Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I agree. We need to add an overage forward that can contribute on offence. There are two that are sitting at home that could be had for nothing or a for a waiver fee after noon tomorrow. We also need to add a defenceman whether it be a 2005 or 2006 or an overage. I would prefer to keep Jonathan Melee unless we can get a really good return on him.
I think it's just a numbers game at this point. There are 13 forwards and 6 defencemen on the roster. It would be borderline irresponsible not to add a couple players to get those numbers to 14 and 7. I don't think they can move anyone else out at this point if there are only two cards left.

Reactions: OHL Observer

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Interested to see the return missy gets for Veccia who’s apparently heading to Guelph. Him and Melee very comparable in terms of both 04’s who are around the same points. Melee has more playoff experience though

2,3,5 and conditional 4th for veccia

Reactions: Section5Petes

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I think Oke is holding out for a player plus picks in return for Melee. Rumour was Guelph had interest in Melee but obviously opted for Veccia. If Oke wanted just picks I see it hard for him to turn 2,3,5 and a conditional 4 down for Melee imo

Reactions: Section5Petes

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Don’t know much about this player from Flint anyone got any thoughts?

Apparently petes are also getting Topp from Guelph

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Wilson did employ Lockhart as a defense man multiple times last season, so it is probably not the defense angle.
More likely a combination of reasons previously mentioned such as; Lockhart earned the right to play every game, the Petes could only protect four OAs, and Lockhart had more trade value than Gauvreau and Dubois.
They expected tucker back, needed def more. gave them two oa def and top two centerman in beck (who they wouldnt have traded) and Dubois

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Let me just say that I am a fan of this Grayden Strohack deal. Tuin was mentioned and he is not as tough as Strohack. This is a solid deal for the Petes (3 year player) and is a prototypical Petes dman that should thrive under Wilson etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad