Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
How are people blaming Hank lol, this team hasn't scored a ****ing goal in 120 minutes. Hank could have given up 20 goals in the past 2 games cause we can't ****ing score.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
at the end of the day, zero goals wins you zero games. i've always maintained that if you can score three, Hank will win the game for you. Rarely lets more than 2 goals against.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
I have seen some of the posters here make fun of the knowledge of the fan bases of other teams.

And here we have these same posters complaining about their goaltender while the rest of the team just broke an NHL record for most consecutive power play attempts without a goal.

None of you should ever make fun of those other "ignorant" fans.
For real. Talk about overreactions. Lundqvist has been left out to dry and did all he could to keep us in it the last 2 days.

Apparently people here think we should win every game 0-0.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I blame Richards more than Zukes on that. No reason for him to be 5' in on the blue line there.

Sorry. Blind backpasses that don't connect and cause breakaways are always the fault of the one making the blind pass.

If Nash had made that pass, this forum would have freaked out.

Zucc has played so-so this series, but that was his fault.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hank shouldn't have re signed here.

Such a tragic story for a such a good player.....

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
The point is allowing two goals against the Penguins should not be a death sentence for this team. I think the Rangers are the only team in these playoffs that get and stay "deflated" when they go down a goal. In the Columbus series no team could hold a two or three goal lead but suddenly Fleury is a riddle that can't be solved.

How many leads have been coughed up in the playoffs? Two and three goal leads vanish just like that. Last time the Rangers came back from trailing was in the very first game when the Flyers scored early in the first period. Kudos.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
The point is allowing two goals against the Penguins should not be a death sentence for this team. I think the Rangers are the only team in these playoffs that get and stay "deflated" when they go down a goal. In the Columbus series no team could hold a two or three goal lead but suddenly Fleury is a riddle that can't be solved.

How many leads have been coughed up in the playoffs? Two and three goal leads vanish just like that. Last time the Rangers came back from trailing was in the very first game when the Flyers scored early in the first period. Kudos.

It really is a telling sign. Also, it's not like the Rangers completely lack talent. It just makes no sense...

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
A win Wednesday and all is well. They weren't nearly as bad tonight as many people are claiming they were. What did we hit, 3 posts tonight? Going back to Pitt 2-2 after two complete duds wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

Oh, and **** Rick Nash.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Maybe I should try that. Although a part of me enjoys the nonsense because it makes my *****ing seem like optimism.

Ignore honestly doesn't do much, because the people you really want to ignore say ridiculous things the elicit quoted responses from everyone that doesn't have them on their ignore list.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I blame Richards more than Zukes on that. No reason for him to be 5' in on the blue line there.

Blame can go either way I guess, but give credit to Zucc. In the post game interview he totally put the blame on himself for that play. Guy cares and has class. can't say that for everyone on this team

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
The pens players wants it more it seems..

Some of our guys wants to go golfing it seems...

Stepan has always stunk and under delivered in the play off's..Hags too..

pjr86

May 6, 2014
Pens fan here, don't mean to troll or anything, but it seems to me like the Rangers are missing a major offensive threat on the blue line... NYR forwards have carried the play for major sections of this series, but they seem to fall apart when it depends on their defensemen keeping the play alive or providing offensive threats.

Case in point, remaining playoff teams, defensemen playoff totals:

ANA: 2 G, 8 A, 4 PPP
BOS: 7 G, 13 A, 7 PPP
CHI: 6 G, 23 A, 6 PPP
LA: 5 G, 17 A, 8 PPP
MIN: 6 G, 8 A, 2 PPP
MTL: 4 G, 14 A, 2 PPP
NYR: 2 G, 8 A, 0 PPP
PIT: 5 G, 20 A, 10 PPP

... Not sure if that is an indictment of individual players or the system, but it's no secret that NYR defensemen are asked to block a lot of shots, which probably doesn't attract too many offensive-minded defensemen.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Pens fan here, don't mean to troll or anything, but it seems to me like the Rangers are missing a major offensive threat on the blue line... NYR forwards have carried the play for major sections of this series, but they seem to fall apart when it depends on their defensemen keeping the play alive or providing offensive threats.

Case in point, remaining playoff teams, defensemen playoff totals:

ANA: 2 G, 8 A, 4 PPP
BOS: 7 G, 13 A, 7 PPP
CHI: 6 G, 23 A, 6 PPP
LA: 5 G, 17 A, 8 PPP
MIN: 6 G, 8 A, 2 PPP
MTL: 4 G, 14 A, 2 PPP
NYR: 2 G, 8 A, 0 PPP
PIT: 5 G, 20 A, 10 PPP

... Not sure if that is an indictment of individual players or the system, but it's no secret that NYR defensemen are asked to block a lot of shots, which probably doesn't attract too many offensive-minded defensemen.

Well our best offensive defenseman is playing injured so we now have no weapon from the point. Also, they're not "asked to block a lot of shots" anymore. Well these playoffs they have, but that's not their main strategy like it was under Torts. They play a different style now and have carried the play in a good 7 of 10 playoff games. I have no idea why they still block a lot of shots. They used to be a team that lived in their zone and blocked a lot of shots, for some reason they block a lot of shots these playoffs (I think they were #1 even before the Penguins series), but they have the puck a lot now usually, I don't know why they still block so many shots.

Last edited:

pjr86

May 6, 2014
Well our best offensive defenseman is injured so we now have no weapon from the point. Also, they're not "asked to block a lot of shots" anymore. Well these playoffs they have, but that's not their main strategy like it was under Torts. They play a different style now and have carried the play in a good 7 of 10 playoff games. I have no idea why they still block a lot of shots. They used to be a team that lived in their zone and blocked a lot of shots, for some reason they block a lot of shots these playoffs (I think they were #1 even before the Penguins series), but they have the puck a lot now usually, I don't know why they still block so many shots.

Interesting... I honestly didn't watch too much of AV's Rangers in the regular season, I just know that they blocked a lot under Torts, and they lead the playoffs now, so I assumed.

Either way, the series is far from over. The Penguins got their share of bounces in games 2 & 3... if there is one thing they do consistently, it's take stupid penalties, so I would have to imagine the Rangers PP gets on the board at some point. Although Crosby appears to have woken up as well...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Interesting... I honestly didn't watch too much of AV's Rangers in the regular season, I just know that they blocked a lot under Torts, and they lead the playoffs now, so I assumed.

Either way, the series is far from over. The Penguins got their share of bounces in games 2 & 3... if there is one thing they do consistently, it's take stupid penalties, so I would have to imagine the Rangers PP gets on the board at some point. Although Crosby appears to have woken up as well...

When the Rangers played against the Senators, Caps, and Devils in 2012, especially the Senators all they did was block shots. They would play 80% of the game in their zone, it would be like one long penalty kill where they blocked a lot of shots. The Rangers honestly carried the play in every game but game 6 against the Flyers and carried the play today, though got their ***** handed to them in possession in games 1 and 2, especially game 2 (game 1 wasn't bad except for the 2nd period).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad