OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I don't have a problem with him either. I just expect some hiccups with the whole process with installation (as you mentioned). It would be unrealistic to not expect something to pop up and in a league with little to no margin for error it could become an issue.

We're in agreement. I just don't get to actively loathe people often, so I like talking about Gannon. :laugh:

Gannon and Fromm in one day. It's like Christmas. Now all I need is AV to be caught on video yelling at a waitress or something and we've hit the jackpot.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Chinatown88

348 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
oh boy...Baker as the starter
caleb-williams-caleb-williams-run.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Reactions: CutOnDime97

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The loss of Shane Steichen is not talked about nearly enough for my liking.

This is a genuine reason to be at least a tad bit skeptical on the Eagles prospects this season. Dude was basically on season-long heater last season. His play-calling was phenomenal. Only reason I have a sliver of optimism is because that Honest NFL Twitter handle is bullish on Brian Johnson’s play-calling abilities. Otherwise, I have no clue how he’s going to fare as a play-caller.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
This is a genuine reason to be at least a tad bit skeptical on the Eagles prospects this season. Dude was basically on season-long heater last season. His play-calling was phenomenal. Only reason I have a sliver of optimism is because that Honest NFL Twitter handle is bullish on Brian Johnson’s play-calling abilities. Otherwise, I have no clue how he’s going to fare as a play-caller.

I think that's the only good "anonymous" account on all of Twitter. He's an unbelievable resource for people who want to learn about the game via the Eagles.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Ok but what if I told you they're the Cowboys.
Another year, and people are overating the Cowboys again. I swear it is just to bring in ratings and bow to their fanbase.

The biggest obstacle for the Eagles this year is simply history. No repeat div winner in 20 years, and no super bowl loser making it back the next year. Actual competition... no other nfc team is more dominant that the Eagles on paper. J Carter wil be an impact player THIS year.

Last edited:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I don't see a world in which you can get him for a 3. At some point the return is so low that it starts butting up against what he could give you when he walks in a comp pick.

The teams that should consider Taylor at expected cost are the ones that will grind him into dust. That's not the Eagles. They have Hurts and 4 good RBs.

I'm surprised you say that bud. I think it's very possible he could go for a 3rd, but who knows how much they value a disgruntled player vs. loss of value.

I'm not dying to get Taylor, but hey I mean if you want to win the SB, how desperate does Howie get to make sure lightning strikes?

Usually they'd use that asset on OL/DL, though, I grant you.

Thought this was helpful in gauging value for him...
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/22/jonathan-taylor-injury-history-complicates-executing-trade

Breer, who conducted discussions with these executives, revealed their varied assessments of Taylor’s trade value:

1. An AFC General Manager – 2nd round pick
  2. AFC executive – 3rd and 5th
  3. NFC executive – “Package in the value of 2nd or 3rd”
  4. Second AFC executive – 3rd or 4th
  5. Second NFC executive – 2nd or 3rd, “Less than the Christian McCaffrey trade”
  6. Third NFC executive – “Maybe a day 2 pick”
  7. Third AFC executive – 3rd round pick
  8. Fourth AFC executive – 2nd round pick
  9. Fourth NFC executive – ”Possibly a day 2 pick”
  10. Fifth NFC executive – 4th round pick that could turn into a 3rd round pick under play-time conidiations.

Admittedly, I don't think we're the team to do it. Our RB combo is just fine and Howie already put a 4th into Swift. But hey if a top player is available, I do expect Howie to pick up the phone.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I'm surprised you say that bud. I think it's very possible he could go for a 3rd, but who knows how much they value a disgruntled player vs. loss of value.

I'm not dying to get Taylor, but hey I mean if you want to win the SB, how desperate does Howie get to make sure lightning strikes?

Usually they'd use that asset on OL/DL, though, I grant you.

Thought this was helpful in gauging value for him...
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/22/jonathan-taylor-injury-history-complicates-executing-trade

Admittedly, I don't think we're the team to do it. Our RB combo is just fine and Howie already put a 4th into Swift. But hey if a top player is available, I do expect Howie to pick up the phone.

He'll call on everyone that's an upgrade to any spot, yep.

The way these things usually go is not the price falling and falling until someone picks a guy up cheaply. It's one team coming above the rest of the pack and while not quite meeting the price, still paying significantly more than most offers. This isn't Jay Ajayi at the deadline. It's 70% of the way to Jamal Adams. A team that trades for him is going to end up getting a comp pick out of it if they want to take it that way.

I think someone eventually offers a 2 and something. Forget who needs a RB. Who makes this type of move? I get the Miami theory. They fit. But so does Denver. So do the Rams. Some of these rumored teams like the Bears and Cowboys make absolutely no sense.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Wonder if Lance would be an upgrade to Baker or Trask

He needs to play and be given real rope to find out if he's anything. They could do a lot worse than throwing a late rounder at SF and just giving him the year. If they want to trade for him to sit and learn, it's a waste of a pick.

If he's terrible, he helps you get to Williams or Maye anyway.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
He needs to play and be given real rope to find out if he's anything. They could do a lot worse than throwing a late rounder at SF and just giving him the year. If they want to trade for him to sit and learn, it's a waste of a pick.

Williams said today he might not come out after this year depending on who gets 1OA

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

I agree. living in 49er country and seeing lots of 49er games... He still looks bad in the preseason. Needs a healthy 8 games. (But it don't look good now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad