Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
All this talk on Zuc making a bad play, Nash to find the net..while the whole time no one has mentioned a word about St. Louis? He's been invisible...Thought Zuc played well tonight, and Nash is surely getting his chances especially with the attention from the other team he's getting. But St. Louis?? Jesus take him off the power play, id rather Boyle or Carcillo in front of the net taking up space, i don't think i've seen MSL win a battle down low on the PP in these playoffs. Very frustrating.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Missed this due to work. Were they as listless as being shut out two nights on a row seems to indicate?

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Missed this due to work. Were they as listless as being shut out two nights on a row seems to indicate?

They kept hitting posts and crossbars actually. The effort was there, but the lack of finish was unacceptable.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I thought they were a lot better than they were in game 2. In fact the Penguins were more listless, they just caught us on 3 breakaways, scored on 2 (one was more of a partial breakaway). Otherwise they didn't do **** either. We controlled the play and the PP IMO was the best its been since game 1 or 2 of the Flyers series. They had a 4 minute PP and hit the post twice. Hit it another time. They were just not very lucky. That said they still got shutout by MAF, ugh.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They kept hitting posts and crossbars actually. The effort was there, but the lack of finish was unacceptable.

Do you honestly think that hitting a post an inch off is because they "couldn't finish"? Honestly, it's such a small difference that at that point it's luck.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Sounds like bad puck luck. They'll go to Pittsburgh tied if they have another game like tonight, I hope.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sounds like bad puck luck. They'll go to Pittsburgh tied if they have another game like tonight, I hope.

Honestly, if I'm a Penguins fan I'm not encouraged by their showing tonight. They had 3 days off before playing 3 games in 4 night, we had 5 games in 7 nights and we had more jump. They honestly looked more tired than us and the 3rd period was utterly unwatchable except for one nice play by Zucc that got saved. The Pens have 1 shot I think in the 3rd. That team would get demolished again by Boston and might even lose to Montreal.

RothmanHockey

On the off chance you guys want to read more about that game, here's my story on Inside Hockey:

NEW YORK – That the Rangers were able to survive past the first round against the Flyers with a non-functioning special teams unit speaks more about their first-round opponent than it does about themselves.

They’re not going to get so lucky this time. The Rangers power play is now 0-for-its-last-34 opportunities, while the penalty kill has been a not-good-enough 76% in the postseason.

http://insidehockey.com/rangers-being-undone-by-special-teams

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
Do you honestly think that hitting a post an inch off is because they "couldn't finish"? Honestly, it's such a small difference that at that point it's luck.

No it actually IS shooter's error. Anyone who plays hockey knows that it's his own fault he hit the post (leaving out a deflection en-route or whatever). The shooter didn't aim the shot well enough. It's not like he aimed it perfectly and some mysterious force (luck) blew it off course.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
All this talk on Zuc making a bad play, Nash to find the net..while the whole time no one has mentioned a word about St. Louis? He's been invisible...Thought Zuc played well tonight, and Nash is surely getting his chances especially with the attention from the other team he's getting. But St. Louis?? Jesus take him off the power play, id rather Boyle or Carcillo in front of the net taking up space, i don't think i've seen MSL win a battle down low on the PP in these playoffs. Very frustrating.

Agree. Diaz on the PP was nice, but lord, get Girardi away from it.'

Frustrating loss.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
We win Game 4 and this goes to 7. The crazy schedule eases off. It's not over. But if we lose on Wednesday, it's golf season. I'm torn.

I know blaming Lundqvist is what some of you do, but this time it's actually sad. Like genuinely sad. I feel sorry for the venom you feel for a great goalie that actually do love us and NY.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No it actually IS shooter's error. Anyone who plays hockey knows that it's his own fault he hit the post (leaving out a deflection en-route or whatever). The shooter didn't aim the shot well enough. It's not like he aimed it perfectly and some mysterious force (luck) blew it off course.

Are you seriously telling me that they're aiming within one inch with an NHL goalie in net? You're not shooting at an empty net, you have little room to shoot at, you're not aiming it to the inch, it's not like it's a friggin layup. It's mostly luck.

richardsequalscup*

Face it, Rick Nash and Derek Stepan suck in the playoffs. When your first line center and wing suck in the playoffs, you aren't beating anybody good. If you look at all the top teams, their best players are contributing. Nash and Stepan generally do nothing. Time to ship them out and change the entire first line. Make it Kreider, St. Louis and and somebody else.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
The good thing is we're only down 1 game. I guarantee we will score at least two goals in each of our remaining games. Tie it up Wednesday, come out flying Friday. We can do this! Put the puck at the net and preferably high glove side. Fleury is going to miss a few of those.

LGR!

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Face it, Rick Nash and Derek Stepan suck in the playoffs. When your first line center and wing suck in the playoffs, you aren't beating anybody good. If you look at all the top teams, their best players are contributing. Nash and Stepan generally do nothing. Time to ship them out and change the entire first line. Make it Kreider, St. Louis and and somebody else.

Or you know hang on to the 23 year old 1st line center we have

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
**** off with the booing. if you can't support them at their worst, you don't deserve them at their best

Agreed 100 %.
The booing it's like the opposite of confidence building. You are supposed to boo the other team and their players.

They all are tired from a sick schedule. The Pens is much more rested.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Are you seriously telling me that they're aiming within one inch with an NHL goalie in net? You're not shooting at an empty net, you have little room to shoot at, you're not aiming it to the inch, it's not like it's a friggin layup. It's mostly luck.

Yeah, but an inch the other way and you miss the net completely. It's the Gordon Bombay rule, and the exact reason you're not allowed to 'complain' about hitting the post.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Anything short of a stanley cup sweep and this team is garbage apparently

That's what happens when the top offensive players on the team consistently underperform in the playoffs. I don't believe tanking is a solid strategy and the way our assets are set up we couldn't do it if we wanted to. That said, if this is as much as our current group of veterans can give us, then we need to re-tool.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
To be honest I'm very worried. I think we're done guys. Pittsburgh played that bad and still beat us. What's going to happen when they step up their game? I think it's over in 5. The first goal will be huge IMO next game, if Pitt gets it, especially early I think it could get ugly fast, fans will start to turn on the team.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
To be honest I'm very worried. I think we're done guys. Pittsburgh played that bad and still beat us. What's going to happen when they step up their game? I think it's over in 5. The first goal will be huge IMO next game, if Pitt gets it, especially early I think it could get ugly fast, fans will start to turn on the team.

"fans". Whats the point in supporting a team if you're only going to back them when they are winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad