OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Alright boys. Finished my keeper league fantasy draft.

Notice...I have 2 more players than I can keep. I'll have to cut two before week 1, but here's the result:

1.5 Bijan Robinson
2.8 Najee Harris
3.5 Justin Fields (someone took my guy, so I panicked and went FIelds before clock ran out)
4.8 Drake London
5.5 Jaxon Smith-Njigba (I have a major hunch, so I reached)
6.8 Dallas Goeddert (Keeper)
7.5 Zay Flowers
8.3 Quentin Johnston
8.8 David Njoku
9.5 Alexander Mattison (Keeper)
10.8 Christian Watson (Keeper)
11.5 Dallas DEF
12.8 Kirk Cousins
13.5 Marvin Mims
14.8 Jake Elliot
15.5 Tank Dell
15.8 Kendre Miller

It was my goal to take every young WR that can play this year...looking for HRs @JojoTheWhale

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Should I keep Tank Dell or Marvin Mims on my roster long term, @JojoTheWhale

Who has better HR potential?

These are the types of questions I really don’t know. They take specific research.

What I can say is that Denver has 4 WRs on the entire roster. One is an injured Jeudy. Another is a UDFA from UCF. I cannot imagine a world in which someone has a roster in a keeper league where Mims is a cut. He’s a deep threat guy on the team with an elite deep ball QB and a completely unobstructed path to immediate playing time.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
These are the types of questions I really don’t know. They take specific research.

What I can say is that Denver has 4 WRs on the entire roster. One is an injured Jeudy. Another is a UDFA from UCF. I cannot imagine a world in which someone has a roster in a keeper league where Mims is a cut. He’s a deep threat guy on the team with an elite deep ball QB and a completely unobstructed path to immediate playing time.

JOJO JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO DAMNIT

Okay imma drop Tank Dell then. That's what I wanted to do anyway.

Thank you for your service.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
JOJO JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO DAMNIT

Okay imma drop Tank Dell then. That's what I wanted to do anyway.

Thank you for your service.

I actually don't mind having "droppable" players on my roster. I need to have players that I feel no pangs of regret resulting from letting them go. You're not going to end the season with the same roster with which you started - and that's outside injuries and suspensions.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I actually don't mind having "droppable" players on my roster. I need to have players that I feel no pangs of regret resulting from letting them go. You're not going to end the season with the same roster with which you started - and that's outside injuries and suspensions.

I'm fine with dropping guys, but in my Keeper league - once you drop a guy, he can't be kept.

So I want to keep the max potential WRs long term on my roster.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Is Cupp at #3 stupid?

@Hollywood Cannon

Not sure what platform you're drafting on but basing off this.

1.12 and 2.1 - Since it's PPR the normal focus is probably going WR heavy. But with every draft, sometimes if everyone is zigging you have to zag. When I draft sure I want to get my guys, but it's also about getting guys that are good draft value.

Early you could go RB/WR, WR/WR, TE/WR or TE/RB. So depending on how the first 11 picks go I think you would have a better picture of how to draft the squad. If there's a heavy run on the top tier RBs then maybe you can wait until that turn at rounds 3 and 4. WR/WR will probably put you in the best position since it's PPR. Targeting the high reception guys is the norm. Also this sets you up with arguably two number 1 fantasy WRs. Now I throw in the TE because if Kelce is there then you should probably take him. I don't know when the guy is gonna slow down but if you don't like dealing with the headache of finding a TE off the waiver wire every week until you strike gold then it might be worth it to grab Kelce since historically he gives you such an advantage at the position.

Guys I like that might be there

RBs)
Bijan
(he's my guy that I've been on the train for since two years ago)
Chubb - this might seem controversial because its PPR and the guy never caught the ball. But there's no more Kareem Hunt and I honestly think he's not bad at catching the ball. The Oline is still great and it's banking on that QB finding his form again.

WRs)
AJ Brown
- I think you know
ARSB - This one I'm not as bullsih on as Matthew Berry (I know some may not like the guy but I love him cause he got me hardcore into nerd fantasy fandom) but there's no Jameson for 6 weeks. Jojo loves that offense with the OC Ben Johnson. They gotta throw the ball to someone so it might just be ARSB and Jahmyr Gibbs. I think he should have a monster six weeks then depending on how you feel you might flip him for a great return.
Lamb - Same as above maybe I'm hesitant because I felt like he should have put up monster numbers last year like top 5 WR numbers but he finished in the top 10 in PPR. Moore is gone and I think that might help a bit because the guy like to spread the ball around. But the arrival of Cooks leaves me with a bit more hesitation that it might go back to when Cooper was on the team for target distribution. But I think Lamb still gets the majority target share and he should put up great numbers.

TE)
Kelce
- see above

3.12 and 4.1

So if there's a couple of QBs off the board right now. I'm assuming like maybe Mahomes goes in the 1st since you literally just posted as I'm writing this. Then, I think it's safe to assume Allen is off the board, Hurts, maybe Burrow or Lamar might be off at this point. I think you can grab Justin here just to secure your boy and it wouldn't be too bad. Moore is the OC now and I think the numbers should be pretty good. Don't know what to make of that WR room so I'm probably not gonna suggest Allen or Williams unless they slide a bit from ADP. So here depending on how you started I'm thinking Justin/WR, or Justin/RB. I don't really draft TEs high outside of Kelce and when Jimmy Graham was a monster but that still wasn't in the 1st round.

RBs)
Rhamondre
- This might be dumb after Zeke signed. But I think Zeke is truly washed unless this somehow turns into Corey Dillon that one year. But he's got all the capabilities to be a three down back. Only issue is freaking fumbling, the guy almost cost me a couple times last year. He's got the target share and now should have the rushing share now that Harris is gone and I'm not a believer in Zeke.
Mixon - This one might be a dumb idea. But no more Perine. So maybe the guy can finally be a three down back like I know he can be. The offense is bonkers and they improved the Oline so maybe they throw less to protect Joe?
Gibbs - RBBC with Montgomery might be a pain in the ass so it might take a while to get sorted. But as a Crimson Herberts fan you know how legit this guy is. So I think they actually use his pass catching skills cause heck they don't really have anyone for the first 6 weeks outside of ARSB.

WRs)
Ridley
- Wild suggestion considering they gave a boat load of money to Kirk, they have Zay Jones. But the guy put up WR1 numbers in his breakout year on a broken foot. I believed in him coming out of his draft year, I think he's a true number 1 WR but he might be a low end WR1/high end WR2 with Trevor.
Cooper - Maybe things get better in year 2 with that QB. Just banking on that offense finally clicking.

5.12 and 6.1

So you probably have Justin not sure about the rest. But since it's PPR you wanna fill out that flex with a WR more often than not.

DJ Moore if he slides. I think people would be hesitant with the new QB in Fieldsy but I'm banking on a leap. Might be great value and he's a true number 1WR on that offense so he's a good WR2/3 depending on roster construction.
Cam Akers no one else is there. So McVay might lean heavy on him. Injuries are a pain but he might have true bellcow status there.
James Connor same as above but both have questionable Olines
Mattison no more Dalvin and he's shown to be a Dalvin lite at times. Maybe great value.
Other names of interest at this point Godwin (maybe he's the safety valve for Baker or it's a complete disaster), Drake London but depends hugely on Ridder, Pacheco maybe the lead guy after that playoff run, Javonte if you think he's healthy enough. J. Taylor if he slides this far after being on PUP but no idea if he actually plays this year, it's a gamble. I like Aiyuk more than Deebo at their respective ADPs. Also contract year.

Later guys that I like. This is getting way too long, so I'm just throwing names.

Take an Eagles RB if you can. It's a decent dart throw. We don't know which one and with the injury histories maybe Gainwell is the true value.
Diontae Johnson or George Pickens. If Diontae just had TDs it would have a decent fantasy season so maybe there's positive regression here. Pickens just screams number 1 WR in real life so this might be a breakout year barring Kenny PIckett
Dotson I just like him because he's a gamer. Banking on Howell showing he's the best QB from 2022 which isn't saying much at this point.
Anthony Richardson just might be worth a mid to late dart throw because the rushing upside.
Jordan Addison since he should be WR2 behind Jefferson. The lad is legit outside of speeding in a car.
Khalil Herbert maybe he shows that he can be a bellcow RB despite his size. He runs and catches well. Might get vultured by Fieldsy. Think he's good value though at his consensus ADP.
Jamaal Williams no Kamara for the first 3 weeks. So might be worth. Long term might be iffy unless he just vultures every TD. Plus the power of Anime.
Brian Robinson Jr/Gibson - I like Gibson more cause no more McKissic and hopefully they finally use him right as a pass catching RB since he was a FREAKING WR at Memphis.
Quentin Johsnton - I don't really know this Chargers WR room cause of all the big names. But he might be like a WR handcuff cause one of those 2 are going to get injured if not both.
Some Kansas City WR - I don't like Toney cause always injured but he might be the best. I had a huge draft crush on Skyy Moore but it just didn't work out his rookie year. Rashee Rice apparently was all over the place during preseason. Maybe it's the long term dynasty stash in Justyn Ross that pays off. But throw a dart and hopefully you hit the right target.
Mingo - me and Jojo love the lad. Maybe he stands out as the guy for Bryce. I don't really like the rehashes in Chark and Thielen.
If you don't have a TE at this point I like Gerald Everett cause Kellen Moore is the OC now, Njoku or maybe Higbee. If you like to play musical TEs like I do just grab a guy you think will do decent if you didn't take Kelce.
Achane - super duper fast yet tiny. Behind Mostert and Wilson but this whole RB is a freaking injury waiting to happen. I think he's worth a late round pick to see what happens.
Elijah Moore - talent is there and maybe he can be a good weapon behind Cooper for that QB.
Jaylen Warren - I think he plays better in to the Steelers' identity. Stuck behind Najee but who knows what could happen.
Tank Bigsby- Etienne might get injured so he's a valuable handcuff to have.
Deuce Vaughn - Pollard never had the workload of a bellcow. Maybe Deuce gets more play in this lightning strikes twice backfield

Defense just take one who has a good week 1 matchup and proceed from there unless you get the Eagles/9ers. But I don't take a defense until the second to last round.
Kicker is obviously Dicker the kicker.

TL;DR
Draft Justin at the 3/4 turn. Not sure how the rest will fall. Maybe you go hero RB or zero RB and load up on stud WRs. But just try to get good value for the pick based on ADP and based on your intuition. This isn't a science despite all the nerd numbers. Godspeed Crimson Herberts.

ALSO STAY AWAY FROM ANY PLAYER DANCINGPANTHER TAKES. HE'S A CURSE FOR FANTASY LIKE I'M A CURSE FOR IRL FOOTBALL AND HOCKEY
Are we not concerned about Chubbs fantasy production dropping once Watson started getting going last season?

Reactions: Chinatown88

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Is Cupp at #3 stupid?

Are we not concerned about Chubbs fantasy production dropping once Watson started getting going last season?
He’s been banged up. Set back yesterday that’s leaving him “day to day.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if that sticks with him all year.

If Kupp was healthy? No it’s not stupid, IMO.

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Is Cupp at #3 stupid?

I'm not really concerned. It's his backfield now. I think he gets more targets and continues running behind one of the top OLines in the league.

Also I've never liked Kupp. I just hate the guy for some reason. So I'll never draft him.

• Haha
Reactions: DancingPanther

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm not really concerned. It's his backfield now. I think he gets more targets and continues running behind one of the top OLines in the league.

Also I've never liked Kupp. I just hate the guy for some reason. So I'll never draft him.

A combination of trying to be a clever Nostradamus and this sort of spite is why my fantasy hockey teams are always horrible.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

But… but… but!

729508D4-C887-4FEB-8E10-969B4F29F284.jpeg

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

He is gross looking I'll give you that

I just hate #3 because Ekeler and CMC stress me out lol

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
i am picking 6th and a lot of good is already off the board via keepers lol

nd 1
1.Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)Irsay It Ain...
2.Davante Adams (LV - WR)Bob and The ...
3.DeVonta Smith (Phi - WR)The Beast
4.Tyreek Hill (Mia - WR)Return of th...
5.Joe Burrow (Cin - QB)Soul Glo
6.Outlaws
7.A.J. Brown (Phi - WR)Max Jets
8.Patrick Mahomes (KC - QB)Elizabethans
9.Josh Allen (Buf - QB)Phoenix Maulers
10.Christian McCaffrey (SF - RB)Jimmy G-Unit
11.Justin Jefferson (Min - WR)Blue Marvels
12.Stefon Diggs (Buf - WR)KaeptainAmer...

Round 2
1.CeeDee Lamb (Dal - WR)KaeptainAmer...
2.Travis Kelce (KC - TE)Blue Marvels
3.Josh Jacobs (LV - RB)Jimmy G-Unit
4.Nick Chubb (Cle - RB)Phoenix Maulers
5.Najee Harris (Pit - RB)Elizabethans
6.Max Jets
7.Outlaws
8.Ja'Marr Chase (Cin - WR)Soul Glo
9.Saquon Barkley (NYG - RB)Return of th...
10.Alexander Mattison (Min - RB)The Beast
11.Jalen Hurts (Phi - QB)Bob and The ...
12.Garrett Wilson (NYJ - WR)Irsay It Ain...

do i go Ekeler or Bijan at 6? or Amon-Ra? or Pollard?

Last edited:

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
i am picking 6th and a lot of good is already off the board via keepers lol

nd 1
1.Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)Irsay It Ain...
2.Davante Adams (LV - WR)Bob and The ...
3.DeVonta Smith (Phi - WR)The Beast
4.Tyreek Hill (Mia - WR)Return of th...
5.Joe Burrow (Cin - QB)Soul Glo
6.Outlaws
7.A.J. Brown (Phi - WR)Max Jets
8.Patrick Mahomes (KC - QB)Elizabethans
9.Josh Allen (Buf - QB)Phoenix Maulers
10.Christian McCaffrey (SF - RB)Jimmy G-Unit
11.Justin Jefferson (Min - WR)Blue Marvels
12.Stefon Diggs (Buf - WR)KaeptainAmer...

Round 2
1.CeeDee Lamb (Dal - WR)KaeptainAmer...
2.Travis Kelce (KC - TE)Blue Marvels
3.Josh Jacobs (LV - RB)Jimmy G-Unit
4.Nick Chubb (Cle - RB)Phoenix Maulers
5.Najee Harris (Pit - RB)Elizabethans
6.Max Jets
7.Outlaws
8.Ja'Marr Chase (Cin - WR)Soul Glo
9.Saquon Barkley (NYG - RB)Return of th...
10.Alexander Mattison (Min - RB)The Beast
11.Jalen Hurts (Phi - QB)Bob and The ...
12.Garrett Wilson (NYJ - WR)Irsay It Ain...

do i go Ekeler or Bijan at 6? or Amon-Ra? or Pollard?
Bijan and ARSB
Ekeler's contract is an issue no idea where he ends up as an upcoming FA.

Reactions: trostol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad