Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Somehow this is Rob Papineau's fault.
1704502657460.jpeg

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I just watched the YourTV Peterborough intermission show. They discussed Owen Beck and the fact he likely will be trade and the potential trade to Saginaw. I have not heard he will not waive his no trade clause anywhere else except on these boards. What is source is that is saying he will not waive it?

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
That’s because he called Beck and let him know he had hookers and coke already lined up for him upon arrival.

On a totally unrelated rumour, Beck has demanded a trade to Sudbury….
Where did you hear this rumour that he has demanded a trade to Sudbury?

Update: When I reread the post I realize the second part of the post is part of the joke.

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I just watched the YourTV Peterborough intermission show. They discussed Owen Beck and the fact he likely will be trade and the potential trade to Saginaw. I have not heard he will not waive his no trade clause anywhere else except on these boards. What is source is that is saying he will not waive it?

People are assuming he won’t waive his no trade clause which is not accurate.

He hasn’t signed off on it yet. That is much different. It could simply be he is not ready to go anywhere yet. It could mean a lot of things that have zero to do with him “not waiving” going to Saginaw.

Sometime people misinterpret what was stated and this is an example.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
That’s because he called Beck and let him know he had hookers and coke already lined up for him upon arrival.

On a totally unrelated rumour, Beck has demanded a trade to Sudbury….

I love your sense of humour but -Again -we need a “sarcasm” or “joke” font!

Reactions: Section5Petes

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Looking at what is going on there are going to be a lot of moves on Monday and over the rest of the deadline.

To me, Beck would be crazy not to go to Saginaw with the guaranteed M CUP. But then again, he may not want the pressure. Who knows.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Looking at what is going on there are going to be a lot of moves on Monday and over the rest of the deadline.

To me, Beck would be crazy not to go to Saginaw with the guaranteed M CUP. But then again, he may not want the pressure. Who knows.
There have been players in the past who have been more excited to start their pro career (Laval) than play in a second memorial cup. Probably can't say it out loud but it might even be the case for most in a situation like Beck's (already been traded in the O, played in the mem cup, played in two WJC, played in the NHL). I have zero inside information, just know players in the past where this has been the case.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
there is a rumour on the Ranger site he'll only commit there. Could be on 6 or 7 team's site. I think some clown starts this stuff just to get people wound up for kicks LOL
Well, if I’m a Petes fan I’d hope wants to go somewhere instead of vetoing a trade anywhere. At least you’d get some sort of return for him.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

I think he likely wants to stay in Peterborough. He has a good coach here and would be the Petes primary offensive player. I don’t think he does not want the pressure as he had that last year when he came to Peterborough and he excelled under pressure in the playoffs. If it true he wants to remain a Pete he is doing what he think is best for his development. The way I see it is if he went to Saginaw or another team with several offensive players he could be used in a secondary scoring role and be expected to take the defensive roles he played with the Petes last year. Montreal wants him to work on his offence so a chance to be the offensive leader on Peterborough would help him improve his offence to help him take the next step to make the Canadiens.

Reactions: Zebra

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think he likely wants to stay in Peterborough. He has a good coach here and would be the Petes primary offensive player. I don’t think he does not want the pressure as he had that last year when he came to Peterborough and he excelled under pressure in the playoffs. If it true he wants to remain a Pete he is doing what he think is best for his development. The way I see it is if he went to Saginaw or another team with several offensive players he could be used in a secondary scoring role and be expected to take the defensive roles he played with the Petes last year. Montreal wants him to work on his offence so a chance to be the offensive leader on Peterborough would help him improve his offence to help take the next step to make the Canadiens.

If the Petes decide to trade everyone else and his wingers are Melee and Lefebvre, he may not get much of a chance to work on his offence…

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
If the Petes decide to trade everyone else and his wingers are Melee and Lefebvre, he may not get much of a chance to work on his offence…
The Petes are likely not trading any of his linemates still with the team. He was not on Jax Dubois’s line. If he was to have Jonathan Melee as a winger he would be the upgrade to the various wingers he has had. None of his wingers to date have the points and goals that Melee has.

Reactions: Petesfan8

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Depending what Oke does, they probably value his leadership and goal scoring skills more than couple draft picks.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Depending what Oke does, they probably value his leadership and goal scoring skills more than couple draft picks.
There is no way that a GM of a rebuilding team values any players leadership more than the boatload of assets he can get for them. While Oke certainly respects Beck and appreciates everything he’s done for the franchise, he 100% would rather he waive his NTC so that he can get something for him. We’ll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad