Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

armchaircoaches

Oct 24, 2022
Maybe in 3 or 4 years from now if the Petes don’t win another championship we can blame it on his mentorship. . 😂 cause that’s what we’re good at is cutting up these young players. Or at least people like you do.
Maybe in 3 or 4 years from now if the Petes don’t win another championship we can blame it on his mentorship. . 😂 cause that’s what we’re good at is cutting up these young players. Or at least people like you do.
Don’t lose sleep over that moron he on Sudbury board always chewing guys up has no idea about what he’s talking about just loves acting like he understands the game

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
So... based on our best guesses right now - assuming Saginaw trade is on and not knowing on McCoy/Melee - we're looking at

(Melee) - Lefebvre - Addy
(Aiden Young) - Purdeller - McCallum
Page - Partridge - McIntyre
Cadorin - Faulkner - Binnie

Gauvreau - (McCoy)
Matejicek - Cameron
Woulds - Ladds
Velliaris

Bowen
Sztuska
Rye

Going to need to see a couple more bodies coming in up front, whether that as OA, call up/signing etc... unless I'm forgetting someone

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
man ya'll are swimming in draft picks....
My hope is that if they get suggested return from Saginaw for Owen Beck of three, 2nds and three, 3rds the Petes use some of the draft picks they have obtained in their recent deals to trade for a couple of 18 year old players that can help now, next year and potentially as overagers in two years.

Last edited:

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
So... based on our best guesses right now - assuming Saginaw trade is on and not knowing on McCoy/Melee - we're looking at

(Melee) - Lefebvre - Addy
(Aiden Young) - Purdeller - McCallum
Page - Partridge - McIntyre
Cadorin - Faulkner - Binnie

Gauvreau - (McCoy)
Matejicek - Cameron
Woulds - Ladds
Velliaris

Bowen
Sztuska
Rye

Going to need to see a couple more bodies coming in up front, whether that as OA, call up/signing etc... unless I'm forgetting someone
From an internal standpoint, Petes will probably be able to sign Easton Lynds, Chase Del Colombo and Francis Parish

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
My hope is that they get suggested t return from Saginaw for Owen Beck of three, 2nds and three, 3rds the Petes use some of the draft picks they have obtained in their recent deals to trade for a couple of 18 year old players that can help now, next year and potentially as overagers in two years.
[/QUOTE

Don’t count on it. Everything acquired will be used to build the core. The only thing you might see is an 06 if there’s enough cards.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
The thought of most was that Lockheart would have the most value come deadline time and that turned out to be true.

Many said the Pete’s were lucky to get what they got back then but we could have got more if we had kept him until now. The only real blip in Oke’s season this year.
I don't think any of us wanted to see Lockhart go but at the time of the trade Petes had 4 overagers and wanted to get it down to three and there were not many spots for overagers. Things have changed.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I don't think any of us wanted to see Lockhart go but at the time of the trade Petes had 4 overagers and wanted to get it down to three and there were not many spots for overagers. Things have changed.
It's also pretty clear in retrospect from comments made by Oke, Wilson etc... that the Tucker Robertson potentially returning rumours were real but fortunately for him, he was able to get into the AHL lineup due to an injury and in Tucker Robertson fashion, one he got a chance, he was never coming out.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I have mixed feelings about the returns for Jax Dubois and Sam Mayer. The return for Dubois exceeded what I expected. I figured we could get a 2nd and 4th. But to get 3rd is a bonus. I had hoped we could get a player plus a 2nd and 4th for Mayer. We did get the much needed 2024, 2nd in the deal. The Petes have mostly refilled their draft pick by acquiring a 2nd in 2024 and a 2nd in 2025. Plus their own 2nd in 2027. They now have two, 3rds in 2025, two, 3rds in 2026 and two, 3rds in 2027. They have no 4ths until 2027. They have two 5ths in 2024, none in 2025 one in 2026 and three in 2027. So they only missing a 3rd and 4th this year, a 4th and 5th in 2025 and a 2nd and a 4th in 2026. My hope is we can get a 2nd in 2024 and a 2nd in 2026 and 3rd in 2024 amongst the other picks in the Owen Beck trade. In potential trades for Jonathan Melee and Donovan McCoy the Petes need to concentrate on getting a player for each. We are now down to 22 players on the roster. We have 12 forwards, 7 defencemen and 3 goaltenders so any further trades of players need to have a player included in the deal or a separate deal in place to acquire a player.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Oke did what was best for Lockheart which is a good thing.
That trade was done for a couple of reasons. Connor Lockhart had become the odd man out amongst the Petes then overages and it was not fair for him to be constantly sitting out. They were also nearing the deadline in November to name their four overages and at the time there was a real possibility that Tucker Robertson would return to the Petes and they wanted to protect his rights. The return was low but it was the right thing to do. Oshawa was the right fit for him.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I said this flippantly on the 67s board but I actually like the idea of flipping them a pick for 06 Josh Brady. Ptbo kid, good size, right shot, some upside, fits the timeline and he's probably at least #8 on their depth chart now.

Though I guess if Oke was interested he would have come in the Mayer trade.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
And yet there he is. The guy the Petes choose to help groom the young players that are going to try bring another championship to Peterborough! I guess we only see a small piece of the big picture. Unless you’re saying Oke isn’t smart? Is that what you’re saying?
its because they cant trade him. nothing more, nothing less.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Brace yourself Petes fans. Shaping up to be a very busy next 24-48 hours for Oke and the Petes...
I was thinking it’s quiet. Even though the Petes have already traded 4 players in the last week. How many more players will be traded I wonder? Won’t be long finding out now since trades are done in 2 days. There’s no doubt Oke is getting the best deals for the Petes and players all at the same time. Good for him to do that. Karma is real and having good Karma will bring back the championship sooner than later!

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
1704734611384.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad