Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers |Game 3| 5/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
He is the best REGULAR SEASON goalie in this franchise's history. I'll never forget those magical post season runs Mike Richter gave us. Lundqvist? He can't even string together 2 good playoff games in a row, let alone win a cup.

Let me ask you a question...what has Lundqvist done for us? A bunch of 2nd round exits? I think we could have done that with a mediocre goaltender, don't you?

He gets paid BIG BUCKS to win games like tonight and he failed...AGAIN. Forgive me for not being in awe of him the way you are.

So basically what you are saying is that Ritcher who in his time in the playoffs
89-90- Lost in the Second Round
90-91- Lost in the First Round
91-92- Lost in the Second Round
92-93..... whoops
93-94- Cup
94-95 Lost in the second Round
95-96 Lost in the second round
96-97 Lost in the third round

Total: 76 Games and a 41-33 record

seems like he got bounced in the second round a lot too.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Series isn't over... Still got a game at home and that's certainly winnable. Can't jump onto other bandwagons yet, c'mon. Every game is a new game. Hopefully it takes one goal to set this team off.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Anyone know what events are happening at the Pens arena? It's pretty established MSG does't have a whole lot going on this month.

Lady Gaga on the 8th and Chelsea Handler on the 10th.

Nothing that absolutely forced a back to back.

Supposedly the reason the game yesterday was a night game rather than in the afternoon was the Pittsburgh Marathon.

NYRANGERAMI*

"We have to dig deeper..it's first to four wins..this is definitely not over"- @HLundqvist30
#NYRPlayoffs

Now thats what you have to say...LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Anybody just see the clip MSG just had of Kreider shooting the puck? If his hand was fully healed his legs and hitting would def give the rest of this series a little different feel.

Cobra Jack*

Thank you.

I'm not sold on Lundqvist being the Ranger goalie to lift the Cup, and in some ways, a point could be made that Lundqvist's money might be better spent on a forward, but some of the Richter revisionist history is revolting.

What revision? Winning a cup?

The 1997 Rangers were garbage and Richter carried them to the ECF that year. In 1994 he went the distance and won the cup for us. Lundqvist has ONE ecf under his belt that he BARELY achived by the team winning 2 game 7 series in 2012.

I don't see a comparsion between him and Richter in the playoffs. Richter will always be regarded higher than Lundqvist, that's a fact.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
So basically what you are saying is that Ritcher who in his time in the playoffs
89-90- Lost in the Second Round
90-91- Lost in the First Round
91-92- Lost in the Second Round
92-93..... whoops
93-94- Cup
94-95 Lost in the second Round
95-96 Lost in the second round
96-97 Lost in the third round

Total: 76 Games and a 41-33 record

seems like he got bounced in the second round a lot too.

It doesn't matter.. did you see the cup run? He was unconscious... he has a cup hank doesn't.. hank isn't the better goalie

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL

The 1997 Rangers were garbage and Richter carried them to the ECF that year. In 1994 he went the distance and won the cup for us. Lundqvist has ONE ecf under his belt that he BARELY achived by the team winning 2 game 7 series in 2012.

I don't see a comparsion between him and Richter in the playoffs. Richter will always be regarded higher than Lundqvist, that's a fact.

HE went the distance or did the TEAM?

Oh, and it's funny the 97 team was garbage to support your argument. But what about the Rangers teams from 05 to now? Garbage? Cup Contenders?

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012

So you want us to omit players like Zubov, Leetch, Gtretzky, Messier, Kovalev, Graves just so you can make a point of some sort?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Hank carried a team that could barely score 2 goals a game to game 6 of the ECF.

Meanwhile Richter had an all-time great cast of characters in front of him.

Cobra Jack*

"We have to dig deeper..it's first to four wins..this is definitely not over"- @HLundqvist30
#NYRPlayoffs

Now thats what you have to say...LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start showing it on the ice, Hank. That Crosby goal was junk tonight. He has no angle and you let him beat you 5 hole (the only place he had to shoot). Then you came up small on the JOKE-inin breakaway and failed to keep us in the game. Bad game, dude.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Start showing it on the ice, Hank. That Crosby goal was junk tonight. He has no angle and you let him beat you 5 hole (the only place he had to shoot). Then you came up small on the JOKE-inin breakaway and failed to keep us in the game. Bad game, dude.

You are aware the team hasn't scored a goal in 120 minutes?

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary

You're a real hoot. The absurdity of your argument is something to behold, though I would rather not have to.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
So the Rangers haven't scored in 2 games, have had maybe 4 quality chances yet it's lundqvists fault for not stopping breakaways according to some of you. Yet Richter keeps on being brought up, like he would have made a difference. Lundqvist has yet to play on a team close to that 94 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad