OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
@Hollywood Cannon

Not sure what platform you're drafting on but basing off this.

1.12 and 2.1 - Since it's PPR the normal focus is probably going WR heavy. But with every draft, sometimes if everyone is zigging you have to zag. When I draft sure I want to get my guys, but it's also about getting guys that are good draft value.

Early you could go RB/WR, WR/WR, TE/WR or TE/RB. So depending on how the first 11 picks go I think you would have a better picture of how to draft the squad. If there's a heavy run on the top tier RBs then maybe you can wait until that turn at rounds 3 and 4. WR/WR will probably put you in the best position since it's PPR. Targeting the high reception guys is the norm. Also this sets you up with arguably two number 1 fantasy WRs. Now I throw in the TE because if Kelce is there then you should probably take him. I don't know when the guy is gonna slow down but if you don't like dealing with the headache of finding a TE off the waiver wire every week until you strike gold then it might be worth it to grab Kelce since historically he gives you such an advantage at the position.

Guys I like that might be there

RBs)
Bijan
(he's my guy that I've been on the train for since two years ago)
Chubb - this might seem controversial because its PPR and the guy never caught the ball. But there's no more Kareem Hunt and I honestly think he's not bad at catching the ball. The Oline is still great and it's banking on that QB finding his form again.

WRs)
AJ Brown
- I think you know
ARSB - This one I'm not as bullsih on as Matthew Berry (I know some may not like the guy but I love him cause he got me hardcore into nerd fantasy fandom) but there's no Jameson for 6 weeks. Jojo loves that offense with the OC Ben Johnson. They gotta throw the ball to someone so it might just be ARSB and Jahmyr Gibbs. I think he should have a monster six weeks then depending on how you feel you might flip him for a great return.
Lamb - Same as above maybe I'm hesitant because I felt like he should have put up monster numbers last year like top 5 WR numbers but he finished in the top 10 in PPR. Moore is gone and I think that might help a bit because the guy like to spread the ball around. But the arrival of Cooks leaves me with a bit more hesitation that it might go back to when Cooper was on the team for target distribution. But I think Lamb still gets the majority target share and he should put up great numbers.

TE)
Kelce
- see above

3.12 and 4.1

So if there's a couple of QBs off the board right now. I'm assuming like maybe Mahomes goes in the 1st since you literally just posted as I'm writing this. Then, I think it's safe to assume Allen is off the board, Hurts, maybe Burrow or Lamar might be off at this point. I think you can grab Justin here just to secure your boy and it wouldn't be too bad. Moore is the OC now and I think the numbers should be pretty good. Don't know what to make of that WR room so I'm probably not gonna suggest Allen or Williams unless they slide a bit from ADP. So here depending on how you started I'm thinking Justin/WR, or Justin/RB. I don't really draft TEs high outside of Kelce and when Jimmy Graham was a monster but that still wasn't in the 1st round.

RBs)
Rhamondre
- This might be dumb after Zeke signed. But I think Zeke is truly washed unless this somehow turns into Corey Dillon that one year. But he's got all the capabilities to be a three down back. Only issue is freaking fumbling, the guy almost cost me a couple times last year. He's got the target share and now should have the rushing share now that Harris is gone and I'm not a believer in Zeke.
Mixon - This one might be a dumb idea. But no more Perine. So maybe the guy can finally be a three down back like I know he can be. The offense is bonkers and they improved the Oline so maybe they throw less to protect Joe?
Gibbs - RBBC with Montgomery might be a pain in the ass so it might take a while to get sorted. But as a Crimson Herberts fan you know how legit this guy is. So I think they actually use his pass catching skills cause heck they don't really have anyone for the first 6 weeks outside of ARSB.

WRs)
Ridley
- Wild suggestion considering they gave a boat load of money to Kirk, they have Zay Jones. But the guy put up WR1 numbers in his breakout year on a broken foot. I believed in him coming out of his draft year, I think he's a true number 1 WR but he might be a low end WR1/high end WR2 with Trevor.
Cooper - Maybe things get better in year 2 with that QB. Just banking on that offense finally clicking.

5.12 and 6.1

So you probably have Justin not sure about the rest. But since it's PPR you wanna fill out that flex with a WR more often than not.

DJ Moore if he slides. I think people would be hesitant with the new QB in Fieldsy but I'm banking on a leap. Might be great value and he's a true number 1WR on that offense so he's a good WR2/3 depending on roster construction.
Cam Akers no one else is there. So McVay might lean heavy on him. Injuries are a pain but he might have true bellcow status there.
James Connor same as above but both have questionable Olines
Mattison no more Dalvin and he's shown to be a Dalvin lite at times. Maybe great value.
Other names of interest at this point Godwin (maybe he's the safety valve for Baker or it's a complete disaster), Drake London but depends hugely on Ridder, Pacheco maybe the lead guy after that playoff run, Javonte if you think he's healthy enough. J. Taylor if he slides this far after being on PUP but no idea if he actually plays this year, it's a gamble. I like Aiyuk more than Deebo at their respective ADPs. Also contract year.

Later guys that I like. This is getting way too long, so I'm just throwing names.

Take an Eagles RB if you can. It's a decent dart throw. We don't know which one and with the injury histories maybe Gainwell is the true value.
Diontae Johnson or George Pickens. If Diontae just had TDs it would have a decent fantasy season so maybe there's positive regression here. Pickens just screams number 1 WR in real life so this might be a breakout year barring Kenny PIckett
Dotson I just like him because he's a gamer. Banking on Howell showing he's the best QB from 2022 which isn't saying much at this point.
Anthony Richardson just might be worth a mid to late dart throw because the rushing upside.
Jordan Addison since he should be WR2 behind Jefferson. The lad is legit outside of speeding in a car.
Khalil Herbert maybe he shows that he can be a bellcow RB despite his size. He runs and catches well. Might get vultured by Fieldsy. Think he's good value though at his consensus ADP.
Jamaal Williams no Kamara for the first 3 weeks. So might be worth. Long term might be iffy unless he just vultures every TD. Plus the power of Anime.
Brian Robinson Jr/Gibson - I like Gibson more cause no more McKissic and hopefully they finally use him right as a pass catching RB since he was a FREAKING WR at Memphis.
Quentin Johsnton - I don't really know this Chargers WR room cause of all the big names. But he might be like a WR handcuff cause one of those 2 are going to get injured if not both.
Some Kansas City WR - I don't like Toney cause always injured but he might be the best. I had a huge draft crush on Skyy Moore but it just didn't work out his rookie year. Rashee Rice apparently was all over the place during preseason. Maybe it's the long term dynasty stash in Justyn Ross that pays off. But throw a dart and hopefully you hit the right target.
Mingo - me and Jojo love the lad. Maybe he stands out as the guy for Bryce. I don't really like the rehashes in Chark and Thielen.
If you don't have a TE at this point I like Gerald Everett cause Kellen Moore is the OC now, Njoku or maybe Higbee. If you like to play musical TEs like I do just grab a guy you think will do decent if you didn't take Kelce.
Achane - super duper fast yet tiny. Behind Mostert and Wilson but this whole RB is a freaking injury waiting to happen. I think he's worth a late round pick to see what happens.
Elijah Moore - talent is there and maybe he can be a good weapon behind Cooper for that QB.
Jaylen Warren - I think he plays better in to the Steelers' identity. Stuck behind Najee but who knows what could happen.
Tank Bigsby- Etienne might get injured so he's a valuable handcuff to have.
Deuce Vaughn - Pollard never had the workload of a bellcow. Maybe Deuce gets more play in this lightning strikes twice backfield

Defense just take one who has a good week 1 matchup and proceed from there unless you get the Eagles/9ers. But I don't take a defense until the second to last round.
Kicker is obviously Dicker the kicker.

TL;DR
Draft Justin at the 3/4 turn. Not sure how the rest will fall. Maybe you go hero RB or zero RB and load up on stud WRs. But just try to get good value for the pick based on ADP and based on your intuition. This isn't a science despite all the nerd numbers. Godspeed Crimson Herberts.

ALSO STAY AWAY FROM ANY PLAYER DANCINGPANTHER TAKES. HE'S A CURSE FOR FANTASY LIKE I'M A CURSE FOR IRL FOOTBALL AND HOCKEY

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Scared money don’t make no money (whoa)

You draft to win leagues. Pollard at 1.8 or 1.9 depending on whether you prefer the safety of Diggs.

(Just saying Bijan/Pollard/Chubb is a tier is fine too.)

Last edited:

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

You draft to win leagues. Pollard at 1.8 or 1.9 depending on whether you prefer the safety of Diggs.

I'm down on Diggs this year. Age and then that offseason drama kind of gave the feeling that the vibe ain't there anymore.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I'm down on Diggs this year. Age and then that offseason drama kind of gave the feeling that the vibe ain't there anymore.

Caveat: I’ve had Diggs as a top 5 WR in football since the Minnesota days.

Gabriel Davis is no better than fine. The Bills are telling you this too. I love Kincaid, but he’s still a rookie TE. Those balls are going somewhere and we’re talking about the 2nd best offense in football.

All you need to know about Diggs is to look at his splits before and after the Allen injury. That was late in Week 9. He was at 72(99) / 985 / 7.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Caveat: I’ve had Diggs as a top 5 WR in football since the Minnesota days.

Gabriel Davis is no better than fine. The Bills are telling you this too. I love Kincaid, but he’s still a rookie TE. Those balls are going somewhere and we’re talking about the 2nd best offense in football.

All you need to know about Diggs is to look at his splits before and after the Allen injury. That was late in Week 9. He was at 72(99) / 985 / 7.
I totally know I'm gonna eat crow more often than not on this one. But it's one of those stupid gut calls I have once in a while. The vibe ain't right Jojo. THE VIBE

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

JustWRThings.jpeg

ElatedWholeBlackandtancoonhound-max-1mb.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I totally know I'm gonna eat crow more often than not on this one. But it's one of those stupid gut calls I have once in a while. The vibe ain't right Jojo. THE VIBE
No Diggs. Vibes

pepo-g-peepo.gif

So then you literally take some of my guys and then they all have the worse season ever or get injured? NEVER

I'll edit something later this afternoon/evening. 3rd slot in 12 team PPR?
No bb, this is the time where I show you all it's NOT ME, IT'S JUST UNLUCKY

That's my boy

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Hollywood Cannon

1.12 and 2.1 - Since it's PPR the normal focus is probably going WR heavy. But with every draft, sometimes if everyone is zigging you have to zag. When I draft sure I want to get my guys, but it's also about getting guys that are good draft value.

Early you could go RB/WR, WR/WR, TE/WR or TE/RB. So depending on how the first 11 picks go I think you would have a better picture of how to draft the squad. If there's a heavy run on the top tier RBs then maybe you can wait until that turn at rounds 3 and 4. WR/WR will probably put you in the best position since it's PPR. Targeting the high reception guys is the norm. Also this sets you up with arguably two number 1 fantasy WRs. Now I throw in the TE because if Kelce is there then you should probably take him. I don't know when the guy is gonna slow down but if you don't like dealing with the headache of finding a TE off the waiver wire every week until you strike gold then it might be worth it to grab Kelce since historically he gives you such an advantage at the position.

RBs)
Bijan
Chubb - this might seem controversial because its PPR and the guy never caught the ball. But there's no more Kareem Hunt and I honestly think he's not bad at catching the ball. The Oline is still great and it's banking on that QB finding his form again.

WRs)
AJ Brown
- I think you know
ARSB - This one I'm not as bullsih on as Matthew Berry (I know some may not like the guy but I love him cause he got me hardcore into nerd fantasy fandom) but there's no Jameson for 6 weeks. Jojo loves that offense with the OC Ben Johnson. They gotta throw the ball to someone so it might just be ARSB and Jahmyr Gibbs. I think he should have a monster six weeks then depending on how you feel you might flip him for a great return.
Lamb - Same as above maybe I'm hesitant because I felt like he should have put up monster numbers last year like top 5 WR numbers but he finished in the top 10 in PPR. Moore is gone and I think that might help a bit because the guy like to spread the ball around. But the arrival of Cooks leaves me with a bit more hesitation that it might go back to when Cooper was on the team for target distribution. But I think Lamb still gets the majority target share and he should put up great numbers.

TE)
Kelce
- see above

3.12 and 4.1

So if there's a couple of QBs off the board right now. I'm assuming like maybe Mahomes goes in the 1st since you literally just posted as I'm writing this. Then, I think it's safe to assume Allen is off the board, Hurts, maybe Burrow or Lamar might be off at this point. I think you can grab Justin here just to secure your boy and it wouldn't be too bad. Moore is the OC now and I think the numbers should be pretty good. Don't know what to make of that WR room so I'm probably not gonna suggest Allen or Williams unless they slide a bit from ADP. So here depending on how you started I'm thinking Justin/WR, or Justin/RB. I don't really draft TEs high outside of Kelce and when Jimmy Graham was a monster but that still wasn't in the 1st round.

RBs)
Rhamondre
- This might be dumb after Zeke signed. But I think Zeke is truly washed unless this somehow turns into Corey Dillon that one year. But he's got all the capabilities to be a three down back. Only issue is freaking fumbling, the guy almost cost me a couple times last year. He's got the target share and now should have the rushing share now that Harris is gone and I'm not a believer in Zeke.
Mixon - This one might be a dumb idea. But no more Perine. So maybe the guy can finally be a three down back like I know he can be. The offense is bonkers and they improved the Oline so maybe they throw less to protect Joe?
Gibbs - RBBC with Montgomery might be a pain in the ass so it might take a while to get sorted. But as a Crimson Herberts fan you know how legit this guy is. So I think they actually use his pass catching skills cause heck they don't really have anyone for the first 6 weeks outside of ARSB.

WRs)
Ridley
- Wild suggestion considering they gave a boat load of money to Kirk, they have Zay Jones. But the guy put up WR1 numbers in his breakout year on a broken foot. I believed in him coming out of his draft year, I think he's a true number 1 WR but he might be a low end WR1/high end WR2 with Trevor.
Cooper - Maybe things get better in year 2 with that QB. Just banking on that offense finally clicking.

5.12 and 6.1

So you probably have Justin not sure about the rest. But since it's PPR you wanna fill out that flex with a WR more often than not.

DJ Moore if he slides. I think people would be hesitant with the new QB in Fieldsy but I'm banking on a leap. Might be great value and he's a true number 1WR on that offense so he's a good WR2/3 depending on roster construction.
Cam Akers no one else is there. So McVay might lean heavy on him. Injuries are a pain but he might have true bellcow status there.
Mattison no more Dalvin and he's shown to be a Dalvin lite at times. Maybe great value.
Other names of interest at this point Godwin (maybe he's the safety valve for Baker or it's a complete disaster), Drake London but depends hugely on Ridder, Pacheco maybe the lead guy after that playoff run, Javonte if you think he's healthy enough. J. Taylor if he slides this far after being on PUP but no idea if he actually plays this year, it's a gamble. I like Aiyuk more than Deebo at their respective ADPs. Also contract year.

Later guys that I like. This is getting way too long, so I'm just throwing names.

Take an Eagles RB if you can. It's a decent dart throw. We don't know which one and with the injury histories maybe Gainwell is the true value.
Diontae Johnson or George Pickens. If Diontae just had TDs it would have a decent fantasy season so maybe there's positive regression here. Pickens just screams number 1 WR in real life so this might be a breakout year barring Kenny PIckett
Dotson I just like him because he's a gamer. Banking on Howell showing he's the best QB from 2022 which isn't saying much at this point.
Anthony Richardson just might be worth a mid to late dart throw because the rushing upside.
Jordan Addison since he should be WR2 behind Jefferson. The lad is legit outside of speeding in a car.
Khalil Herbert maybe he shows that he can be a bellcow RB despite his size. He runs and catches well. Might get vultured by Fieldsy. Think he's good value though at his consensus ADP.
Jamaal Williams no Kamara for the first 3 weeks. So might be worth. Long term might be iffy unless he just vultures every TD. Plus the power of Anime.
Brian Robinson Jr/Gibson - I like Gibson more cause no more McKissic and hopefully they finally use him right as a pass catching RB since he was a FREAKING WR at Memphis.
Quentin Johsnton - I don't really know this Chargers WR room cause of all the big names. But he might be like a WR handcuff cause one of those 2 are going to get injured if not both.
Some Kansas City WR - I don't like Toney cause always injured but he might be the best. I had a huge draft crush on Skyy Moore but it just didn't work out his rookie year. Rashee Rice apparently was all over the place during preseason. Maybe it's the long term dynasty stash in Justyn Ross that pays off. But throw a dart and hopefully you hit the right target.
Mingo - me and Jojo love the lad. Maybe he stands out as the guy for Bryce. I don't really like the rehashes in Chark and Thielen.
If you don't have a TE at this point I like Gerald Everett cause Kellen Moore is the OC now, Njoku or maybe Higbee. If you like to play musical TEs like I do just grab a guy you think will do decent if you didn't take Kelce.
Achane - super duper fast yet tiny. Behind Mostert and Wilson but this whole RB is a freaking injury waiting to happen. I think he's worth a late round pick to see what happens.
Elijah Moore - talent is there and maybe he can be a good weapon behind Cooper for that QB.
Jaylen Warren - I think he plays better in to the Steelers' identity. Stuck behind Najee but who knows what could happen.
Deuce Vaughn - Pollard never had the workload of a bellcow. Maybe Deuce gets more play in this lightning strikes twice backfield

Defense just take one who has a good week 1 matchup and proceed from there unless you get the Eagles/9ers. But I don't take a defense until the second to last round.

TL;DR
Draft Justin at the 3/4 turn. Not sure how the rest will fall. Maybe you go hero RB or zero RB and load up on stud WRs. But just try to get good value for the pick based on ADP and based on your intuition. This isn't a science despite all the nerd numbers. Godspeed Crimson Herberts.

ALSO STAY AWAY FROM ANY PLAYER DANCINGPANTHER TAKES. HE'S A CURSE FOR FANTASY LIKE I'M A CURSE FOR IRL FOOTBALL AND HOCKEY
Thank you, buddy.

I will give this it’s proper acknowledgment and response soon enough.

Thatcher Venmo is sick again so dealing with that.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
@Hollywood Cannon

RBs)
Bijan

WRs)
AJ Brown
- I think you know

TE)
Kelce
- see above

3.12 and 4.1

RBs)
Rhamondre

WRs)
Ridley

5.12 and 6.1

TL;DR

I'm just flipping through this ADP chart. Zay Flowers stick out at me as being clearly wrong.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I'm just flipping through this ADP chart. Zay Flowers stick out at me as being clearly wrong.
That WR is crowded with OBJ and Bateman. I'm still a believer in Bateman but the guy can't stay healthy. Also Andrews is still there so idk what kind of target share Zay would get for fantasy purposes. He's definitely worth a pick though as a dart throw cause he's explosive AF.

In other fantasy news. Jeff Wilson Jr just got placed on IR. Achane stonks up.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
That WR is crowded with OBJ and Bateman. I'm still a believer in Bateman but the guy can't stay healthy. Also Andrews is still there so idk what kind of target share Zay would get for fantasy purposes. He's definitely worth a pick though as a dart throw cause he's explosive AF.

In other fantasy news. Jeff Wilson Jr just got placed on IR. Achane stonks up.

Let me preface this by saying I haven't played fantasy in years. But when I did, I made quite a bit of money doing it.

If you're drafting what amounts to your WR3 or WR4, I don't see the point in trying to hit a double relative to the roster spot with zero further upside. The point is to win leagues. That roster slot should be a Doubs or a Flowers archetype. Not a cooked vet with naked opportunity.

Now you know I'm an unabashed Monken fan. I'm also a big believer in Lamar as a passer. If their offense turns out to be just fine or Lamar gets hurt, no one has home run upside. But when I ask myself what the jackpot outcomes look like, that manifests most in Flowers. If you think those look more like OBJ going nuts, move him up instead.

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Let me preface this by saying I haven't played fantasy in years. But when I did, I made quite a bit of money doing it.

If you're drafting what amounts to your WR3 or WR4, I don't see the point in trying to hit a double relative to the roster spot with zero further upside. The point is to win leagues. That roster slot should be a Doubs or a Flowers archetype. Not a cooked vet with naked opportunity.

Now you know I'm an unabashed Monken fan. I'm also a big believer in Lamar as a passer. If their offense turns out to be just fine or Lamar gets hurt, no one has home run upside. But when I ask myself what the jackpot outcomes look like, that manifests most in Flowers. If you think those look more like OBJ going nuts, move him up instead.
No for sure I agree with you. IDK why other people always load their bench with big name guys who are old or washed up vets. I just legitimately don't know what to make of that WR room prior to any play just like the Chargers. It's ass fantasy wise because there's an unproven guy in Bateman who has flashed. OBJ coming off surgery and he's getting up there in age. And now a dynamic as heck takent in Flowers and still Mark Andrews. At least with the Chargers it's two established guys and then Johnston. But it's just hard to get any idea until a snap is actually played.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Jojo I need your help.

Keeper league draft tonight. I want more respect. PPR scoring. 12 team league. I'd love advice on the first few rounds.

Would you happen to have a WR ranking in general?

I'm willing to gamble on RBs, but WRs I feel very uncertain where to go (especially as we hit rounds 3 and 4). I don't fully trust Ridleys, Coopers, etc. that'll be around in that territory. Would love your insight or some kind of Top 20 ranking.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Jojo I need your help.

Keeper league draft tonight. I want more respect. PPR scoring. 12 team league. I'd love advice on the first few rounds.

I'm willing to gamble on RBs, but WRs I feel very uncertain where to go (especially as we hit rounds 3 and 4). I don't fully trust Ridleys, Coopers, etc. that'll be around in that territory. Would love your insight or some kind of Top 20 ranking.

Again, I want to be clear that I no longer play fantasy. Please make it a large grain of salt. I don't know important data like Target rates for each individual WR. I do have a decent idea this year though. I helped a friend prep.

FWIW my favorite fantasy guys were always the Rotoworld crew that's now at EstablishTheRun and Underdog.

What is the keeper cost mechanic in your league? It matters a lot.

• Love
Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Jojo I need your help.

Here is another helpful tip - if it's online, do NOT watch who gets taken when others are on the clock. Your only concern should be who is available when your turn comes up, that's it. I've seen so many people get bent out of shape when a drafting strategy goes awry because they were counting on a player being available and they end up panic-selecting - even in the early rounds. Use that down time to evaluate where your needs lie and draft accordingly with a position hierarchy, not a player hierarchy (i.e. if you need to get a RB2, a WR3, or a TE1 with your next pick, look at the available candidates at each of those positions and choose the best option).

This is an over-simplified - yet very effective - approach. Check out projections, injury news, last year's performance right there in the draft room. It also helps to know how well the team itself is positioned for the coming year (i.e. the Lions, Jets, et al). In a pinch, go with your initial gut reaction and don't look back. You'll have plenty of time to refashion your roster throughout the season. I've won dozens of leagues in the past 20 years alone. I'd say my final game roster never exceeded 60% of those I initially drafted.

• Love
Reactions: BrindamoursNose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad