Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
These 2 last deals go to show you how much other GM’s value playoff and memorial cup experience. There’s lots of other OA’s in the league who could be had but don’t have the experience like Mayer or Dubois

They need someone to actually play the games….
They’ve already gone this far if someone comes with a offer for Purdeller I doubt they are going to say no

Reactions: Section5Petes

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
These 2 last deals go to show you how much other GM’s value playoff and memorial cup experience. There’s lots of other OA’s in the league who could be had but don’t have the experience like Mayer or Dubois

They’ve already gone this far if someone comes with a offer for Purdeller I doubt they are going to say no
That would depend if they have enough cards left.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002

If they deal Melee and McCoy, they have 4 cards to replace the 5 players (Beck/Mayer and Dubois).

I can't see them sending anyone else out.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Anyone else find it a little funny that the only OA left with the Petes is the guy everyone on here predicted would be the one OA traded when we had 4 before the Lockhart trade? Kind of ironic eh!

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

The Petes not taking a OA back from Ottawa who has 4 now is interesting. Maybe they just don’t want another OA but if this Dubois to Kingston deal is happening maybe they’d be getting Callens back? Although I could see any OA who gets traded here just saying they’d rather go play junior a somewhere close to home
The overage that Ottawa is likely is parting with is Max Donoso who is a goaltender.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
I mean anyone who thought Gauvreau had value as a OA might not be the smartest
And yet there he is. The guy the Petes choose to help groom the young players that are going to try bring another championship to Peterborough! I guess we only see a small piece of the big picture. Unless you’re saying Oke isn’t smart? Is that what you’re saying?

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
And yet there he is. The guy the Petes choose to help groom the young players that are going to try bring another championship to Peterborough! I guess we only see a small piece of the big picture. Unless you’re saying Oke isn’t smart? Is that what you’re saying?
No I’m saying people who thought Gauvreau would be traded

Reactions: dirty12

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
If by "chose to help groom the younger players" you mean "Only OA no one wanted to provide any value for". You nailed it.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
No I’m saying people who thought Gauvreau would be traded
The thought of most was that Lockheart would have the most value come deadline time and that turned out to be true.

Many said the Pete’s were lucky to get what they got back then but we could have got more if we had kept him until now. The only real blip in Oke’s season this year.

Reactions: OHL Observer

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
If by "chose to help groom the younger players" you mean "Only OA no one wanted to provide any value for". You nailed it.
Maybe in 3 or 4 years from now if the Petes don’t win another championship we can blame it on his mentorship. . 😂 cause that’s what we’re good at is cutting up these young players. Or at least people like you do.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
The thought of most was that Lockheart would have the most value come deadline time and that turned out to be true.

Many said the Pete’s were lucky to get what they got back then but we could have got more if we had kept him until now. The only real blip in Oke’s season this year.
Think oke was smart to move him then. Realistically he missed out on one pick I guess if he kept him until now

Maybe in 3 or 4 years from now if the Petes don’t win another championship we can blame it on his mentorship. . 😂 cause that’s what we’re good at is cutting up these young players. Or at least people like you do.
Not every OA in the league has value there’s only so many spots for guys. Nobody cutting him up just saying he doesn’t have the value like other OA’s do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad