OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Funny that the ensemble is viewed as a good deal when it's still a pretty big markup on bullshit food.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I assume they make their money back on beer & the more higher end food in the stadium?
I think it's that people buy more at the cheaper prices then they do in other stadiums.

Lots of people just completely avoid concession stands because of the ridiculous prices.

I will say that when I was there for the Super Bowl, they didn't change the prices for the game which was WILD. I also was amazed that they just have soda fountains where you can refill your soda free of charge. Absolutely wild concept after you've seen what you see up here in Philly.

Arthur Blank has lead the charge on the food prices, IIRC.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think it's that people buy more at the cheaper prices then they do in other stadiums.

Lots of people just completely avoid concession stands because of the ridiculous prices.

I will say that when I was there for the Super Bowl, they didn't change the prices for the game which was WILD. I also was amazed that they just have soda fountains where you can refill your soda free of charge. Absolutely wild concept after you've seen what you see up here in Philly.

It’s definitely cheaper on families with kids at least. Even for soda & run of the mill stadium food (which kids generally go for) even that cost an arm & a leg here in all the sports stadiums let alone the specialty stuff.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It’s definitely cheaper on families with kids at least. Even for soda & run of the mill stadium food (which kids generally go for) even that cost an arm & a leg here in all the sports stadiums let alone the specialty stuff.
I'm assuming Blank can get away with it because MBS is basically the Wells Fargo Center of NFL stadiums, as it gets used for a bevvy of events beyond just home games for the Falcons. College football has three marquis games a year there (Chick fil a kickoff, SEC championship, NY6/playoff/national championship games), an MLS team, and it's basically the only major concert venue in Atlanta.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
McPhearson was the backup nickel CB, they played him outside against the Browns and he was repeatedly targeted - it's not like he was toast, but a step behind and struggled to locate the ball in the air. Given his experience, he's probably reached his upside, which is a 4th or 5th CB.

Jobe passed him as the backup to Slay and Bradberry, but given how bad Scott looked last year, may lead a void at nickel, especially since Maddox is injury prone. Look for Goodrich to get a lot of time at nickel this week, I think Ringo and Ricks are too long for that spot.

I would argue that Scott was about average for a deep backup DB in this league, which is bad won't completely kill you. Other than that, yep.

You can safely figure they'll keep 6-7 Corners. The 3 starters aren't getting cut. They invested a 3rd into Ringo, so he's not getting cut. Jobe feels like he's ahead of the rest of the pack. That's 5.

Greedy Williams is awful and didn't translate to the NFL at any stop. That leaves Ricks, Garner, Goodrich, and Scott fighting for 1-2 spots. It's really not a bad spot for an injury if you like two or more of those guys. I'd pick Ricks and Goodrich, but I wonder whether or not they want to have one backup with experience on the active roster and that moves Scott into position. There's no way to have that discussion without knowing where the coaches think the rookies are. And I'm not high on Ringo staying at Corner, so I'm slightly biased.

I'd stash Garner on the PS in this situation. I genuinely like every depth/developmental Corner they've brought in recently minus Greedy.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Ive been to the new dome once, opening game when the Eagles played them in 2021. The concessions are very cheap. Stadium is nice too.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
I assume they make their money back on beer & the more higher end food in the stadium?

My dad found an article/resource online a few months ago that gave the break down for the cost of parking, tickets, and like a set meal of hot dogs/beer/soda for various ball parks. Reminded me of trying to create a Franchise back in like Madden 03.

I feel like they all pretty much ended up with a similar number at the end of the day. P + T + F = X where X is mostly the same number just adjusted a bit for cost of living in that area. Some places had real high tickets and real low food, others were switched, and the St. Louis Cardinals beer was like $2 because of the Anheuser Busch connection. They're either trying to lure you in with cheap ticket prices and trap you paying for the food or they lure you in with the cheap food, but you need the ticket to enter.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

This is all I can think of

mgid:arc:imageassetref:shared.southpark.us.en:50765ef3-4816-4d71-80c9-4f8534de7dc1

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
that really sucks, I was very excited to hear about his plans. Poor thing deserved better.
Pretty much the story of all animals in captivity. There are some exceptions as to breeding programs attempting to help endangered species, or extremely large sanctuaries that replicate to the best of their ability (or are actually in) the environment the animal would normally live in.

There are also some situations where an animal is disabled and can't be returned to the wild and needs human care, or an animal was taken from the wild and raised by a human so it also can't be returned... but exceptions to the rule.

But most commercial zoos, aquariums, whatever don't really tend to fall into those. It's just taking animals out of their normal environments and putting them in a much more cramped prison in order to make money off people coming to look at them.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Iam very uneducated when it comes to football. Iam wrong a lot of times about this Sport. But i say it nevertheless. McKee seems to be a starter in 2 or 3 years especially learning from Hurts in the QB Room for the next 2.years. he will be the 2nd QB next year and will be traded for a good return in year 3 or 4.

They think the same as i do. I take that as a win for now ;D

edit the exact min for the mckee discussion

Last edited:
Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
Saint John, NB, Canada
Pretty much the story of all animals in captivity. There are some exceptions as to breeding programs attempting to help endangered species, or extremely large sanctuaries that replicate to the best of their ability (or are actually in) the environment the animal would normally live in.

There are also some situations where an animal is disabled and can't be returned to the wild and needs human care, or an animal was taken from the wild and raised by a human so it also can't be returned... but exceptions to the rule.

But most commercial zoos, aquariums, whatever don't really tend to fall into those. It's just taking animals out of their normal environments and putting them in a much more cramped prison in order to make money off people coming to look at them.
absolutely agree. The only exception being Disney's Animal Kingdom. Which is a large scale conservation effort, and a very successful one too. (The secrets of Disney's animal kingdom on Disney+ is an excellent series, highly recommend).

*sorry everyone for going well off-topic.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE

A couple of years ago, I went to the Philadelphia Zoo to take some photographs of the animals. I was horrified at the environment and conditions. Not only were the zoo grounds unkempt and unprofessional looking, but the animals themselves looked terrified, lonely, or bored - and my photos bore that out even more starkly. I vowed to never go back to another zoo again. I don't know if I saw with adult eyes the same thing I saw when I was young, but...man.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
@Chinatown88 Someone brought up how good that original Draft Network lineup was to me today and it got me thinking. It seemed like everyone except Jonah Tuls was downright excellent at the time.

With the benefit of hindsight, Solak is obviously a lifer in the industry and deservedly so. Jordan Reid is broadcasting games on ESPN now. Sikkema's doing well at PFF. Brad Kelly is coaching full time. Jon Ledyard left football to do something with his church, but still has measured, knowledgeable takes.

And then there's Jonah Tuls, who's known for firing off an insane Notes App Tweet and having to delete everything. :laugh:

Reactions: Chinatown88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad