Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
only last minute call I actually want is from Kyle Raftis…
You never know once that tweet got leaked raftis could of made another call but it seems like Martin isn’t moving but do they really want Beck down the road from them… I guess we’ll see

Reactions: Section5Petes

cleodog

Aug 12, 2022
This suspense is killing me.

If it’s not a done deal to Saginaw. I feel it’s Martin from the soo. Either way my phones gunna die from all the refreshing

Reactions: frontsfan67

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
This suspense is killing me.

If it’s not a done deal to Saginaw. I feel it’s Martin from the soo. Either way my phones gunna die from all the refreshing
if that’s the case then Mike Oke better say yes to the hounds FAST:laugh::laugh:

FYI, Sam McCue and Konnor Smith both have assists in the Attack debut .
Big Rig with his first fight as a Bear .
hopefully they can play a big role in the Attacks playoff hopes!

Reactions: cleodog

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
got to think that Sag is in the position that they need Beckmore than Sudbury. He gives them experience and knowledge that a lot of their players don't have.

Definitely a good pickup

It will be interesting to see where other teams and players fall now.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What’s the hold up on the Beck deal? What’s the status of the other pieces ? Do you think we’ll see the floodgates open and the Petes trades flying soon? Dubois, Mayer, Page, Robertson (rights) anyone else?

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
What’s the hold up on the Beck deal? What’s the status of the other pieces ? Do you think we’ll see the floodgates open and the Petes trades flying soon? Dubois, Mayer, Page, Robertson (rights) anyone else?
Not sure what the hold up would be if it’s only Young coming back and picks. Wondering if maybe the Petes leaked Saginaw was getting him to get another team to up their offer

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Not sure what the hold up would be if it’s only Young coming back and picks. Wondering if maybe the Petes leaked Saginaw was getting him to get another team to up their offer
Isn’t the other front runner Soo? If so who do you prefer Young or Martin?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

I don’t think anyone on here would truly know but if we had to make the assumption that Marek was accurate, it likely involves multiple players that need to waive their NTC’s if they have them. IT may take a little time to get all the NTC’s signed and submitted to the league. If a certain player won’t’ waive his NTC, it is likely the two teams have worked out an alternative trade option and they could be on that option with NTC’s etc. So, sometimes the more complex deals involving multiple players can be tedious.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t think anyone on here would truly know but if we had to make the assumption that Marek was accurate, it likely involves multiple players that need to waive their NTC’s if they have them. IT may take a little time to get all the NTC’s signed and submitted to the league. If a certain player won’t’ waive his NTC, it is likely the two teams have worked out an alternative trade option and they could be on that option with NTC’s etc. So, sometimes the more complex deals involving multiple players can be tedious.
Within the timeframe could another team theoretically swoop in (eg SOO?)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Within the timeframe could another team theoretically swoop in (eg SOO?)

It depends. Typically teams that have an agreement in principle but need sign offs and haven’t approached the players, it gets disclosed to both parties so they each know the discussions would need to be had with the players. Because of that, there can be alternative options that are either prearranged or need to be discussed if a player chooses not to waive his NTC. if the two teams cannot decide on an alternative, Team B could enter the fray.

HOWEVER, this is what leads to GM’s getting bad reputations. The reputable thing to do is work with the team you had a deal with to find an alternate solution. If GM’s start taking other calls when you are at the point of having a deal done, it hurts you in the long run. It is the same for GM’s that shop offers which is why teams typically do not submit actual offers until they have an agreement in principle.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Well it can’t be anyone else on Saginaw cause if there was a deal done anyone else would have been scratched last night I would imagine. Not sure who else would have NTC on the Petes that is on the trading block. If bloom is coming back to Saginaw that would eliminate Mayer for them

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Wouldn’t that be disingenuous and flip flopping on Oakes part?

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Isn’t the other front runner Soo? If so who do you prefer Young or Martin?
is that even a question:laugh::laugh:
1704468392424.jpeg

Reactions: frontsfan67 and LDN

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Well it can’t be anyone else on Saginaw cause if there was a deal done anyone else would have been scratched last night I would imagine. Not sure who else would have NTC on the Petes that is on the trading block. If bloom is coming back to Saginaw that would eliminate Mayer for them

I am only stating how it would typically work and the reasons why there could be delays for the league to endorse it.

We assume Young is the player AND we assume the Spirit already had discussions with him pre-draft and again pre-deadline about waiving his NTC. That is probably the case but all 17 year olds have NTC’s. So, if the deal is more player based than pick based, there could be multiple players involved that have not been prepped for trade.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Just a thought but maybe the deal was in place with Saginaw and maybe it included a Dman. Both parties thought they were happy and then Saginaw got word after that that Bloom was being returned and therefore had to redo this trade. Just a thought. The Bloom thing was announced hours after the Beck trade.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Oke is a straight shooter to deal with but he is very savvy as well......maybe he is indirectly feeding Marek some info about Soo and Saginaw deals to force teams to up their bid in the Owen Beck auction

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad