Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Purdeller - 2004 import. Would be one of the cheapest imports on the market I imagine. Could he be a 3rd line shut down center who provides a touch of offence? I imagine it would take a 3rd maybe to get him? Maybe another late pick? What do Petes fan think of him? Type of player? Thanks!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
So unless Mississauga is gonna move Boudreau out looks like they are set with 3 OA’s now

I doubt they do anything else. I think they are lining up next year. If they could pull off a Beck style move like PEtes did last year for a two season player, I could see it but other than that? I highly doubt it.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I doubt they do anything else. I think they are lining up next year. If they could pull off a Beck style move like PEtes did last year for a two season player, I could see it but other than that? I highly doubt it.
Yeah I’m just trying to think of what teams are possibly left for Mayer or Dubois. Looks like Kingston Ottawa London

Reactions: LDN

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah I’m just trying to think of what teams are possibly left for Mayer or Dubois. Looks like Kingston Ottawa London

I’d like to think Ottawa is in on Dubois AND Mayer but I think if I had to lean on one, it would be Mayer. I just feel Brady to the Petes is a strong possibility when all is said and done.

Reactions: Section5Petes

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Don’t think we’ll see any of the Petes OA’s moved until they are back from the road trip.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Just a thought but maybe the deal was in place with Saginaw and maybe it included a Dman. Both parties thought they were happy and then Saginaw got word after that that Bloom was being returned and therefore had to redo this trade. Just a thought. The Bloom thing was announced hours after the Beck trade.
I believe that’s exactly it. Now probably trying to figure out the cost of just beck (and Mayer will go elsewhere)

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Don’t think we’ll see any of the Petes OA’s moved until they are back from the road trip.
NK…..the cost of an Uber from Michigan to Ottawa would be crazy and hitchhiking this time of year would not be fun :thumbu:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
beck as of today won’t waive

More like a punch in the gut.

I thought the rumour was supposed to be that players didn't want to go to Peterborough, not that they didn't want to leave it?
That has changed in recent history. JR Avon refused to waive his no trade clause when he was a rookie in the Akil Thomas trade in 2020. Prior to that Nikita Norostelev chose to stay in Peterborough in 2018 instead of being traded to a contender. Also in recent years players have chosen to come to Peterborough instead of other teams. In 2020 Akil Thomas chose to be traded to the Petes instead of London or Ottawa. Last year both Connor Lockhart and Brennan Othmann chose to come to Peterborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad