Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
So...

C - Lefebvre, Purdeller, Taylor, Partridge
LW - Melee, Page, Young, Cadorin, Faulkner (C/LW)
RW - McCallum, McIntyre, Addy, Binnie

Let's see some lines.

Melee - Purdeller - Addy
Young - Lefebvre - McCallum
Page - Taylor - McIntyre
Cadorin - Partridge - Faulkner/Binnie

Keeps the four 16 year olds on seperate lines, gives Taylor some muscle on his wings as a rookie centre.

Also, over/under 2 goals per game rest of season for this team? :eek3:
Not sure if that works? Weakens every line. I could see Page, Lefebvre and McCallum being a line while Melee, Perdeller and McIntyre be another line. Giving guys like Partridge , Faulkner and Binnie time rotating the young guys in. Lefebvre and Page scored all of the Petes goals this week and were both on for every goal the Petes scored. I would say if there’s chemistry there coaches will leverage that.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Wonder if there’s a market for Stuzska. Clearly not in the plans next year could see him being moved

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Rye hasn't really proven much...
Very much like all the young guys the Petes just brought in I include Rye in the conversation of grooming will be important. Can’t throw Rye in net to get peppered every night. He’d have zero confidence which wouldn’t help the team when they will need him at his best. There’s a process for a reason. These young guys will have to learn to trust the process. There’s still enough older guys around to help groom these young guys. Lefebvre, Melee, Page, Gauvreau, Perdeller, Stutzka were all part of last year’s Championship team. I’m sure Wilson will lean on these guys to “process” the younger guys.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Think any more moves coming?
Still Melee.

Petes fans would know better then me, but I heard a lack of player cards is the reason they might not be able to sell even further and why they won't even be able to add OA's back in the mix.

So Melee, likely for an '06', is probably the last move for Peterborough, as he'll net the best return.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Still Melee.

Petes fans would know better then me, but I heard a lack of player cards is the reason they might not be able to sell even further and why they won't even be able to add OA's back in the mix.

So Melee, likely for an '06', is probably the last move for Peterborough, as he'll net the best return.
I can see that being realistic. And yes there is a card issue now isn’t there. Does anyone know how many cards Petes have left?

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
What would make sense is Stuzska for picks and then bring in West from Barrie for probably next to nothing. Barrie has 3 goalies and 2 are OA I would imagine west is gonna get released

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Well, Petes fans, it was a good run! You guys did very well restocking the picks and also added some good ‘07s. None of the ‘07s you have will be impact players next year but they all line up to be solid 18 and 19 year olds. Things will be very shitty for a season and a half but it was worth it.

The reality is, many teams make serious pushes at the deadline but only one team wins it all and you guys managed to bring it home! It makes the next season and a half of agony all worth it.

Concentrate of the positives going forward. Look at the positives in the young players you now have as opposed to zeroing in on their flaws.

I hope Oke manages to pick up a couple solid OA’s when the dust settles. The young guys need mentors and can’t be developing by chasing a puck for two seasons!

It looks like the 67’s will make a run this year. We’ll see what they end up doing. They have a shot at least. Next year will be a sell off almost 100%! It will be our turn…

With that, I bid you adieu! I may lurk around here and there but for the most part I will be leaving you alone.

Be well Lads and Lasses!
He has now moved on to torment the Fronts board! Hopefully he will give the same luck to us as he gave to you guys! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Section5Petes

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I have heard that Melee is not going to be traded so unless someone swoops in with a terrific offer, he is not going anywhere...

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I can see that being realistic. And yes there is a card issue now isn’t there. Does anyone know how many cards Petes have left?
Can we count them out?
Bowen
Sztuska___ 2

Mayer
McCoy
Smith

Gauvreau
Cameron
Ladds
Woulds
Velliaris
Matejicek ____ 9

Dubois
Beck
Lockhart
McCue

Melee
McCallum
Lefebvre
Purdeller
Page
Partridge
Faulkner
Binnie
Cadorin
McIntyre
Addy
Young
Taylor
____ 17

That's 28, and hasn't accounted for Leek or Rye, who to my understanding wouldn't necessarily need to be on A cards at this point. I'm never the clearest on the cards though, so hopefully someone else can provide more insight.

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
He has now moved on to torment the Fronts board! Hopefully he will give there same luck to us as he gave to you guys! :)

In fairness, there was always the caveat that the Petes were massive underachievers heading into the deadline last year.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting anything of the sort about Kingston.

But, maybe someone will make me a believer when Kingston pulls off their Ohtman, Beck, Hayes, White, and Lockhart deals to turn them into a contender. Until then, I wish you the best of luck on your way to mediocrity….

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
It would make sense to move one of melee Stuszka or Lefebvre imo. Melee’s value will never be higher then right now.
yeah i don’t disagree with you. if they can find the right deal (no preference of picks or players) then I think they will explore it however.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Can we count?
Bowen
Sztuska___ 2

Mayer
McCoy
Smith

Gauvreau
Cameron
Ladds
Woulds
Velliaris
Matejicek ____ 9

Dubois
Beck
Lockhart
McCue

Melee
McCallum
Lefebvre
Purdeller
Page
Partridge
Faulkner
Binnie
Cadorin
McIntyre
Addy
Young
Taylor
____ 17

That's 28, and hasn't accounted for Leek or Rye, who to my understanding wouldn't necessarily need to be on A cards at this point. I'm never the clearest on the cards though, so hopefully someone else can provide more insight.
What’s the max you can have?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Can we count?
Bowen
Sztuska___ 2

Mayer
McCoy
Smith

Gauvreau
Cameron
Ladds
Woulds
Matejicek
Velliaris ____ 9

Dubois
Melee
Beck
Lockhart

McCallum
Lefebvre
McCue
McIntyre
Purdeller
Page
Partridge
Faulkner
Binnie
Cadorin
Addy
Young
Taylor ____ 17

I have 28 as well.

Two affiliate players haven’t played their 10 games. Assume they remain on affiliate cards. But, we don’t know if the Petes have assigned them cards. We assume they have not since they don’t have to because they automatically revert to full cards once they hit 10 games.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
yeah i don’t disagree with you. if they can find the right deal (no preference of picks or players) then I think they will explore it however.
Still a few picks missing including 3,4 this year and a 2026 2nd. Still kind of shocked Beck only brought back 3 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad