OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Again, I want to be clear that I no longer play fantasy. Please make it a large grain of salt. I don't know important data like Target rates for each individual WR. I do have a decent idea this year though. I helped a friend prep.

FWIW my favorite fantasy guys were always the Rotoworld crew that's now at EstablishTheRun and Underdog.

What is the keeper cost mechanic in your league? It matters a lot.

The keeper cost is 1 round above where they were taken with a max of 3 keepers.

15 rounds. My 3 keepers are Goeddert (6th), Mattison (9th), Christian Watson (10th).

I’m aiming for mid to late WRs like Zay Flowers and Quentin Johnson, but the top WRs I’m fine not keeping next year but just want to compete this year.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Here is another helpful tip - if it's online, do NOT watch who gets taken when others are on the clock. Your only concern should be who is available when your turn comes up, that's it. I've seen so many people get bent out of shape when a drafting strategy goes awry because they were counting on a player being available and they end up panic-selecting - even in the early rounds. Use that down time to evaluate where your needs lie and draft accordingly with a position hierarchy, not a player hierarchy (i.e. if you need to get a RB2, a WR3, or a TE1 with your next pick, look at the available candidates at each of those positions and choose the best option).

This is an over-simplified - yet very effective - approach. Check out projections, injury news, last year's performance right there in the draft room. It also helps to know how well the team itself is positioned for the coming year (i.e. the Lions, Jets, et al). In a pinch, go with your initial gut reaction and don't look back. You'll have plenty of time to refashion your roster throughout the season. I've won dozens of leagues in the past 20 years alone. I'd say my final game roster never exceeded 60% of those I initially drafted.

This is good info. I absolutely expect to be overwhelmed tonight.

Thankfully I start off with 1 RB (Mattison), 1 WR (Christian Watson), and 1 TE (Dallas Goeddert) since I'm in a keeper.

Reactions: Kermit the Prog

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The keeper cost is 1 round above where they were taken with a max of 3 keepers.

15 rounds. My 3 keepers are Goeddert (6th), Mattison (9th), Christian Watson (10th).

I’m aiming for mid to late WRs like Zay Flowers and Quentin Johnson, but the top WRs I’m fine not keeping next year but just want to compete this year.

Big 4

Diggs

Lamb/Wilson/Davante/AJB

Amon-Ra starts the next tier.

Mid-late rounders that stick out at me as good value for people trying to hit home runs by the ADP listed on that site: Dotson, JSN, Flowers, Dell, Hodgins, Mims

Mims at WR78 is one of the nuttiest preseason rankings I can recall. That’s WR7 territory. Denver is telling you they’re ready to play him.

Reactions: Kermit the Prog

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Big 4

Diggs

Lamb/Wilson/Davante/AJB

Mid-late rounders that stick out at me as good value for people trying to hit home runs by the ADP listed on that site: Dotson, JSN, Flowers, Dell, Hodgins, Mims

Mims at WR78 is one of the nuttiest preseason rankings I can recall. That’s WR7 territory. Denver is telling you they’re ready to play him.
i just woke up..who's in the big 4 lol JJ and Chase..who are the other 2

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Big 4

Diggs

Lamb/Wilson/Davante/AJB

Thank you my lovely man. I greatly appreciate that.

i just woke up..who's in the big 4 lol JJ and Chase..who are the other 2

Gotta be Jefferson, Chase, Kupp, Hill

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Seems like there's a lot of good value backs in the mid rounds. Akers, Etienne, Javonte Williams, Mattisson, even our very own Swift.

Monster target share WRs early, then RB and QB? Is it justifiable taking someone like Tyreek or Cupp at #3 if Chase and Jefferson go #1 and #2?

I was thinking of waiting for Rd 5 and targeting Fields at QB

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Seems like there's a lot of good value backs in the mid rounds. Akers, Etienne, Javonte Williams, Mattisson, even our very own Swift.

Monster target share WRs early, then RB and QB? Is it justifiable taking someone like Tyreek or Cupp at #3 if Chase and Jefferson go #1 and #2?

I was thinking of waiting for Rd 5 and targeting Fields at QB
probably..but i would probably go top RB at 3 and get the next tier of WR at next pick

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
14 team cutthroat keeper League

I'm beautifully setup with:
#1 OA (Jefferson)
Chase as a 3rd round keeper
Pollard as a 5th round keeper

That leaves me with 2.28 and 4.28 that I'm looking for some advice on. Would it be crazy to go say mahomes or Allen 2.28? But I'm concerned with how thin RB's will be at 4.28 and after

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
@DancingPanther

1.3 - Since it's PPR the normal focus is probably going WR heavy. But with every draft, sometimes if everyone is zigging you have to zag. When I draft sure I want to get my guys, but it's also about getting guys that are good draft value.

This is kind of tricky because you have a Top 3 pick. If he's there I would probably go with Jefferson. Otherwise CMC or Ekeler isn't a bad constellation prize. Chase is a consideration as well. Or go off the rails and take Bijan. Kelce is an option too if you don't wanna deal with the pain of merry go TE.

If you wanna go QB you could here. But I think it's reasonably deep enough where you can probably wait until Round 4 if not later.
This is probably Waddle, Olave and DeVonta territory. Maybe Tee too. There's load of good options here. ARSB if he's here. Think you can get a WR here and follow up with a RB.

RBs here I like are Etienne, JT if he's slipping this far and Rhamondre. I would probably handcuff Etienne with Bigsby later. Rhamondre might be slide a bit but I would scoop him up here. He's got all the chance to be a solid three down back unless Zeke is Corey Dillon part II. Mixon now that Perine is gone is probably gonna see an uptick in 3rd down usage. Last year was bonkers. Great offense and upgraded Oline so there's a lot of food opportunity.

Think you should probably grab your QB here. If you want Fieldsy grab him. Don't get Justin cause bad juju.

DJ Moore
if you wanna stack with Fieldsy. Fieldsy definitely got that arm talent to get the ball to Moore. It's just a matter if he takes that leap in year 3. Waller might be the best TE option here if you didn't go Kelce or Kittle early. Otherwise I'm a late TE guy. Don't really like anyone else here on consensus ADP unless maybe you believe in the talent that is PItts.

Javonte
, Pacheco, Aiyuk, Swift in this range. Injury is scary but maybe Javonte bounces back a bit faster than other RBs. Pacheco maybe the lead guy after that playoff run in that offense. Aiyuk is in a contract year and I just like him as a WR. Swift is just a dart throw at an Eagles RB. Take a dart throw at any Eagles RB. They're all reasonably priced.

One of the Pitt guys, Diontae or Pickens. I think Pickett might show some good improvement. And both might be good WR value here maybe a low end WR2 or solid WR3.

Copying the rest from my post to HC.

Take an Eagles RB if you can. It's a decent dart throw. We don't know which one and with the injury histories maybe Gainwell is the true value.
Dotson I just like him because he's a gamer. Banking on Howell showing he's the best QB from 2022 which isn't saying much at this point.
Anthony Richardson just might be worth a mid to late dart throw because the rushing upside.
Jordan Addison since he should be WR2 behind Jefferson. The lad is legit outside of speeding in a car.
Khalil Herbert maybe he shows that he can be a bellcow RB despite his size. He runs and catches well. Might get vultured by Fieldsy. Think he's good value though at his consensus ADP.
Jamaal Williams no Kamara for the first 3 weeks. So might be worth. Long term might be iffy unless he just vultures every TD. Plus the power of Anime.
Brian Robinson Jr/Gibson - I like Gibson more cause no more McKissic and hopefully they finally use him right as a pass catching RB since he was a FREAKING WR at Memphis.
Quentin Johsnton - I don't really know this Chargers WR room cause of all the big names. But he might be like a WR handcuff cause one of those 2 are going to get injured if not both.
Some Kansas City WR - I don't like Toney cause always injured but he might be the best. I had a huge draft crush on Skyy Moore but it just didn't work out his rookie year. Rashee Rice apparently was all over the place during preseason. Maybe it's the long term dynasty stash in Justyn Ross that pays off. But throw a dart and hopefully you hit the right target.
Mingo - me and Jojo love the lad. Maybe he stands out as the guy for Bryce. I don't really like the rehashes in Chark and Thielen.
If you don't have a TE at this point I like Gerald Everett cause Kellen Moore is the OC now, Njoku or maybe Higbee. If you like to play musical TEs like I do just grab a guy you think will do decent if you didn't take Kelce.
Achane - super duper fast yet tiny. Behind Mostert and Wilson but this whole RB is a freaking injury waiting to happen. I think he's worth a late round pick to see what happens.
Elijah Moore - talent is there and maybe he can be a good weapon behind Cooper for that QB.
Jaylen Warren - I think he plays better in to the Steelers' identity. Stuck behind Najee but who knows what could happen.
Tank Bigsby- Etienne might get injured so he's a valuable handcuff to have.
Deuce Vaughn - Pollard never had the workload of a bellcow. Maybe Deuce gets more play in this lightning strikes twice backfield

Defense just take one who has a good week 1 matchup and proceed from there unless you get the Eagles/9ers. But I don't take a defense until the second to last round.
Kicker is obviously Dicker the kicker.

TL;DR
Draft Fieldsy in Round 4. Not sure how the rest will fall. Maybe you go hero RB or zero RB and load up on stud WRs. But just try to get good value for the pick based on ADP and based on your intuition. This isn't a science despite all the nerd numbers.

PLEASE DON'T RUIN ANY OF OUR PLAYERS THIS YEAR. K THNX BAI

• Love
Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
@DancingPanther

1.3 - Since it's PPR the normal focus is probably going WR heavy. But with every draft, sometimes if everyone is zigging you have to zag. When I draft sure I want to get my guys, but it's also about getting guys that are good draft value.

This is kind of tricky because you have a Top 3 pick. If he's there I would probably go with Jefferson. Otherwise CMC or Ekeler isn't a bad constellation prize. Chase is a consideration as well. Or go off the rails and take Bijan. Kelce is an option too if you don't wanna deal with the pain of merry go TE.

If you wanna go QB you could here. But I think it's reasonably deep enough where you can probably wait until Round 4 if not later.
This is probably Waddle, Olave and DeVonta territory. Maybe Tee too. There's load of good options here. ARSB if he's here. Think you can get a WR here and follow up with a RB.

RBs here I like are Etienne, JT if he's slipping this far and Rhamondre. I would probably handcuff Etienne with Bigsby later. Rhamondre might be slide a bit but I would scoop him up here. He's got all the chance to be a solid three down back unless Zeke is Corey Dillon part II. Mixon now that Perine is gone is probably gonna see an uptick in 3rd down usage. Last year was bonkers. Great offense and upgraded Oline so there's a lot of food opportunity.

Think you should probably grab your QB here. If you want Fieldsy grab him. Don't get Justin cause bad juju.

DJ Moore
if you wanna stack with Fieldsy. Fieldsy definitely got that arm talent to get the ball to Moore. It's just a matter if he takes that leap in year 3. Waller might be the best TE option here if you didn't go Kelce or Kittle early. Otherwise I'm a late TE guy. Don't really like anyone else here on consensus ADP unless maybe you believe in the talent that is PItts.

Javonte
, Pacheco, Aiyuk, Swift in this range. Injury is scary but maybe Javonte bounces back a bit faster than other RBs. Pacheco maybe the lead guy after that playoff run in that offense. Aiyuk is in a contract year and I just like him as a WR. Swift is just a dart throw at an Eagles RB. Take a dart throw at any Eagles RB. They're all reasonably priced.

One of the Pitt guys, Diontae or Pickens. I think Pickett might show some good improvement. And both might be good WR value here maybe a low end WR2 or solid WR3.

Copying the rest from my post to HC.

Take an Eagles RB if you can. It's a decent dart throw. We don't know which one and with the injury histories maybe Gainwell is the true value.
Dotson I just like him because he's a gamer. Banking on Howell showing he's the best QB from 2022 which isn't saying much at this point.
Anthony Richardson just might be worth a mid to late dart throw because the rushing upside.
Jordan Addison since he should be WR2 behind Jefferson. The lad is legit outside of speeding in a car.
Khalil Herbert maybe he shows that he can be a bellcow RB despite his size. He runs and catches well. Might get vultured by Fieldsy. Think he's good value though at his consensus ADP.
Jamaal Williams no Kamara for the first 3 weeks. So might be worth. Long term might be iffy unless he just vultures every TD. Plus the power of Anime.
Brian Robinson Jr/Gibson - I like Gibson more cause no more McKissic and hopefully they finally use him right as a pass catching RB since he was a FREAKING WR at Memphis.
Quentin Johsnton - I don't really know this Chargers WR room cause of all the big names. But he might be like a WR handcuff cause one of those 2 are going to get injured if not both.
Some Kansas City WR - I don't like Toney cause always injured but he might be the best. I had a huge draft crush on Skyy Moore but it just didn't work out his rookie year. Rashee Rice apparently was all over the place during preseason. Maybe it's the long term dynasty stash in Justyn Ross that pays off. But throw a dart and hopefully you hit the right target.
Mingo - me and Jojo love the lad. Maybe he stands out as the guy for Bryce. I don't really like the rehashes in Chark and Thielen.
If you don't have a TE at this point I like Gerald Everett cause Kellen Moore is the OC now, Njoku or maybe Higbee. If you like to play musical TEs like I do just grab a guy you think will do decent if you didn't take Kelce.
Achane - super duper fast yet tiny. Behind Mostert and Wilson but this whole RB is a freaking injury waiting to happen. I think he's worth a late round pick to see what happens.
Elijah Moore - talent is there and maybe he can be a good weapon behind Cooper for that QB.
Jaylen Warren - I think he plays better in to the Steelers' identity. Stuck behind Najee but who knows what could happen.
Tank Bigsby- Etienne might get injured so he's a valuable handcuff to have.
Deuce Vaughn - Pollard never had the workload of a bellcow. Maybe Deuce gets more play in this lightning strikes twice backfield

Defense just take one who has a good week 1 matchup and proceed from there unless you get the Eagles/9ers. But I don't take a defense until the second to last round.
Kicker is obviously Dicker the kicker.

TL;DR
Draft Fieldsy in Round 4. Not sure how the rest will fall. Maybe you go hero RB or zero RB and load up on stud WRs. But just try to get good value for the pick based on ADP and based on your intuition. This isn't a science despite all the nerd numbers.

PLEASE DON'T RUIN ANY OF OUR PLAYERS THIS YEAR. K THNX BAI
Thanks friend. Seriously. I know this is fun for you but you obviously you didn't need to do that <3. You're a madlad

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I feels but quality of touches have to factor into your evaluation as well. If you end up with Akers as your RB2 that is a double edge sword. But if you're willing to fall on it because you believe then by all means.
I have a superflex so I'm thinking of plugging him there. If he booms...

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
14 team cutthroat keeper League

I'm beautifully setup with:
#1 OA (Jefferson)
Chase as a 3rd round keeper
Pollard as a 5th round keeper

That leaves me with 2.28 and 4.28 that I'm looking for some advice on. Would it be crazy to go say mahomes or Allen 2.28? But I'm concerned with how thin RB's will be at 4.28 and after

I have seen many smart people saying this is a year to chase elite QBs fwiw.

Again, I don’t play anymore. I’m not super informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad