Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Potentially coming out of the deadline with 4 2007 born first round picks is a job well done.
If that’s the case the work starts now. The remaining older players will have to pick up the slack. These guys combined won’t have as many games experience as some of the players considered as “depth” players.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
could be alot of 2nds
I hope its 3 2nds because we are already have a lot of 3rds. Yes it is hard to complain ending this deadline with 4 '07 1sts but since McCoy isn't getting any picks, wish we were able to load up on picks a bit more. Melee could possibly bring back a decent return but either way our cupboard has filled in nicely. Nice work Oke

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Here is where the Petes draft pick cupboard stands now after the Beck deal
1704750619381.png

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Just me or is the Beck deal kind of underwhelming for the Pete's?

Last year they traded JVV, Dezote, two 2nds, 3rd, 4th.

This year they get back an ‘07, two 2nds and a 3rd.

By my calculation, they traded DeZote, a 4th and the value difference between the two 1st rounders for Beck at one calendar year.

I would say that is a great outcome! WIN for sure.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
With as many 07’s there is on the team now. Plus the prospects that can sign in the next year I feel like the picks next year won’t matter as much now. Am I wrong thinking that? Isn’t there a rule how many 07’s the Petes can have this year? Isn’t it capped at 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad