OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This isn't the woman raped by the dumpster who was passed out.

I didn't know dumpsters could have sex, even if they weren't unconscious.

Don’t look at me. I’m not doing it either.

Howard, you beautiful boy. You were fantastic this week.

Also, there’s this. I am not disappointed to see it for monetary reasons.

Jacksonville should empty the kitchen sink. He’s EXACTLY what they need.

If he goes to the Chargers I am going to f***ing barf - they need fewer Bosas, not more. Bosas suck.

But how hard is this going to weaken the 49ers?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The Saints cut Jaylon Smith? Man, the reports out of camp sounded like he was healthy again. That’s an interesting name at a position of need.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
It's kind of funny how these owners don't want to pay RB's big money because they "aren't worth it", but they are holding out for a king's ransom in trade return. You either view him as high value, so pay him, or he's not valuable and trade him, but don't expect a lot in return because you don't see him as valuable

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
chip-kelley-tongue.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The law doesn't feel the same way as you do about how clear of a line this is.
It kinda does, merely drinking doesn't make you unable to give consent, you'd have to reach the point of intoxication where you were incapable of consenting. Alcohol loosens inhibitions, but that alone doesn't make you incapable of consenting, merely more likely to consent (and maybe regret it the next morning).

The problem isn't the line, but the burden of proof in determining how intoxicated the person was, and that judgement tends to be subjective (since rarely do you get to take the victim's blood alcohol during the evening, so observed behavior is all you have to go on).
From the transcript, the girl did not engage in behaviors that would suggest severe intoxication (falling down, slurring, lack of awareness of where she was or what she was doing, etc.).

The problem for the prosecutor is the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard, without strong evidence that she was incapacitated, or a witness to her telling someone she wanted the night's activities to stop, it's almost impossible to convict.

A civil suit merely needs a preponderance of the evidence, which is why you often see it in these cases. Ariaza seems like a tough case even for this standard, but he may have been added merely because of perceived "deep pockets." Winning civil suits against defendants with no money doesn't pay a lawyer's bills.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Did we want to re-sign him to the PS?
I certainly did. I was surprised he was cut honestly.

It kinda does, merely drinking doesn't make you unable to give consent, you'd have to reach the point of intoxication where you were incapable of consenting. Alcohol loosens inhibitions, but that alone doesn't make you incapable of consenting, merely more likely to consent (and maybe regret it the next morning).

The problem isn't the line, but the burden of proof in determining how intoxicated the person was, and that judgement tends to be subjective (since rarely do you get to take the victim's blood alcohol during the evening, so observed behavior is all you have to go on).
From the transcript, the girl did not engage in behaviors that would suggest severe intoxication (falling down, slurring, lack of awareness of where she was or what she was doing, etc.).

The problem for the prosecutor is the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard, without strong evidence that she was incapacitated, or a witness to her telling someone she wanted the night's activities to stop, it's almost impossible to convict.

A civil suit merely needs a preponderance of the evidence, which is why you often see it in these cases. Ariaza seems like a tough case even for this standard, but he may have been added merely because of perceived "deep pockets." Winning civil suits against defendants with no money doesn't pay a lawyer's bills.

Yeah I'm not having this discussion with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad