OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I agree. living in 49er country and seeing lots of 49er games... He still looks bad in the preseason. Needs a healthy 8 games. (But it don't look good now).

Yep. I just don’t buy that anything but regular season games improve you in the ways Lance needs. He’s been injured at all the wrong times. What you’re left with is functionally the same guy today he was when he was drafted. But he just turned 23 in May. It still makes sense to me as a low cost reclamation project if you’re a team without a QB.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Yep. I just don’t buy that anything but regular season games improve you in the ways Lance needs. He’s been injured at all the wrong times. What you’re left with is functionally the same guy today he was when he was drafted. But he just turned 23 in May. It still makes sense to me as a low cost reclamation project if you’re a team without a QB.
Yea absolutely. Even the full game he had last year was massive rain in CHI. Nobody wants him for 9m cap, the niners will just keep him for the year as Purdy is cheap. But (likely) next year, he will get cut and get a job elsewhere (just not for 9m).

Chinatown88

348 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
You probably could get him for a mid to late round pick. It's worth a flier to any team without a long term starter. If he turns into what people thought he could be then it's a good profit. Otherwise he helps you lead a tank job for Williams/Maye.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So... Saleh has now opened up Hard Knocks episodes so far telling his team to be eagles and now this week's episode he wants them to be commanders.

Has to be intentional.

Chinatown88

348 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

I know Mims has massive upside but at 5?

Newton at 24 despite him being a 5th year (iirc) is some praise. Edit: IDK anymore. Dang Rona classifications still has everything messed up.

• Love
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

Newton at 24 despite him being a 5th year (iirc) is some praise. Edit: IDK anymore. Dang Rona classifications still has everything messed up.

Came here to post this. Kingsley and Newton R1. DeJean top 20. Brugler's the best.

I have a feeling Jack Sawyer is one of the guys that shoots up boards by the time we get to the spring.

Reactions: Chinatown88

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Lots of Bulldogs on that list. We should be able to get at least two in the first two rounds.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

Every once in a while there's a head coaching hire where you don't even understand the thought process. I'm not hiring a defensive guy, but DeMeco Ryans is clearly an excellent coach on some level. I get it.

Gannon's this guy. And his defensive success was predicated on a scheme that just lined up and out talented offenses last year. I don't understand what the plan could possibly be that makes him the pick.

Chinatown88

348 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
What did you do to this guy?
I don't even remember if I liked him. I'm gonna go check if the forums keep track that far back.

Edit: Just checked my post history. One was saying the Panthers should take Simmons, the other is me acknowleding he was good in college but not knowing if it would work the the NFL.

My bad juju didn't touch this lad.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't even remember if I liked him. I'm gonna go check if the forums keep track that far back.

Edit: Just checked my post history. One was saying the Panthers should take Simmons, the other is me acknowleding he was good in college but not knowing if it would work the the NFL.

My bad juju didn't touch this lad.
I just assumed he was your type. :laugh:

I thought the talk of him playing safety was wild. He always seemed too high cut for that. Freak athlete though. Kinda hard to believe that was the best offer.

Chinatown88

348 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I just assumed he was your type. :laugh:

I thought the talk of him playing safety was wild. He always seemed too high cut for that. Freak athlete though. Kinda hard to believe that was the best offer.
IDK why I wasn't all hype about him. I think just all the coverage and slobbering over him turned me away from even thinking he would be a really good NFL player. Also I think it was what 2020? So the Eagles still had decent safeties then and I wasn't too worried.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
IDK why I wasn't all hype about him. I think just all the coverage and slobbering over him turned me away from even thinking he would be a really good NFL player. Also I think it was what 2020? So the Eagles still had decent safeties then and I wasn't too worried.

You reminded me that one of my pre-draft takes was to stop insisting blizting off-ball LBs have a ton of value and that taking Parsons to use him like Devon White would be incredibly dumb.

Ok, technically that would still be dumb. But also...oops. :laugh:

Reactions: Chinatown88

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

One would hope he's spent all that time learning the academic side of the sport to be able to apply it once he can get on the field, but for some reason an amazing number of QBs out of college would rather fail outright and be completely overwhelmed than do that.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
One would hope he's spent all that time learning the academic side of the sport to be able to apply it once he can get on the field, but for some reason an amazing number of QBs out of college would rather fail outright and be completely overwhelmed than do that.

Beef, he's thrown 608 times in a live game including preseason since the start of 2017. It includes high school, college, and NFL preseason games. If Burrow doesn't miss a game, 5 NFL QBs threw more passes last year alone.

You cannot get better at football without playing football. It doesn't work that way.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Beef, he's thrown 608 times in a live game including preseason since the start of 2017. It includes both college and NFL preseason games. If Burrow doesn't miss a game, 5 NFL QBs threw more passes last year alone.

You cannot get better at football without playing football. It doesn't work that way.

Yes I know.

But you also don't succeed by just working on physical drills and flying by the seat of your pants without understanding what's going on around you. Injury is at least a chance to buckle down and study (or learn how to) but only if that opportunity is taken. And it is insane to me how often highly talented QBs hit the NFL and are unwilling to do the mental part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad