Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The NHL Network stated that this is the first time in NHL history that a team has gotten two consecutive playoff shutouts on two consecutive nights...

...of course it is.

There's another NHL record the Rangers are on the wrong end of. :facepalm:

bmw2004

Mar 8, 2006
Brooklyn, N.Y.
People are ****ing dreaming here. If this powerless powerplay doesn't change dramatically next game they are done!!!! Our best players don't score goals. Who are we depend on? Carcillo? :shakehead

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
"fans". Whats the point in supporting a team if you're only going to back them when they are winning

Fans, yeah they aren't allowed to be critical of their team, God forbid. Give them a standing ovation when they go 0 for 35 or whatever the streak is at now.

Last edited:

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
"fans". Whats the point in supporting a team if you're only going to back them when they are winning

What's the point of paying $150 for limited view seats to watch players who don't look like they're putting effort in? Play hard, skate hard, hit hard and the fans will be behind the team even if they fall behind. Coast around like Rick Nash or lead the Penguins in assists like Zuccarello and the fans will lose interest or voice their displeasure.

Last edited:

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Fans, yeah they aren't allowed to be critical of their team, God forbid. Give them a standing ovation when they go 0 for 35 or whatever the streak is at now.

It's fine to be critical, its another to be entirely hateful towards players every single game. Not saying you are, but a lot of posters here tend to go on a less than constructive posting spree when the team is struggling.

I'm pretty sure that the players themselves understand that going on this long a PP streak is acceptable. And I am also fairly sure that they are doing their best to resolve whatver is troubling their consistency.

It was great earlier in the season, this is all in their heads now. In their heads and this completely FUBAR schedule. With the effort and push they put up in the 2nd period, the third period they must have been running on fumes, no wonder they werent jumping

surGeon

Mar 4, 2011
Everybody ****ing relax. The Rangers dominated the game and played well apart from a few crucial mistakes.

This fanbase.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Couple of disturbing trends:

Outside of game 7, the second periods have been disaster. How do you not play 60 minutes in a playoff game?

Their 3rd period play is completely depended on what the score is. If they're behind, their compete level isn't there.

tbonenc*

I didn't expect the Rangers to win this series, and they are proving my belief.
Hank has been fine. But, we ate up a huge amount of the cap with his new contract. Is he worth it? Not when you look at some of the goalies that have won Cups lately. Teams win with average goalies who get hot in the playoffs. We could use some of that Hank money to sign a true center.

We have a core of guys to build around, but we need a true 1C and some big, aggressive wingers who aren't afraid to go to the net. We need to keep D. Moore, Boyle, Poo, Kreider, Mac, Girardi, Staal, Klein.

Nash and MSL are going to be here, like it or not.

Here, IMO, are guys that are expendable.
-Hagelin, Stepan, Stralman, John Moore, Zucc, Brassard.
Yes, there are some good players there, but last I checked, other teams aren't giving away their players for free. Zucc is a tough one, but he brings good value in a trade.

The MSL deal is proving to be a bad one. MSL for Cally and a second would have been acceptable, but to give away a first and, what now looks like a second, was asinine.

Frankly, its maddening watching our team possess the puck around the perimeter with nobody in the middle to finish.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I like Diaz. He is much more responsible than john moore and he had a nice shot. Even though we didn't score on the PP he actually made it look halfway decent

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
The NHL Network stated that this is the first time in NHL history that a team has gotten two consecutive playoff shutouts on two consecutive nights...

...of course it is.

Other than the little fact that the Rangers did it to the capitals last season...

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Maybe if the crowd boos Nash enough his feelings will get hurt and he'll demand to be traded. Best case scenario since this team isn't winning crap with that loser as the offensive centerpiece.

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
The crappy power play is probably another thing we can hang on the crappy schedule. The main reason the PP stunk with Torts was lack of practice. They never practiced enough to where it looked natural. During the regular season this year they practiced it a lot and it showed. Much snappier passing and shooting. Now it's the playoffs and they've barely had time to practice and you can see how much slower the PP has gotten. Just like with Torts you can practically hear them thinking about each play.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Here, IMO, are guys that are expendable.
-Hagelin, Stepan, Stralman, John Moore, Zucc, Brassard.
Yes, there are some good players there, but last I checked, other teams aren't giving away their players for free. Zucc is a tough one, but he brings good value in a trade.

What is the reasoning for trading away a +60p 3rd/2nd line 27 yo (next season) winger ? What exactly would the upgrade be

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Couple of disturbing trends:

Outside of game 7, the second periods have been disaster. How do you not play 60 minutes in a playoff game?

Their 3rd period play is completely depended on what the score is. If they're behind, their compete level isn't there.

Yep. This team has shown nothing to indicate that they can win 3 of the next 4. If anything they've shown that they can't or won't elevate their game in the playoffs, which means its probably most likely that they drop the next 2 or 2 out of 3.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
We need Del Zotto and Gaborik to come back for those Brady to Moss passes.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Season is not over yet. We're better on the road. We will win 2 on the road plus 1 of the remaining home games. Have faith.

However, we need to get rid of Nash because we need players who contribute in the play offs. I have seen enough regular season-stars on this team in recent years.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Everybody ****ing relax. The Rangers dominated the game and played well apart from a few crucial mistakes.

This fanbase.

6 periods staight with no goals scored is not acceptable. This fanbase. If they weren't so accepting of mediocrity maybe change for the better would actually happen.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Shut out TWICE IN TWO NIGHTS AGAINST FLEURY. Wtf. Sick of this team and it's typical ******** every year and a never ending vacuum of mediocrity and suckage in playoffs

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
Devils fan here, not coming to be a thorn.

Just watching some of the offensive struggles and yes, guys like Nash and MSL need to productive for you guys to be successful duh...but what I don't see is enough transition coming from the back end. Is the weak link right now the Rangers D, in terms of skating/passing ability.

McD is relied on so much for his offensive instincts, getting that first pass off, etc - but if he's injured (and he's at the least banged up) and he has zero points in 10 games - this is the crux of the issue.

Yeah Girardi is useful in that sense, can get off some passes but McD is the engine back there and he's sputtering a little bit.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I don't blame AV for playing fresh bodies . Diaz should stay in. Pray kreider is healthy and cones out flying . Lines need mixing

AHB*

Devils fan here, not coming to be a thorn.

Just watching some of the offensive struggles and yes, guys like Nash and MSL need to productive for you guys to be successful duh...but what I don't see is enough transition coming from the back end. Is the weak link right now the Rangers D, in terms of skating/passing ability.

McD is relied on so much for his offensive instincts, getting that first pass off, etc - but if he's injured (and he's at the least banged up) and he has zero points in 10 games - this is the crux of the issue.

Yeah Girardi is useful in that sense, can get off some passes but McD is the engine back there and he's sputtering a little bit.

What do Devil's fans know about offense?

McD is clearly playing injured. We watched him be a Norris level player all season. Thanks for your great input though.

I like Diaz. He is much more responsible than john moore and he had a nice shot. Even though we didn't score on the PP he actually made it look halfway decent

Diaz should have been in from the start of the first series.

6 periods staight with no goals scored is not acceptable. This fanbase. If they weren't so accepting of mediocrity maybe change for the better would actually happen.

Yes, because the fan base controls anything with this team. Laughable that anyone wouldn't think such a thing.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012

...of course it is.

any idea what's the longest streak in the playoffs? How many minutes is the longest so far? I hope we're going for the record, but this team has been half-assing things all season, so we'll probably score 5 in the first period Wednesday.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
What do Devil's fans know about offense?

McD is clearly playing injured. We watched him be a Norris level player all season. Thanks or your great input though.

Diaz should have been in from the start of the first series.

Yes, because the fan base controls anything with this team. Laughable that anyone wouldn't think such a thing.

If fans stopped attending and the team started losing money, changes would be made. Its laughable to think otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad