny people say it is only a matter of time before Sid scored but no one says that about Nash. I was so excited when we got this guy, I'm don' think I have ever been this disappointed with a player we traded for in my history of being a fan (early 80's).

Maybe I just expected too much from this guy.

AHB*

I have no idea what Mint's stance is. In another thread he said the Rangers were elite.

They're a good team with significant holes. Ones that very few teams, if ever, overcome.

And they certainly don't overcome them with their Mock #1 Center and MIA #1LW/RW completely acting like Caspers out there.

While Nash has been frustrating, he at least is trying to make things happen, even with two guys on him.

Stepan has botched so many glorious chances, I would honestly consider putting him on the 4th line and moving D. Moore up to his spot. He is easily the player I am most frustrated with these playoffs. He has been, in every single sense of the word, awful.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This game is all on Zucc. That turnover...... Cost the game.

Well, the second goal certainly was on him. When the PP is about to expire, you NEED to get it deep. No reason to make that awkward spin move and force a bad pass back. That's not a good play with a full PP and it's an absolutely atrocious one with the PP set to expire. Considering we just got scored on a play like that the other night, he should've been more mindful of the situation. He had room to get the puck deep, that's what he should've done.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They're a good team with significant holes. Ones that very few teams, if ever, overcome.

And they certainly don't overcome them with their Mock #1 Center and MIA #1LW/RW completely acting like Caspers out there.

While Nash has been frustrating, he at least is trying to make things happen, even with two guys on him.

Stepan has botched so many glorious chances, I would honestly consider putting him on the 4th line and moving D. Moore up to his spot. He is easily the player I am most frustrated with these playoffs. He has been, in every single sense of the word, awful.

He was pretty good in the Flyers series I thought. I feel like he can't play in a tight checking game and he seems to botch the few opportunities he has, like he's choking. Same **** his whole career.

AHB*

Also, I thought the Rangers were the better team tonight. Hitting 3 or 4 posts and outshooting a team by 20 shots is usually a recipe for success.

2 Fluke breakaways for Pitt that they capitalized on.

Rangers were good tonight, just need the puck luck to go their way. It will if they play like they did tonight.

AHB*

Lol, blaming Zucc. Richards skates in Mud at the point. Sure Zucc should be more aware, but Richards and whoever was at the other point should have been aware of the PP ending. You are tought from the second you lace up skates to be aware of the end of power plays and pucks slipping out of the zone.

it's a basic fundamental. Sure Zucc is easy to blame, but I'll give him a pass, since he's trying to make things happen.

Same can't be said for about half of our forwards or more.

Zucc had our best chances tonight. Fleury robbed him glove side and he hit a post or two.

Easily our best forward tonight.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Also, I thought the Rangers were the better team tonight. Hitting 3 or 4 posts and outshooting a team by 20 shots is usually a recipe for success.

2 Fluke breakaways for Pitt that they capitalized on.

Rangers were good tonight, just need the puck luck to go their way. It will if they play like they did tonight.

I think the Penguins looked embarrassingly bad for playing a team that's playing 5 games in 7 nights. Until the 3rd we had more jump and in the 3rd it was just a pathetic display both ways but their 1 shot or so is definitely not what legendary playoff performances are made of. They'll get killed by Boston.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hopefully they can recharge the batteries and come out hard Wednesday. This schedule is really starting to bother me. 5 in 7 days in the playoffs is just unfair. I don't care what conflicts there were, it's just plain unfair for them to end their previous series in back to back games and then have one day off before game 1 and then games 2 and 3 be back to backs in the next series. Unfair is the word. Sure, Pitt has to deal with it in this series, but they didn't just play a back to back game 6 and 7 in their last series and if their series had gone 7, it wouldn't have been back to back with 6. It's not an excuse, it's just unfair to the Rangers. You work all season to get to the playoffs and then there's a schedule for your team that immediately puts you at a disadvantage. And don't say "we should've ended our series with Philly before 7" sure in a perfect world, but the schedule in that series was all messed up too. Games 6 and 7 of that series shouldn't have been back to backs either.

I just don't like it. There should be at least one day between all playoff games, it's only fair.

So let's hope the day off give them much needed rest, because Pitt is going to be rested too and they're 99% going to have a better game in game 4. We need to come out hard and get an early goal on Fleury. Don't let him get a feel for the puck, no easy unscreened shots to let him get into his groove.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Lol, blaming Zucc. Richards skates in Mud at the point. Sure Zucc should be more aware, but Richards and whoever was at the other point should have been aware of the PP ending. You are tought from the second you lace up skates to be aware of the end of power plays and pucks slipping out of the zone.

it's a basic fundamental. Sure Zucc is easy to blame, but I'll give him a pass, since he's trying to make things happen.

Same can't be said for about half of our forwards or more.

Zucc had our best chances tonight. Fleury robbed him glove side and he hit a post or two.

Easily our best forward tonight.

I agree he was good tonight, but on that play he made the wrong decision. I'm sure anyone at the point in that situation would've assumed Zuc was going to get the puck deep. He had the space to and he looked like he was going to, before that awkward spin and pass. It doesn't matter how slow Richards is, that was a poor decision by Zucc. I'm not blaming the loss on him, that was just a bad play.

AHB*

I agree he was good tonight, but on that play he made the wrong decision. I'm sure anyone at the point in that situation would've assumed Zuc was going to get the puck deep. He had the space to and he looked like he was going to, before that awkward spin and pass. It doesn't matter how slow Richards is, that was a poor decision by Zucc. I'm not blaming the loss on him, that was just a bad play.

I'm not going to nitpick one bad play. But that play, as much as it was his fault, was also others as well. It wasn't solely on him. Richards was completely out of position as was McD or Girardi, whoever was on the other point.

Regardless, I don't think this series is over. Get the next one and then go into Pitt tied. Anything can happen.

Rangers have outplayed them in 2 of 3 games thus far. The results don't show it, but I think they're rather evenly matched.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
5 days in 7 games is practically inhumane. But I'll settle for unfair. The main board had like 75% of people say "well finish the series in fewer than 7 games". Well this is the first time in 25 years that a team faced a schedule like this, how many teams played 7 games? Yeah you should get some more rest if you finish in 6 games, but playing a ridiculously grueling schedule because of the "crime" of playing 7 games against a good team is stupid.

Last edited:

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
5 days in 7 games is practically inhumane. But I'll settle for unfair. The main board had like 75% of people say "well finish the series in fewer than 7 games". Well this is the first time in 25 years that a team faced a schedule like this, how many teams playing 7 game. Yeah you should get some more rest if you finish in 6 games, but playing a ridiculously grueling schedule because of the "crime" of playing 7 games against a good team is stupid.

Yeah this. The whole finish it in less than 7 garbage. No team should have to play 5 in 7 regardless.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Oh Lord, I completely screwed up the math there. Of course I know we won the Cup in 1940. What a horrible mistake. Not an age thing, just a total brain fart.

So 2 Cups in 80 years

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
5 days in 7 games is practically inhumane. But I'll settle for unfair. The main board had like 75% of people say "well finish the series in fewer than 7 games". Well this is the first time in 25 years that a team faced a schedule like this, how many teams played 7 games? Yeah you should get some more rest if you finish in 6 games, but playing a ridiculously grueling schedule because of the "crime" of playing 7 games against a good team is stupid.

The problem with the finish it in less than 7 games argument is the Kings and Wild didn't get the shaft with the schedule, and they had 7 games and ended the same night as us.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The problem with the finish it in less than 7 games argument is the Kings and Wild didn't get the shaft with the schedule, and they had 7 games and ended the same night as us.

And every team of the last 25 years. Since when is finishing in 7 games a crime? The league should encourage if anything, more money in their pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad