Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
If Hayes goes to the Soo for two older players like it has been suggested then that still leaves Beck for Martin a possibility 😉😉🤣
Actually we might need to do Beck + picks for Martin first, so we can flip those picks to Flint.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Actually we might need to do Beck + picks for Martin first, so we can flip those picks to Flint.
The Soo will likely not be getting any drafts picks if they make a deal for Owen Beck. If anything the Greyhounds will have give the Petes the draft picks.

Last edited:

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
After 3 games Konnor Smith 1G, 2A .
Sam McCue 1G , 1A

Both looked very good .
We are dighted to have them at the Bears Den .
Good to see them doing well. I was thinking today that players leaving Peterborough have been a bit of a mixed bag lately. Guys like Lardis, Lockhart and Simpson have obviously been sure things but players I thought had solid projection like Dezote, Guo and to an extent Van Volsen haven't really taken that next step after leaving the Petes.

Reactions: Section5Petes

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
With only a few days left until trade deadline what players are the Petes going to be moving? It’s obvious they are trying to rebuild as young as possible with as many 07’s in line up as they can. I think players potentially being moved are as follows.

Owen Beck
Jack Dubois
Sam Mayer
Donovan McCoy
Quinton Pagé
Jonathon Melee

Any thoughts on this?

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
With only a few days left until trade deadline what players are the Petes going to be moving? It’s obvious they are trying to rebuild as young as possible with as many 07’s in line up as they can. I think players potentially being moved are as follows.

Owen Beck
Jack Dubois
Sam Mayer
Donovan McCoy
Quinton Pagé
Jonathon Melee

Any thoughts on this?
Any of those players from Sudbury?

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022

Owen Beck
Jack Dubois
Sam Mayer
Donovan McCoy
Quinton Pagé
Jonathon Melee

Any thoughts on this?
Based off what i have heard lately, players I expect to be moved are:
- Owen Beck
- Jax Dubois
- Donovan McCoy

Maybes:
- Sam Mayer
- Jonathan Melee

This is purely based off information that I have receieved and put together. This is not a guarantee of what is actually going to happen but rather just what I have heard. The only time we will know officially is January 10th at 12:01 pm!

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

Owen Beck
Jack Dubois
Sam Mayer
Donovan McCoy
Quinton Pagé
Jonathon Melee

Any thoughts on this?
McCoy is not being traded and is there a market for Page. Perhaps add a goalie to the list and not a goalie with the last name Rye.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
McCoy is not being traded and is there a market for Page. Perhaps add a goalie to the list and not a goalie with the last name Rye.
A month ago I felt the same way.......I honestly felt that the Petes would keep McCoy and Melee as OAs going into next season as veteran guys who would steady the ship, but as the trade market developed in the last week things changed. In this sellers' market I think any of these guys could get traded.

• The next time the OHL will host the Memorial Cup is in 2027, when all 07 players are in their 19yo seasons. By loading up on 07s, Oke will have the Petes in position to possibly be one of two teams from the OHL in the Mem Cup or, if things go sideways, he will have a number of desirable pieces in high demand in another sellers' market

• If OAs get traded (Mayer, Dubois) Oke will get OAs in return who will hopefully be character guys that support the young guys. This won't make a difference in more wins but the young guys will be sheltered somewhat. Rookies at this point in the season also have half a season under their belt and are able to handle the grind because they know what to expect. A lot of these rookies that come to the Petes will be excited to get more meaningful ice-time to show what they can do.

The Petes will get more for McCoy by trading him now instead of next year and they will struggle next season either way so it just makes sense.
IMO, he has played really well since the start of December. He is more active on the rush this year without sacrificing his defense and he makes so many smart plays that don't show up on the scoreboard but make a huge difference.

Bring on more trades Mr. Oke and welcome to all of the 07s who come this way

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
If oke can get another 07 for Melee and McCoy he’s gonna do it. Rumour on Sudbury board was they’ve talked melee McCoy and buchinger karabela packages.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
A month ago I felt the same way.......I honestly felt that the Petes would keep McCoy and Melee as OAs going into next season as veteran guys who would steady the ship, but as the trade market developed in the last week things changed. In this sellers' market I think any of these guys could get traded.

• The next time the OHL will host the Memorial Cup is in 2027, when all 07 players are in their 19yo seasons. By loading up on 07s, Oke will have the Petes in position to possibly be one of two teams from the OHL in the Mem Cup or, if things go sideways, he will have a number of desirable pieces in high demand in another sellers' market

• If OAs get traded (Mayer, Dubois) Oke will get OAs in return who will hopefully be character guys that support the young guys. This won't make a difference in more wins but the young guys will be sheltered somewhat. Rookies at this point in the season also have half a season under their belt and are able to handle the grind because they know what to expect. A lot of these rookies that come to the Petes will be excited to get more meaningful ice-time to show what they can do.

The Petes will get more for McCoy by trading him now instead of next year and they will struggle next season either way so it just makes sense.
IMO, he has played really well since the start of December. He is more active on the rush this year without sacrificing his defense and he makes so many smart plays that don't show up on the scoreboard but make a huge difference.

Bring on more trades Mr. Oke and welcome to all of the 07s who come this way
This is bang on. If they are going to return 07s then it has to be done. The Petes could come out the best any team has ever done out of the deadline in terms of collecting first round picks.

Reactions: User13452

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Lol imagine the 07 core moving forward if he turned Melee and McCoy into Taylor and the Beck deal with Saginaw goes down?

Cameron, Addy, Taylor and Young

Cadorin and Ladds

Plus these guys are having big time U18 seasons… Lynds, Parish, Johnston and Del Colombo.

City of Peterborough just needs to get building that new memorial centre and maybe we can host the 2027 memorial cup ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad